CHAPTER 11

Kiss the Rain

The rain finally stops pouring. Seung Hyun's jacket didn't protect them that much from the rain. They're both soaked and wet. Sandara slowly removes her arms from his waist and sits up. "We're lost...I'm so sorry Seung Hyun."

He shakes his head, "Don't be. We'll just call your sister and they'll come find us." Seung Hyun sticks his hand in his left pocket then his right. Oh crap! I think my phone fell while I was chasing after her. Crap this is not good... He smiles coolly at Sandara and reaches out for the plastic bag he left behind them during the pouring rain. He pulls out a sandwhich from the plastic bag. It's a good thing the waitress tied this bag tight. It didn't get wet.

"You must be hungry. We've been out here for hours. Here eat this." He unwraps the sandwhich and breaks off a piece for her to eat. Sandara shakes her head stubbornly. "I know the baby is hungry." He cooed.

Sandara quickly covers suppressing her laughter back. Seung Hyun could see it in her eyes that she thought he was funny. He made the piece of sandwhich soar slowly like an airplane towards , "Open up...Here comes Yummy Sandy-which!"

Sandara's head rolls back and her laughter echoes around them. Seung Hyun joins her laughter. After a few minutes of laughing Sandara reaches her hand out and touches the tip of Seung Hyun's nose. She smiles at him.

"What was that for?"

"Just making sure you're real." She takes a bite of the sandwhich and chews quietly. Sandara's eyes wanders around to their surroundings. She's in deep thought. Am I really okay now? Why did Sang Hyun show himself to me? I'm CRAZY 'coz I can't tell the difference between what's real and what's not...aigoo! 

"Sandara..." Seung Hyun gently shakes her shoulders.

"Huh?" She snaps back from her deep thought and looks into his concerned eyes. 

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing. Mmm! This sandwhich is delicous!" She grins.

Seung Hyun knows she's faking her smile because it's not the same as her heart melting smile he loves so much. She's not okay. She needs to let it out. She can't go back to her old habit of keeping her feelings to herself. "It's ok to think of your brother. You're slowly recovering from a traumatic event. No one said it's going to be easy coming out from it. So don't be too hard on yourself about what happened earlier. I understand."

"Do you?"

"I may not have the same experience you had of losing a sibling but I really care for you." He gently caresses her cheek. "I can't explain this feeling. But I know it only reacts this way when I'm around you. What you feel...I feel. I don't like seeing you sad. I just want to throw that sadness away but it's not that simple. So I'm willing to wait patiently and help you get through this."

Sandara's cheeks flush red. I can't believe this...I thought I was going to be the one making him happy and smile from the first day we met. He didn't look too happy at the toy store. He looked lost and frustrated. I thought if I got to know him I would make him smile. But look at us now...it's the other way around. He's the one trying to make me happy. "Seung Hyun, I....I..."

Seung Hyun notices her color change from red to pale white, "Are you okay?"

"I...I...don't feel good..." Her vision blurs then blacks out.

He catches her into his arms and gently lays her head on his lap. He places his hand on her forehead. De ja vu? This happened a few nights ago. She's running a fever again. Why does this always happen to us? Rain then she faints...I seriously need to keep her away from the rain from now on. Seung Hyun quietly prays that someone will find them or else he'll have to carry her and aimlessly find their way out of the forest.






-------------------------------------------------





Sandara finds herself lying alone on the soft grass. She quickly sits up, "Seung Hyun?" The sun is brightly shining through some of the openings of the forest tree tops. It's so quiet. Her head scans her surrounding. "SEUNG HYUN!!!" 

Why'd he leave me here all by myself? Where did he go? She stands up. Suddenly two hands cover her eyes. She screams her lungs out. A familiar laughter echoes behind her. 

The owner's hands uncovers her eyes and she turns around. "SANG HYUN!" 

Sang Hyun chuckles, "Noona, I'm not deaf. Aigoo, you don't have to yell."

Sandara hugs her brother tightly into her arms, "You're alive!"

He gently pushes her back away from him, "Sorry noona but I'm not."

Tears streamed down her cheeks. Sang Hyun quickly wipes them away, "Noona, you said you were going to be happy for me..that you're not going to be sad anymore. Don't cry."

She softly laughs, "Aigoo Sang Hyungiee...you heard me say that? I only remember saying that in my head."

"Either way I know. I'm watching over you and our family. It broke my heart for months watching you like that....I really wanted to show myself to you months ago and knock some senses back into you but I couldn't." He smirks then messes his sister's hair. "I'm happy Seung Hyun finally came. I knew I would like him even before I died. He's a good guy. He's going to take care of you."

"I miss you Sang Hyungieee." She takes both of his hands into hers.

"I miss you too noona. I miss everyone...Please take care of yourself from now on? Don't be sad. It's not your fault what happened to me. I love you noona that's why I protected you." He gives Sandara a big bear hug.

Her tears started streaming again, "I love you too Sang Hyun."

Sang Hyun releases Sandara from his arms, "Noona?"

"Yes?"

"Please be happy. And can you please go back to your old crazy Ssantoki? I rather watch you acting all crazy and silly than being sad and boring." He chuckles.

"What? You thought I was boring before?"

"Yes noona! Seriously watching you these past few months I think I fell asleep more than a 100 times. That's how boring you were! It's not like I could change the channel up there."

Sandara slaps his forearm, "You're so bad! I'm happy you showed yourself to me. Will you be visiting me often?"

Sang Hyun shakes his head, "Sorry noona I can't."

"Why?" She hugs tightly not letting go.

"Noona, I'm giving you closure by showing myself to you. You need to move on with your life and understand that it's not your fault. I'm happy up there. It's very peaceful and calm. So don't worry about me. I want you to be happy and take care of our family. Bommie noona really really loves and care for you. Can you kiss and hug her for me?" He kisses the top of her head.

"Thank you Sang Hyungiee for protecting me that day...you'll forever be in my heart..."

"Your welcome noona. And you know you can always talk to me if your sad. I can hear you. And just a reminder please don't make me bored again?" He laughs.

Sandara unwraps her arms from him, "Sang Hyun! We were just having a serious good bye conversation and you ended it with humor?"

Sang Hyun chuckles, "What? I was just trying to lighten up the sad atmosphere growing around you. Which I really don't like... Promise me or at least try not being sad anymore?"

"I promise. Thank you again Sang Hyungiee...I'll remember this moment...my smiling cutie pie brother!" She pinches both his cheeks.

"Noona! My cheeks! You're making them turn red!" He grabs both her wrist.

Sandara laughs, "I miss your cheeks! Let me remember this moment one last time."

He smiles, "I love you noona." Sang Hyun embraces Sandara.

"Love you too Sang Hyun." She inhales her brother's scent. I want to remember this too. I'm going to miss you little brother.


"Sandara, wake up!"