CHAPTER 5

Kiss the Rain

FLASHBACK

“Noona!”

“What?” Sandara quickens her pace and catches up to him. She accidently bumps into his back. He turns around frowning at her. She stares up at her baby face brother and grins back at him.

“Why did you do that in front of her? It was so embarrassing!” His cheeks flush red.

“My baby Sang Hyung-ie has a crush eh? So cute!” She squeals and pinches his cheeks.

“You’re doing it again, NOONA! Stop!” He grabs both her wrist.

Sandara eyes widen. She’s shock at her brother’s actions. Her eyes turn watery. Sang Hyun’s facial expression changes. He sighs in defeat, “Noona.” He cooed. “You know I hate seeing your eyes like that. I’m sorry. I over reacted but still I don’t think I can show my face to her again. Dara noona I love you and all but…” He shakes his head.

“I’m sorry Sang Hyung-ie. I just wanted everyone to know that they can’t mess with my baby bro like that.”

“Noona I can take care of myself. I’m a young man now. See I’m even taller than you and Bommie noona.” He drapes his arm over her shoulder. “I should be the one protecting you both. If a guy breaks either one of your hearts he’s going to get it from me.” He lifts up his hand into a fist.

Sandara laughs, “Don’t worry about her. I’m a girl and I know how a girl’s mind works. She’s definitely into you too! No matter what I say or do her feelings for you won’t change.” She pinches his cheeks again.

“You’re just saying that so I can feel better. What kind of girl would like me after seeing how his older sister had to defend him in front of those bullies? I bet she thinks I’m weak for not standing on my own two feet. I could have handled those guys on my own noona. You shouldn’t have done that. So embarrassing..” He looks away from his older sister’s concerned eyes.

END OF FLASHBACK




“Sang Hyung-ie.” Sandara whispers. She wipes her tears away and sits up. 


Chaerin and Seung Hyun walk in. Sandara watches them come closer to her. Chaerin sits on the bed, “Are you feeling better?”

Sandara nods her head, “Yes. Thank you for taking care of me.”

Chaerin looks back at her brother standing a couple feet away from them. She reaches for a purple stuff rabbit on her bed stand table and hands it to Sandara, “Here you can have this.”

“Tam Tam.” Sandara quietly says to herself.

Chaerin heard her. I knew it! She’s real! My oppa isn’t crazy! It’s her! Chaerin was now grinning. Sandara looked at her like she was crazy girl with an evil plan. “Uh are you sure? It’s a really cute doll but why are you giving it to me? Your brother gave that to you.”

“Marry my brother!” Chaerin tackles Sandara on the bed. She was literally squeezing Sandara in her arms.

“CHAERIN-AH!!”

“Cant. Breathe. Need. Air.” Sandara’s eyes were about to pop out. Chaerin was suffocating her.

Seung Hyun manages to pry his sister away from Sandara, “Chaerin! Are you trying to kill her? I’m sorry.” He looks back down at Sandara who was rubbing her neck.

Chaerin pouts stubbornly at her brother. She pushes pass him and stands by her dresser. “I’m sorry.” She looks back at Sandara and gives her an apologetic smile. “May I know your name?”

“Sandara Park.”

Sandara saw Chaerin’s eyes turn into a bright smile like the fireworks went off in her eyes. Scary. Uh I shouldn’t have told her my real name. Looks like she’s planning to do something to me. Help! She grabs a pillow from the bed and clutches onto it. Seung Hyun saw fear in Sandara’s eyes and spoke, “Don’t worry I won’t allow her to hurt you again. I’m Seung Hyun.”

Chaerin laughs, “Oppa! I didn’t mean to hurt her! I just got too excited that’s all!”

I believe you. Seung Hyun. That’s your name? My angel…you’re real after all. Sandara’s eyes feels heavy. The room starts to spin in her eyes. Black out.

“Omo! Oppa, she fainted!”

“You killed her with the way you choked her earlier.” He chuckles as he sits next to Sandara on the bed. Seung Hyun lightly fixes her body so she is comfortable on the bed. He puts his hand on her forehead. Still warm. I’ll go make her some soup.

“Oppa! I didn’t mean to do that! I’m sorry okay?”

“Chaerin when she wakes up please don’t choke her again?”

“Promise! I’ll control my over-excitedness down for you oppa!” Chaerin was jumping around in circles clapping her hands.

“Is that what you call control?”

Chaerin stops jumping, “Whoops!”

“Come on, let’s go make her some lunch. Let her rest for awhile and again please Chaerin-ah don’t hurt her okay?”

“I promise oppa! I love her already!” Chaerin prances out of the bedroom.

Seung Hyun caresses her cheek, “Sandara, such a beautiful name. I’ll take care of you. Let me take away the sadness in your eyes. I wish to see that same bright smiling angel in the toy store I once saw before.” I wonder what happened after that day? Well the second time I saw her she was still happy with that young boy. But the third time I saw her the happiness was all gone. She’s a mystery that I want to figure out. Thank you destiny for letting us find each other again.




-------------------------------------------------






“Ms. Park, are you sure she’ll come back? I want to go look for her. She might be hurt or some sick guy found her and is taking advantage of her current emotional state.”

“Calm down Mr. Lee, I have a feeling she’s safe. I don’t know but we just have this bond and I can sense when she’s in trouble. I know only twins have that kind of bond but maybe Sandara and I are an exception.” Bom smiles at the picture she has in her hand of her, Sandara and Sang Hyun. “Sang Hyun is watching over her.”

“Sang Hyun was too young to die. I’m sorry for your family’s loss Ms. Park.”

Bom touches Sang Hyun’s face on the photo. Little Sang Hyun please watch over your Dara noona. She’s confused and lost. Tears start streaming down her face. I miss you Sang Hyun.

-------------------------------------------------








"NO!!!!" Sandara thrashes around the bed.

Seung Hyun rushes to her side and wraps his arms around her, “Shh Sandara…it’s just a bad dream. I’m here. Shhh…go back to sleep. I’m here.” He continues to whisper those assuring words in her ears until she falls back asleep. Seung Hyun wipes her tears dry with his hand. 

Chaerin enters the room with a tray and gently places it on top of the dresser, “Oppa?”

“Chaerin.” His eyes still locked on Sandara.

I really don’t understand love. But my Oppa is madly in love with Sandara. Now I get why he’s been acting that way since he got back from Maryland. It’s because of her. He’s been madly in love with her for 6 months without even knowing her name. Only today he found out her name but he’s acting as if they’ve been lovers for many years. Amazing how soul mates meet. I guess in their previous life they really did love each other and their love story is just continuing on in this lifetime. So sweet! Chaerin carries a glass of water to her brother, “So oppa..what are we going to do with Sandara? Are we going to send her back home after she feels better?”

Seung Hyun sighs, “Yes.”

“What? Why? Can’t she stay here with us?” Chaerin whines.

“Chaerin-ah she’s not a lost puppy we just found that we can keep here because we want to.”

“But oppa finders keeper loser weeper.” Chaerin laughs.

“Chaerin she’s not a toy.”

“I wish she could stay with us.” Chaerin sits next to them and places TamTam underneath Sandara’s hand.

Me too but it’s up to her if she wants to stay with us. Seung Hyun lightly moves her loose strand away from her face. I wish I could keep you forever. If only you knew my heart screams only for you.

-------------------------------------------------




“Morning.”

“Hi.” Sandara sheepishly blushed. Gosh I’ve been sleeping so much in their home. So embarrassing. I should leave already. She rubs her eyes and he steps closer to her bed. I really think this is a dream. My beautiful angel is here staring at me. He was there after my first breakdown. He caught me and kept me safe in his arms. I missed those arms I felt safe in them. But where did he go after that? I thought guardian angels were supposed to stay with you until you feel better. He left me just like….

Seung Hyun interrupted Sandara’s thoughts, “Do you wanna go home now?”