CHAPTER 4

Kiss the Rain

Chaerin’s mouth gapes open. They know each other? How? She tilts her head and stares at Seung Hyun and Sandara still intertwined in each others’ arms. Five minutes has gone by before Chaerin snaps back to reality.

“Ahem! A-choo!” She continues to cough loudly.

Seung Hyun doesn’t even bother to look up. He continues to embrace and caress Sandara’s hair. Chaerin stomps her foot. YES! OPPA JUST IGNORE ME!

“OPPA!”

“Shh…” Seung Hyun glares at Chaerin. “She’s sleeping. Be quiet.” He whispers.

“But oppa….” Chaerin stubbornly pouts.

“Chaerin-ah we’ll talk outside now go out.”

Chaerin frowns and clicks her tongue at her brother, “Fine.”

After Chaerin left Seung Hyun slowly removes Sandara’s arms from his waist and gently lays her back down. Her cheeks were still flushed red and warm. He caressed her cheeks and plants a kiss on her forehead.

“I’ll be back.” He whispers and gets up from the bed. Seung Hyun takes one last look at Sandara before closing the door.





-------------------------------------------------





Seung Hyun finds Chaerin in the kitchen. She had her arms cross and marched toward him. He sighs and removes his glasses. Chaerin snatches it.

“You should wear contacts, oppa.”

“Chaerin give it back.”

“NO! Tell me how you know her!” Chaerin starts tossing his glasses up and down.

“Hey don’t do that!”

Chaerin drops his glasses and accidently steps on it. “Whoops!” She giggles. “I guess you have to wear your contacts now.”

“You do know we’re rich.” He raises a brow at her. “I can buy another pair of glasses.”

“Then I’ll keep breaking them if you don’t tell me about her.”

“Come here.” Seung Hyun playfully headlocks Chaerin and messes her hair.

“Oppa!” She frantically slaps his arms. “My HAIR!”

Seung Hyun burst into laughter and lets go of Chaerin. Chaerin throws his glasses in the trashcan and clicks her tongue at him. Her actions made him laugh even harder. “You’re such a brat.”

“Am not! Oppa please tell me! I wanna know!” Chaerin pouts and makes a puppy face. “Please.”

“Fine.” 

“Is she your girlfriend? How long have you been hiding her from us? Why oppa? You’re so selfish oppa!” Chaerin’s forehead creases and she was taking quick breaths. She sure did fire all those words at him all at once.

“Whoa there little sis! Calm down!” He chuckles. “Hmm..where should I start?”

“From the beginning oppa!”

“It’s hard to explain. I really don’t know her. I don’t know her name.”

“WHAT?!?!” Chaerin’s eyes pop out. “How could you not know her name?! The way you two were hugging seems to me there’s more to it oppa!”

“Again calm down. Breathe in. Breathe out.” Seung Hyun makes hand gestures of breathing in and breathing out and lets out a low chuckle. He pat’s Chaerin’s head. “I really think she’s my angel.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me oppa. Don’t give me that lame line guys use to pick up girls. Like she fell from the sky and she’s your fallen angel.” Chaerin shakes her head in disbelief.

“Remember I went to Maryland six months ago?” 

Chaerin nods her head.

“Well that’s when I first saw her.”

“So you guys been dating since then?”

“No. I told you I don’t know her name.”

“Oppa!” She throws her hands up.

“What? Chaerin sit down and be quiet. I’ll tell you everything.”




FLASHBACK



May 12

“Yes, uncle. I know I’m definitely sure with my decision of going to college back in Korea. They’ve got great schools here but I love our home. Thanks for taking me out here and showing me my options. Anyways I’ll see you at the hotel in an hour. I’m still looking for a gift for my annoying lovable little sister.” Seung Hyun laughs to himself and hangs up the phone. From the corner of his eyes a purple stuff rabbit catches his eyes. He reaches out for it but another hand beats him to it. He accidently touches the other person’s hand sending a shock throughout his body.

“I’m sorry.”

Seung Hyun’s eyes follow the owner’s hand to her face. He blinks a couple times. Her aura for him seems to be blinding him. Is she glowing or it’s just my eyes? The young lady in front of him was wearing a white blouse and blue jeans. Her hair flowed simply over her shoulders. She laughed at his frozen facial expression.

“You okay? Um, I think your sister will like this doll.” She hands the rabbit to the speechless young man. “Sorry but I overheard you talking on the phone. You’re a sweet brother so I thought I should help you.” She flashes him a smile making his heart pound uncontrollably.

“Thanks.” He finally manages to speak up.

Her eyes glistened with happiness staring into Seung Hyun’s eyes then stares at the rabbit, “I know she’ll like it cuz I do. You should name it Tam Tam. I think it’s a cute name.”

Seung Hyun smiles at her then stares at the doll in his hands, “Tam Tam is a nice name. Thanks, uh…”

He looks back up and the beautiful girl disappeared. Where did she go? Seung Hyun searched for her everywhere around the store. She was gone. Was she real? She disappeared pretty fast. And I even asked the people around if they noticed her leave and they didn’t. Hmmm. I think she’s a pretty angel. My angel. He smiles at the doll in his hands.



One week later – May 19



My last day here, I think I should take a walk outside one last time. Hmm…I wonder a few days ago after the toy store incident with my angel…I thought I saw her again the other day. I maybe wrong but I know I’m positive it was her. Those eyes how could I forget them? I can never erase those eyes in my mind. My brain and heart aches to see them again for some reason. She was with this tall guy. Maybe her brother? Hmm, they did look alike and she was sweet to him.

Again with my bad eye sight! After I took my eyes away from them for just one second they both disappeared! So maybe I was really imagining her with that guy. Aigoo Seung Hyun! You really are seeing things! Make believe dream girl! I need some fresh air!
 Seung Hyun shakes his head and walks out his hotel room.


“Fresh air! Ahh! But Korea’s air smells better. I miss home.”

Seung Hyun was sitting comfortably underneath a big tree in a park. The weather was nice and he was enjoying watching other people bond in the park. Families were having picnics while friends were lounging around laughing. I wish I could see her again.

His wish came true. The girl appears on the corner of his left eye. She’s walking across him. She looks lost. She doesn’t look bright like before. What’s wrong? “Hey!” 

Seung Hyun stands up. He lightly grabs her arm to get her attention. She stops and looks at him. Her eyes…. Her eyes roll back and she faints into his arms. He gently brings her down and holds her in his arms. My angel’s eyes look… She stirs up around his arms gaining conscious. “Hi.”

She starts crying and Seung Hyun gently wipes her tears away. She hugs Seung Hyun and he hugs her back even tighter. Don’t cry my angel. You’re breaking my heart crying. Please don’t cry. He rubs small circles on her back trying to calm her down. It was slowly getting dark and the people in the park we’re almost all gone. The only two people left were Seung Hyun and his angel. Her sobs stopped and he looked down at her. She was sleeping now. I’ll take care you. I don’t mind wiping those tears away. As long as you’re in my arms you’ll be safe. He leans his head back on the tree and closes his eyes. 


Seung Hyun felt stiff. His neck hurts. He slowly opens his eyes and realized its morning now. Whoa! I fell asleep in the park! Oh no! I have a flight at noon. His heart felt half empty and realized she’s gone. She’s not in his arms. Where did she go again? “Oh man! I’m going crazy.” 





END OF FLASHBACK




“But she’s real oppa! She’s here with us! She’s in my room! I saw her too so you’re not crazy oppa!” Chaerin tugs on her brother’s arm. “Come one let’s go back up stairs!”