Chapter 21

Now or Never

“Ohh Baekhyun I thought you were sleeping.” His mom said as Baekhyun was making his way towards the door dressed up.

“Ah…” Baekhyun said laughing, “I forgot I had to meet a friend.”

“A friend?” His mother said, “At this time?”

“Ohh…it’s important.” Baekhyun replied, “Is the driver still here?”

“Oh he is.” His mother replied looking at him curiously.

“I’ll take you.” Kris said coming out the kitchen with a coffee mug.

“No, its fine.” Baekhyun said looking at his hyung, “I’m going then.” He finished looking at his mother.

“Okay,” His mother replied, “Come back safely okay?”

“Ohh…” Baekhyun replied as the door shut.

“Where’s he going?” Kris asked his mother.

“He just said he has to meet a friend…” His mom said nodding her head, “For something important.”

 

You were seated down on a bench near a park next to your house. “Did I call him too late?” You looked at the time on your phone and sighed, “He must think I’m a night girl ahh!” Before you could make other assumptions you heard someone call your name from behind.

“Sohee!” You turned around and saw Baekhyun next to his car. You took a deep breath and for a second you were dazed. He looked stunning. He was wearing casual cloths, it was your first time seeing him like this and he made those cloths look like they were worth millions of dollars. He wore dark jeans that had some rips in it with a white top, under a black leather jacket. His hair was tussled messily but looked perfect. You could tell from his red nose he was a little cold but he was smiling anyway.

You walked over to him and stopped once you were couple of feet away. “Hello.” You said looking at his god-like face.

He smiled and then nodded to his driver, “I’ll call you once I’m done.”

The driver nodded and replied, “Yes sir.” And went into the car and drove away.

You looked at Baekhyun and said, “Sorry if I called you out too late.”

“It’s okay!” Baekhyun said a bit too fast.

You chuckled and said, “Can I?” He nodded and you grabbed the handles of the wheelchair and went onto the road that was scattered with a few people here and there hustling around.

“It’s cold.” Baekhyun said.

“It is…” You replied and continued, “Sorry.”

You heard Baekhyun chuckle and he said, “You already said that.”

“No…” You replied, “This time I was saying sorry for messing up your dinner…”

You heard Baekhyun laughing and said, “What’s so funny?”

“You’re saying sorry for something like that?” He stopped laughing and continued, “You’re acting like you did something worse.”

“But…” You said and shook it off, “Never-mind.”

“So…” Baekhyun said, “You called me over to say you’re sorry?”

“No.” You said and smiled, “I’m going to make it up!”

“What?” Baekhyun said confused.

“Ahh!” You screamed but not too loud, “It’s closed!!!”

“What is?” Baekhyun asked curiously.

“What is this luck?” You stomped your feet and growled in frustration, “I was going to treat you to my favorite restraint but it’s closed!”

Baekhyun’s eyes came out a little and he said, “Treat me out for food?”

You nodded and said, “You didn’t eat dinner at the seafood place, so you must be hungry and I was going to treat you to some late night supper….” You frowned and blew your bangs, “But the darn place is closed.”

Baekhyun smiled and said, “You were really going to treat me out for food?”

You nodded and suddenly you had an idea, “I know!” You looked at Baekhyun and said, “My house is nearby here, just a block away do you want to come, I can make you something?”

Baekhyun could never object what you just offered so he nodded his head and said, “Sounds good to me.”

“ASA!” You screamed happily and grabbed the handles of the wheelchair and started to walk towards your apartment complex.

 

“You can watch TV if you like; I’ll make you something really delicious.” You mumbled. It was your first time having a boy over and a being alone with this handsome man made your hormones crazy.

Baekhyun nodded and replied, “No, I’ll just stay here and watch…” He noticed how awkward that sounded so he quickly added, “I mean I don’t want you to poison my food…”

A moment of silence, you both burst into a laugh. “Sorry,” Baekhyun responded, “I don’t know why I’m acting strange.”

You nodded and said, “No, it’s fine. It’s cute…” You mentally face-palmed yourself, *That wasn’t supposed to come out!*

Anyway, you ended up making some delicious stir-fry and noodles for Baekhyun.

Baekhyun’s eyes enlarged when he saw all the food in front of him. Rice; white and stir-fried, noodles, kimchi, and dumplings all prepared and set in front of him pleasantly. All of it smelled mouth-watering and the sweet smell of homemade food filled the room with a warm and delightful aroma.

“Sorry, “ You said taking a seat in front of him, “It’s not much but this is all I can do with what I had.”

“What are you saying,” Baekhyun said looking back up at you, “This is perfect!” He took a spoonful of rice and placed it down his throat. He ate it too fast and started coughing.

You smiled and handed him a glass of water, “Eat slowly, the foods not about to run away.”

He nodded and smiled, “It’s really…very good.” And with that he started devouring down the food.

 

After the food was you and Baekhyun were seated in the living room. The hum of TV was heard in the background but you two were busy conversing to even bother shutting it off.

“Just ask…” Baekhyun said, “I’ll try my best to answer.”

You nodded and said, “You don’t have to I’m just curious, never-mind.”

“It was a motorbike accident,” Baekhyun said, “But I can still walk somewhat.”

“What?” You said, “Then why don’t you, I don’t mean to sound rude, sorry!”

Baekhyun chuckled and continued, “It bothers me, I guess.” He looked at you and you noticed all of a sudden how distant his eyes seemed, “I feel useless.”

You placed your hand on his, causing him to look at you suddenly. “You’re not useless…” You whispered. Your head’s leaned closer until your lips were centimeters apart, “You are worthwhile-“ Just before something could spark, your cell-phone started to ring.

 

“Thanks again for the food Sohee.” Baekhyun said as he got seated into his car.

“You’re welcome.” You smiled waving to him.

“Next time it’s on me.” He responded and with that you bid a sweet night and his driver drove off.

 

“Umma!” Baekhyun growled, “My stomach!”

“Aigo!” Baekhyun’s mom playfully hit his head, “Why did you eat dinner again?”

“It was so good I couldn’t resist mom,” Baekhyun looked at his mom and continued, “It’s better than your cooking.”

“Aigo! Where is this place that is better than my cooking huh?” She asked.

“Secret.” Baekhyun winked.

Baekhyun’s mom gave him the medicine and exited the room, and just as she did Kris entered.

He raised his eyebrow and said, “Who did you go out to meet this late at night?”

Baekhyun replied, “No one in particular.”

Kris smirked and said, “Really? When I called Sohee I was positive I heard your voice in the background.”

~o~o~o~

The Gang

Check it out please :D ---> Joan of Arc