Chapter 20

Now or Never

Baekhyun was looking out the window in deep thought. It was dark outside, everything was still, it was peaceful but Baekhyun hated this. He hated looking at a still picture. He sighed in frustration and looked away. He turned his back to the window and sighed, yet again.

The truth was Baekhyun was confused. He knew what Chanyeol said could not be true, Sohee was not that type of person who would seek revenge, and Baekhyun was positive he knew that she did not know who he was. That’s one thing Baekhyun was one-hundred percent positive about: Sohee did not know he was the guy on the motorcycle.

He rubbed his temples and thought about it again. Chanyeol would never lie to him that was another thing he was sure of. He tapped his fingers on his head and said to himself, “Think Baekhyun…” And then it clicked his mother.

“Umma?” Baekhyun questioned himself. He wanted to think that was stupid but something told him this was his mother’s doings. He cleared his throat and said, “Chanyeol did say umma told him but….” Baekhyun threw back his head in aggravation and just as he was about to give up he saw the other half of your clip on his dresser.

He rolled up to it and picked it up, and that’s when he remembered.

-Flashback-

(Chapter 2)

“Is she okay?” Baekhyun asked his mom.

“She’s fine.” She responded.

“Did you tell her that I was sorry?” He asked.

She looked at him and responded “I did…but she said sorry wasn’t going to do anything and that she was going to need much more than a sorry.”

Baekhyun looked at his mom shocked and replied “Really? Did she really say that?”

“Yes.” She cleared and continued, “She even made me give her money. She said she would get her revenge too.” She responded back.

-Flashback Over-

Baekhyun looked at the clip again and said, “No, it’s not true Sohee would never, she’s not that type of person.” He observed the clip and said, “But Umma won’t lie to me either.”

 

You were getting out of class when you heard someone call your name.

“Sohee!”

You turned around and saw Kris waving to you from his car; he was making signals for you to come to him. You also saw Baekhyun next to him and your eyes lit up.

“Hello.” You said to Baekhyun. He looked at you and nodded, nothing else was said from his mouth.

You grew disappointed but drifted your attention to Kris, “Hi.” You said friendly.

Baekhyun sensed the way you spoke to Kris, and it was rather friendly. *It seems these two really got closer since the last time I saw them together.*

Kris looked at Baekhyun and then back at you, “Me and Baekhyun were about to get something to eat…” He looked at Baekhyun again and then continued, “Want to join us?”

You looked at Baekhyun for a signal.

Baekhyun smiled at you and you nodded not even looking at Kris. “I would like that.” You replied.

Kris saw the way you looked at Baekhyun and he could tell right away how you felt about his younger brother but he wasn’t going to give up.

“Alright then.” Kris said, “What should we eat…” He looked at you and said, “You choose?”

“Ah….” You thought for a moment and then replied, “Seafood?”

“Seafood?” Kris said looking at Baekhyun and then at you.

“Uhh….” You awkwardly laughed, “I’ve been craving seafood for a while…”

Kris looked at Baekhyun who nodded and said, “Sounds good.”

 “Okay then, seafood it is,” Kris replied.

 

You were at a Japanese restaurant, and so far this place was really amazing. The food came in rather quickly and you started to dig in right away. Truth was you had not had lunch and this food was beyond good. There was plentiful of sashimi and yakizakana and they were beautifully prepared.

“It’s really good.” You said as you took another bite of the grilled fish that was placed in front of you. The fish gave a delicious aroma and it was grilled perfectly and had a buttery texture but crispy too. It was like taking a bite out of heaven.

Kris smiled and said, “It’s a nice place isn’t it?”

You looked up and observed the surrounding. It was really private and clean. The restaurant was sectioned into rooms where the party that was eating had their own nice room. You were seated on the floor on floor cushions but it still gave off such a classy and high class feel.

“It is.” You said looking up at him. Your eyes then drifted to Baekhyun and you noticed that he was just playing with his rice with his chop-sticks and not really eating anything.

You cleared your throat with some water and sat on your knees. “Baekhyun,” You said and placed a piece of grilled fish on Baekhyun’s empty plate. He looked up at you, while Kris grew a bit jealous but mostly confused on your actions.

Before Baekhyun could talk you said, “Try it, it’s really good.” You picked up the piece from his plate and held it up to his face, “Try it.”

Baekhyun just looked at you and didn’t even flinch. “Ahh!” You said opening your mouth while you said it.

Baekhyun laughed at that and opened his mouth, “Ahh.”  He said as you placed the fish piece into his mouth and waited for his response.

“See…” You took another piece of the fish and moved your shoulder side to side as you ate it, “It’s so delicious, right?”

Kris chocked on his water a little at how you were acting towards Baekhyun and just as he was about to talk, Baekhyun spoke.

Baekhyun smiled and said, “Oh it is good…you should eat more.”

You nodded and said, “I am eating…” You looked at Baekhyun and frowned, “You’re the one not eating.”

“Baekhyun doesn’t really like seafood.” Kris said.

The expression on your face turned into a frown and you bit your lip, “You don’t like seafood?”

“Uhh-“ Baekhyun said but was interrupted.

“He actually really hates seafood…” Kris said looking at you but your eyes were focused on Baekhyun’s, “Especially fish.”

 

The car ride back home was pretty quiet. Kris asked to drop you off and you agreed. You guys had left pretty early too. You didn’t get to eat to your heart’s content but you didn’t have the will power to eat anymore. You kind of felt guilty because…because of you Baekhyun had not even eaten a proper dinner.

“We’re here.” Kris said as he stopped the car in front of your apartment complex.

“Ohh…thank you!” You said bowing a little. Kris laughed at your formality and then you looked at Baekhyun and said, “Good night.”

Once, you were inside you plopped down on your sofa and checked the time. It was 7 and you were feeling very bad that you messed up someone’s dinner and what Chanyeol had said to you a couple of days ago started to reenter your thoughts.

“Ahh!” You slapped your face lightly, “Forget it!” You the TV to try to clear your head and get preoccupied with what was on TV.

You woke to a gun-shot being fired. It was the TV. You stretched your arms and yawned, “What time is it?” You checked your phone and it was 10.

‘Is Baekhyun still awake?’ You thought out of the blue. You went into your contacts and with some hesitation you called Baekhyun.

You pressed the call button and waited until he finally picked up.

“Hello?” He said.

‘His voice sounds sleepy! I probably woke him up!’ “Were you sleeping, sorry.” You said face-palming yourself.

“No.” He replied, “I was just doing some school work.”

‘ASA!’  You thought. “Baekhyun-shi…can we meet up?” You asked biting your lip.

There was some hesitation but he responded, “Now?”

“If it’s inconvenient then you don’t have to…I mean-“ You said but got interrupted.

“Where?” He asked.

~o~o~o~

 PS: Excited for their late night get together?