Chapter 19

Now or Never

Baekhyun was sitting in the café located on the campus. *Why did I come this early…* He yawned and from the side on his vision he saw someone familiar.

*Isn’t that Hyung’s car?* He tilted his head to get a clearer view of it. *It is Kris .* Baekhyun furrowed his eyebrow when Kris opened the door of the passenger side of the car. *Who can that-* Baekhyun almost chocked when he saw Sohee get out the other side.

“Sohee…” He whispered to himself. *Kris hyung what are you doing?* Baekhyun looked away and sighed. *I hate the sight of that but why?* Baekhyun closed his eyes and took a deep breath, *But then again she wouldn’t want to be with me anyway right? I mean I can’t even get up…How can someone like a person like me…who can’t even do the essential things for himself…*

 

“Thanks for dropping me here.” You said to Kris.

Kris smiled and scratched the back of his neck, “It’s nothing I saw you walking and I was passing by…”

“Common curtsey?” You joked as you looked up at him. He chuckled and pushed your head back with his finger.

“Idiot.” He said and smiled.

You waved goodbye to Kris and then checked your phone for the time. “Ahh…” You sighed, *I got here to quick but at least I didn’t have to walk in the cold…* You rubbed your hands and huffed air on them, “Maybe I’ll grab something hot to drink.”

Smiling you went into the café to get a hot beverage.

 

“One hot chocolate please.” You said taking out some money.

“Here you go.” The cashier said handing you the drink, “Enjoy.” She said as she took the money.

“Hmm...thank you.” You said taking the hot chocolate.

You looked around to find a place to sit and suddenly you saw Baekhyun. “Ohh!” You said shocked. *What’s he doing so early here.* You thought as you made your way over to him.

Meanwhile Baekhyun had his eyes closed and his head leaning back against his chair. *I really hate this time of the year-* His thoughts got interrupted once he heard a chair being pulled out.

“Mind if I sit here?” Baekhyun heard and opened his eyes to find you sitting across from him.

He shook his head and said, “Not at all.” *Where’s Kris?* Baekhyun wanted to say but kept his mouth shut.

“So…what are you doing here so early?” You asked Baekhyun, trying to start up some conversation.

Baekhyun looked at you and then out the window, “Nothing really, and you? What are you doing here so early?”

You took a sip of hot chocolate and said, “I was walking but a friend saw me and offered me a ride here, so I got here earlier than planned.”

*A friend?* Baekhyun nodded and said, “Hey Sohee…”

You looked up and smiled, “Yes Baekhyun?” Baekhyun shook his head and replied, “Nevermind.” *Why can’t I say it…*

 

Classes were over and you were waiting outside for Kris. He had texted you and convinced you to let him give you a ride home. *Really…* You smiled holding your phone, *What’s up with him lately?*

Chanyeol who was walking to take Baekhyun home, saw you. *Who’s she waiting for?* He said and made his way over to you.

“Ohh!” You perked up, “Chanyeol hi!” You waved, “I haven’t seen-“

Chanyeol cut you off and said, “What are waiting here for? The bus is on the opposite side.”

Before you could reply, a car honked. Both you and Chanyeol turned around to see Kris honking. *Wow.* Chanyeol thought as he saw that you were waiting for Kris.

You bit your lip and said, “I was waiting for Kris he offered me a ride.”

Chanyeol bumped shoulders with you and said, “Kiss one brother, and play with the other.”

Before, you could respond Chanyeol walked away.

 

“What’s wrong?” Kris said as he was driving. You hadn’t said one word since you got into the car.

*Kiss one brother, and play with the other.* Chanyeol’s words kept repeating in your head. *I’m not playing with anyone though…Kris is just…just-* Your thoughts got interrupted by Kris putting up the radio.

“That’s too loud.” You said looking at Kris.

Kris smiled and said, “You can talk?”

You furrowed your eyebrows and replied, “What do you want?”

“A nice conversation maybe…” He sneaked a glance at you and continued, “Since you got in the car you’ve been quiet.” He turned off the radio and said, “Is everything okay Sohee?”

 

“Baekhyun I have something to tell you.” Chanyeol said as he was driving Baekhyun.

Baekhyun turned to Chanyeol and replied, “Sure thing Yeol tell me.”

Chanyeol sighed and said, “Your mom she said something to me…”

Baekhyun suddenly grew interested and said, “My mom? What about?”

Chanyeol grew nervous and said, “She said something…”

Baekhyun grew impatient and said, “Just tell me Yeol.”

Chanyeol stopped at the red light and said, “It’s about Sohee…” And faced Baekhyun.

~o~o~o~

Don't be mad at Yeol!