Chapter 18

Now or Never

“Seatbelt.” Kris said as he looked at you. You nodded quickly and reached at your side to find your seatbelt. Frustrated that you couldn’t find it you turned to your side and tried to look for it.

You heard Kris chuckle and as you turned around, Kris leaned towards you and pressed a button placed on the side of the car, and as he pressed the button a seatbelt appeared. “Idiot.” He whispered as he went back into his seat.

The rest of the car ride was quite. The only sound that could have been heard was the wind and the car’s tires. Kris glanced at you through the rear mirror and smiled. *How did she agree to come along with me?*

 

“Here are your menus.” The waiter said while handing the menu’s to both of you.

You smiled and took the menu, “Thank you.”

Kris handed the menu back and said, “Give us two orders of cream-pasta.” The waiter bowed and went to get it.

You lightly smiled when you heard Kris say that, *Baekhyun likes that too.* Kris saw you smiling and furrowed his eyebrows, “I don’t remember saying a joke.” He said as he took a sip of his water.

You sighed and said, “Can’t I just smile.”

He shook his head and did a ‘no’ action with his finger, “Every smile has a reason.” Before you could comment back the waiter brought in the food.

“Thank you.” You said as he placed the plate in front of you. The waiter smiled at you and bowed before leaving.

You clasped your hands together and said, “Let’s eat.” Kris nodded in agreement and both of you started eating. No one said a word while you both ate.

You glanced up at Kris and let out a little laugh.

Kris placed his fork down and swallowed his food, before saying, “Now why are you laughing.” He questioned.

You giggled and motioned while saying, “You have a little over here.” You touched your own face to tell him he had some cream from the paste there.

Kris wiped his lips and said, “Is it gone.” You shook your head and said, “Other side.” He wiped his face again with a napkin but missed it.

You picked up your own napkin and leaned over to him, “Come over here.”

Before Kris could move you wiped the cream of his face. Kris froze while you were wiping it off. “Really, you dress like an adult but eat like a kid.” You sat back down in your chair and smiled, “Welcome.”

Kris nodded and shuttered out, “Oh-oh thanks.”

 

“Come on Chanyeol I’m hungry.” Baekhyun said as he tapped the side of his wheelchair waiting for Chanyeol.

“I’m comin-“ Chanyeol replied as he caught up to Baekhyun but stopped mid-sentence. “Kris?”

Baekhyun rolled his eyes and said, “Kris what? You know he doesn’t like to eat with people-“

Chanyeol cut off Baekhyun and said, “No. Look it’s Kris and-“

Baekhyun turned his face and saw you and Kris coming out of the restaurant laughing.

“Sohee.” Chanyeol finished.

 

“Thanks.” Chanyeol said as the waiter brought in the food, “Looks good right Baekhyun.”

Baekhyun looked up and half-heartily smiled, “Ohh…cream-pasta is the best here.”

“Yeah it is!” Chanyeol happily agreed, “You guys make it the best!” Chanyeol gave a thumbs up to the waiter.

The waiter bowed and said, “Our cream-pasta seems to a big hit today. Just a while ago a couple said the same thing.”

*A couple…* Baekhyun looked at his food…*Sohee and Kris? Can’t be…*

Soon enough the waiter left and Chanyeol started to dig in. Chanyeol looked up at Baekhyun who was looking at his food absent mindedly. *Can’t you see I’m trying so hard to bring the mood up…* Chanyeol placed his fork down, *Just once Baekhyun try to play along.*

Chanyeol smiled and said, “Yah! Your food is getting cold.” He handed Baekhyun a fork and continued, “It won’t taste good if it’s cold.”

Baekhyun broke from his daze, and smiled, “Your right.” And started to eat.

Chanyeol picked up his own fork and resumed eating. *Don’t worry Baekhyun…I won’t let her ruin you.*

 

“Thanks.” You said as you opened your car door. Kris suddenly grabbed your arm bringing you back into your seat, “What?” You said.

Kris sighed and “Why are you so mad?” You just blankly starred at him. He sighed again and said, “A man is supposed to pay for the woman. Common crustily.”

You raised your eyebrows and replied, “I can pay for my own food.” And got up to leave the car but got pulled back by Kris again.

“Okay. Okay.” Kris said raising his hands in the air, “You could pay for our next meal. Okay?” He asked.

You looked at him and nodded, “What next meal?” You said and got out the car.

“Bye Kris.” You said as you closed the door and waved playfully.

Kris smiled and waved back before driving away. *You sure are different Sohee…but where have I seen you before?*

You smiled as you saw Kris drive away. *How can two brothers be so different.*

~o~o~o~

Woohoo! Updated two days in a row!

PS: Listen to BoA's Only One while reading this....sets the mood XD

Why so PERFECT Kris?