Meet Kang Jina

Vulnerable

The morning sunlight shone through the gigantic glass windows, coloring the hall in a warm cream color.  Picture frames that hung from the wall were assorted in a rather strange fashion.  Some were tilted, some happened to be upside down.  It had a renaissance feeling to it.  Numerous servants and maids lined up on both sides of the hall.

A tall, eloquent girl made her way down that hall.  She was clad in Laci Clothing's new spring lingerie that consisted of just undergarments and sheer camisole.  Her hair gracefully rocked from side to side as her barefoot feet made squeaking noises against the shiny floor.  Each servant and maid gave her a 90 degree bow as she passed them.  Some of the maids shook their heads at her clothing choices, but loved her anyways.

"Good morning, mama (your highness XD).  I presume that you rested well", Jaehyung, the young servant spoke to the girl.

"Neh", the sleepy brunette yawned as they approached the stained glass doors.  It showed intricate patterns, laced with the symbols of the Eight Kingdoms.

"I just want to let you know that you have a busy schedule today.  We will have a visit to read with the kindergarten students at 1 o clock.  Then, we are to head back to the mansion for preparations for tonight.  Please eat and prepare yourself", Jaehyung swiftly told her and bowed.

She nodded and shooed him away.  Even though she hadn't even done anything on the schedule yet, she was exasperated. With an irritated huff, she unwillingly pushed the large glass doors open to reveal her family. The long carved wooden table filled the room, but only one end was occupied.  Breakfast was spread out along the table and her father, mother, baby brother and younger sister had already begun eating without her.

"Looks like unnie had another long night", Soyu giggled at her sister.  Two year old Taehyuk giggled in his high chair and clanked his spoon against his bowl.  Father raised his head, shifting his eyes from the newspaper in his hand to his daughter.   He instantly frowned.

"Yah, Kang Jina!  I thought I told you never to wear that kind of clothing in public.  Do I have to remind you about the tabloids?"  Jina's mother scolded her daughter, reminding her about the time tabloids took pictures and created a big controversy.

"Ani..." Jina rolled her eyes and slid into the seat next to her dongsaeng, Soyu.

Her mother tsked and began talking with some servants.  The King, Jina's father, lowered his glasses and focused on his two beloved daughters.

"Girls, we all know that tonight is a very crucial point in our lives. It is a night marked with greatness.  I expect you to be on your best behavior.  During this party, there will be special guests visiting from the different planets.  Give a good impression, be gentle, be kind…"

Jina burped

"And be ladylike."

She rolled her eyes yet again and bit into a bagel.

 ============================================

 

“Unnie, aren’t you excited for tonight”, Soyu followed her older sister up the long curving stairs.  Little Taehyuk rested in Jina’s arms, taking a small nap after breakfast. 

Jina made a face and shook her head.  “No, not really.  I don’t know why everyone is making such a fuss.  I mean it’s only a 1000 year anniversary.  Woohoo, a 1000 years old…blah blah blah.”

 

 

===========

1000 years ago, eight young nomads were searching for a place to conquer. Now, these nomads weren’t simply nomads.  They were different, gifted with powers and elemental control.  But, they had not known their powers yet.  They were hungry, tired and frustrated, but continued their journey.  The eldest happened to spot a village, a tiny peaceful village.  But, what they didn’t know was that it had been cursed.  So they walked into this village, believing it was ok.  As they walked throughout it, the village gave off a spooky vibe, deserted and ruined.  Many of the villagers stayed in their houses and peeked at the nomads through the windows.  The eldest looked to the youngest when he saw something…something disturbing. The well-known myth and prophecy stood before them…the Tree of Life.

 It had been said that a small village protected this tree from destruction. This tree gave life to the people, surging power through their bodies.  It was a legendary tree, said to be a gift from the gods. The prophecy said that guardians would save the Tree and their descendants shall rule the planets of this galaxy.

But now, the Tree of life stood lifeless in the middle of the village.  Its leaves were brown, no longer giving of their illuminating glow.  There were clouds surrounding it, black ribbons of air swirling around it.  Whispers started to grow and the young nomads turned around.  An eerie silence came upon the whispers as a cloaked figure descended behind them.

The leader’s instincts told him to turn around and as he did, he was face to face with the cloaked figure.  The rest of the nomads did the same and were extremely frightened.  But, one was not afraid.  The leader pulled out his sword and sliced the figure’s arm off.  The cloaked man screeched in pain, making everyone crouch down, covering their ears at the noise.  A strong battle broke out, 8 against 1.  But, during this battle, something weird happened to these nomads.  Their elemental powers came to life.  Combining all of their powers together, they managed to kill the cloaked figure.  Instantly the clouds disappeared from around the tree.  Slowly, the villagers emerged from their small huts.  Bowing down to the nomads, the villagers made them their rulers.  The leader of the villagers came up from bowing and placed a clay ball into the leader’s hands.  The clay ball surged with energy and separated itself into eight equal pieces.

“This way gathered from the dirt around the tree.  Each piece is a planet.  Take one and live.  Protect the planets and govern truthfully”, the old village leader bowed again to them.

The eight nomads then took their clay piece in their hands.  Slowly, each nomad disappeared into thin air along with their clay piece.  But, when it came to the leader, nothing happened.  The clay ball disappeared.

“Don’t be sad.  This is your home.  You are to rule this planet and make this planet into the leader of the other planets.  I now lay it into your hands.”

From then on, the eight nomads each ruled separate planets.  Every 50 years, a grand party is held on the original planet.   Royalty from each planet come down and celebrate.

 =======================================

 

“I can’t wait to see everyone!  The last time there was a small gathering, we were only little kids.  I heard from Bora(their cousin) that Eunhyuk and Kyuhyun from Planet SJ are smoking hot!  Ahhhhh! I can’t wait”, Soyu jumped around in excitement as her imagination got the best of her. 

Jina just shook her head and bowed to the servants passing by.  They entered into Jina’s room which was connected with Soyu’s. 

“I have a reading with the kids from that new elementary school.  Watch Taehyuk while I’m gone”, the elder daughter handed the sleeping baby into her younger sister’s arms.  Soyu left for her room and left Jina to sulk.

I don’t want to do anything today, Jina thought.  She jumped into her bed and snuggled into the sheets.  Closing her eyes, she wished she was still sleeping.  But, she knew that she could no longer rest.  Opening her eyes, reality came to her that it was 12:30.  Her eyes widened as she jumped out of her bed and ran into the bathroom. 

 

 

 

========================

First chapter is out!  There might be some confusion, so let me know!  Please subscribe and comment, it would mean a lot to me!

Thank you <3

 

P.S.  Currently requesting for a poster!  it was my first time requesting so i was a bit lost!  but hopefully everything works out!