HYOYEON & SUNGMIN

HYOYEON SHORT STORIES

 


alright everybody, its HYOMIN TIME!

Hyoyeon pov

“Hyoyeon! You look so beautiful!” My best friend of 9 years, Sunny came into my room and hug me without delay once she laid her eyes on me. It was kind of hard to hug her properly because firstly, she was 6 months pregnant with her husband of 1 year, Junsu and secondly, I was wearing my wedding gown which was skin tight and it made my body a little bit stiff. Plus, the corset totally made it worse.

“I am so sorry I didn’t get to shop for wedding gowns, accessories and plan about this wedding with you.  What a horrible best friend I am. Junsu junior was throwing a lot of tantrums and have given me some powerful kicks which sometimes cause severe stomach pains and I- ” sunny got cut of by me.

“ It’s ok fatty! I’m not mad. Taeyeon is back in Korea and she accompanied me to plan this wedding. My mom is also here and so is YoonYul sisters. ”

“ What did you call me? FATTY! Oh what did you say? Your sister is back! Yeeep! I have got to meet her.”  Sunny was about to leave the room when she stopped and turn back at me. “ Hyo, are you sure you are going to be happy with Wooyoung? Once you are married, there would be no turning back. There is still 10 minutes to change your mind.” I froze at her question. She was still waiting for me to answer.

I looked down and laid my eyes on the small bouquet of white roses in my hands. I sat  down on my bed which was covered with red rose petals and let out a long sigh. After a few seconds, I plastered a fake smile on my lips which I am sure would never convince Sunny. “ sure. Why wont I be happy.”

“Hyo darling. It’s Sungmin isn’t it?” she whispered to me.

“ What? What has S-Sungmin got to do with this conversation? He’s just a friend. W-w-what are you saying?” I was shocked. How did she know?

Sungmin is Sunny’s boyfriend and my bestfriend in highschool. Well, I have known Sungmin before I even start walking actually. Our mothers are like sisters. We went to the same school  and that was when the both of us met Sunny. After knowing Sunny for 3 months, Sungmin confessed that he likes her and the both of them got in a relationship. I was happy that my bestfriends were together but at the same time I felt empty. Sungmin wasn’t spending time with me anymore and I cant blame Sunny. She was his girlfriend and obviously, he had to take care of her more than me. Of course I felt jealous and even sad. But that was when I realized, I love him too.

However, one day Sunny called me and told me the both of them broke up. I almost thought it was a joke but then I heard her cry and there was no way that was a prank. I went to Sungmin’s home and confronted him. He only replied me with a simple “ You don’t understand me.” After that incident we didn’t talk or contact. By the time I wanted to apologise and meet him again, my mother told me he left for Australia to continue his studies.

“ I am right, right? ” Sunny caressed my cheeks and I was brought back into reality. I did not realized my eyes were a little watery already.

“ yeah. I do love him. But that was 9 years ago. And anyway he broke up with you because her was going to move to Australia to study. He still loved you. and I don’t even know where he is right now. I think I should move on.” I replied her.

“ Honey, there is something I should confess to you. Before Sungmin left, he dropped by my house and looked for me to pass me a letter. But I wasn’t at home so he passed it to my maid. But my careless maid left it to only god knows where and forgotten all about it until her contract was about to end which was 5 years later. Before she left, she kept on apologizing to me and told me about it. I rummaged my house and searched for it everywhere until I found it inside a table drawer which was locked up in my storeroom. She kept the letter in there and the next day my dad bought a new table drawer and without checking if anything was inside it, he kept it inside the storeroom.” Sunny took out her small handbag, went through it and passed me a piece of paper.

It says:

Sunny,

I am so sorry that I left you just like that. I like you very much. But we were just not meant to be. I am so sorry Sunny, I got confused with my feelings and I confessed to the wrong girl. I am in love with Hyoyeon and  when I am with you, there was not as much spark as there was when I am with Hyoyeon. I am now moving to Australia to clear the mess in my head. Take care of yourself and Hyoyeon too.

love
Sungmin.


" I thought he left me because he needs to go to Australia too but it turns out that he loves you and he feels guilty about it. I wanted to show this letter to you the next day but then you suddenly brought me to meet your new boyfriend, Wooyoung. I am so sorry Hyoyeon. I feel so guilty right now.” Tears escaped from my brown orbs and I was lucky enough to be wearing waterproof makeup. “it’s ok Bunny, hey, can you do me a favour?”

she nodded, “ anything”

“ go tell omma and appa, I am not getting married. And tell Tae unnie she can have Wooyoung Oppa. I know she has a thing for him. And apologise to everybody. I need to go to Australia.”

“ what for?”

“ I need to find sungmin.”

“ there’s no need darling. I think he is here. I thought I saw him talking to your mom but I wasn’t really sure.”

And that was it! I ran out of my room, down to the stairs and searched for him. We were getting married at my house so, it was a little bit cramped and it was hard to find him. Lucky, none of my family members or Wooyoung were around me that time or I would have been in a deep trouble. My guests were shocked to see me and so is my personal stylist.

“Hyoyeon, what are you doing down here? You haven’t even put on your tiara!” she exclaimed and put on a small Swarovski tiara on my head. I ignored her and kept on searching for him pushing people out of my way. I was in a hopeless situation and almost broke down until, “Hyoyeon, what are you doing down here?”

That voice was the voice I missed the most. I looked up to see him looking down into my eyes. Without hesitation, I pulled him in for a hug. He was so handsome. Much better looking than the last time I saw him. My heart felt like it was going to explode and tears once again rolled down my cheeks. I think I looked like a fountain.

“ Sungmin! I miss you, I love you and we should leave this place. I will expain later.” Before he could even reply, I dragged him out of the house through the back door, went into the garage and started my motorcycle engine. Sungmin then got on the motorcycle and we left my wedding together.

there you go!
there was SUNSUN
JUNSUN
WOOTAE
WOOHYO
AND OF COURSE HYOMIN.

comment and subscribe. :)