SEVENTEEN | Tiffany's Old Confession Letter

Together

 

"Oppa, please get the yellow box downstairs. Also please get me some water. I'm really tired, I can't go down."

 

5 month pregnant Tiffany ordered her husband, Seunghyun to carry a box while she was in their bedroom, watching the new SBS drama, Fashion King. It is a box which he isn't familiar too. He went down and took the yellow box as his wife ordered, but then Seunghyun got curious and checked the box. Inside were Tiffany's baby pictures. Under the album was a cute stationary. You can say that a teenager might have written it. He opened and read it.

"Confession letter to SH Oppa"

(A/N: This was written when she first moved to New York)

 

1999

Moving to Korea! At last! Also the first day in our school year, and I was late! Ugh.. June 6, 1999. Sooyoung brought me along with Yoona at their house and I saw Sooyoung's brother. He was kinda familiar with meand that's when I found out he was my classmate too! I don't know why I think I'm crushing on him though. That Choi Seunghyun guy. Even if you were kind of fat back then. You seemed nice when we talk to each other. Kind, corny, bully, dorky. You are handsome and smart too. You are really my crush huhuhu~ When our classmates told us you were crushing on me, I didn't mind them at first. But then I wasn't surprised since you would always find a way to stay close to me. You even told me that my big scissors aren't scissors but are called shears, a special kind of scissor. You sitted right next to me during Math time when we were copying notes because our teacher didn't care at all. Even if I pushed you tons of times and told you to get another seat, you will always tease me and even sit on the chair I'm sitting on. I clearly remember your home phone number, because I'm always talking to Sooyoung back then but you will always answer first and give a prank. You live at Gangnam, I don't remember the name of the village but I know it is Apple Street. I also remeber the moment classmate Taeyang teased me because I was eating alone. He even told you to sit with me. Darn. It is because Yoona and Sooyoung aren't around, they were excused for an event. I also remembered the time you first made me cry because you took my crayons away from me.

 

2000

Summer time! You started sending me picture messages! Hahahaha I remember the cellphones back then weren't colored. We aren't classmates when we were grade 5. Kind of sad, but still okay because our classrooms were just next to each other, but you are still teasing me. In fact, you are always with your "bestfriend"! Your bestfriend... Your bestfriend that was my crush from Nursery until the third grade! His name is Siwon. Right? I also remembered, you were crushing on Yuri that time. I always get jealous, even if you weren't my boyfriend. One time, Yuri and her friends were practicing a dance at my classroom. You were there. Hyoyeon, Taeyeon and Jessica were even there, practicing with her. It was cold but I forgot my coat with me. It was hanging in my chair. I took it inside my classroom and left immediately because you were looking and I was disturbing the dance practice. When I got outside, I glanced inside my classroom and saw you are now sitting in my chair. Aigoo!

 

2001

When we were in the sixth grade, we just often see each other. Good thing, we have the same recess schedule so I could see you more. But I guess it's okay since we always bump to each other outside the comfort rooms! Hahahaha.. Aigoo, the spelling bee! I remeber the spelling bee, it was held in your classroom. Too bad I'm our section's representative. The moment I entered, you told me... "Yah, what are you doing here?" I know you were shocked because I'm one of the contestants. Your voice was so freaking loud and can be heard by the whole class, they cheered "Yieeeeeeeeee" on us. It was really shameful because I didn't win. I managed to pull my embarrasment off by winning the Extemporaneous Speaking Contest! The bulletin board was somewhat near your classroom, and the winner's name were written really huge. It was like a big "FIRST PLACE: Hwang Tiffany." It was a sign someone who would pass the corridor wouldn't notice.

 

Sure enough I won't forget your birthday. November 4. It was recess time and you were looking at me in a weird way. You were constantly looking at me... When I passed by, your friends Siwon and Taeyang gave playful smirks. Weird right? You texted me in the evening. Was it really you? I know it's really you. But what if you aren't really that person who texted me... This is what I am afraid of now. What if the time comes by and you will be able to read my confession letter? What if all the data written here will be wrong because it isn't really you? Well, take it or leave it. Whether it's true or not, I still want you to read this in my confession letter. A confession letter you may really not be able to read and know. You really wouldn't know this...

 

So "you" texted. When I asked you who you were, you playfully replied "Secret!", so I just asked for a clue. There it was. You said it is your birthday today. Okay, so it really is you, SH Oppa. You were sending me sweet messages, and I would reply in a bitter way... You asked me if we could be together. I said... Wait, what did I say? I think I forgot. Eottokeh..... Ah, I think I rejected you. Then you replied.. "It's okay. :)" And even told me Yuri is now your new crush. It really hurts, right? I dumped my crush just because I feel shy.

 

2002

You would always give me cold stares when we were in the seventh grade.. Seems like we are strangers............ You even courted Yuri. It hurts really bad. That feeling when I see you together. And when you see me, you would carelessly hold her hands. It really hurts. Aigoo.. You did everything for her. But you two aren't even together.

 

After class, another unknown number texted me. I asked who s/he is and HE replied, "Choi Seunghyun." Oh my gosh. Why would you text me all of a sudden. So okay, we already are friends once again. We are always texting each other. Oh, not always. Just asking how each of us had been. I then asked you how your love life was. You told me: "I wish Yuri would accept me as her boyfriend." The moment I finished reading your text, tears were falling from my eyes.

 

You greeted me via text when it was my birthday. We texted just for a while because you have a test tomorrow and you have to review. It's okay. After all you still greeted me. You texted me after a week. And this time,she dumped you. FOR REAL. We were always texting each other again. You then posted a status on your social networking site. You said you would now move on. You didn't text, so you could reflect. I also left Korea that time. That's when I met Hyukjae. Lee Hyukjae.

 

At first, I thought he was gonna replace you in my heart. He was kind, caring and he loves to tell me stories. He tells too much stories to the point that the stories would sound unbelievable. We would always talk on the phone. He was really kind. He even introduced me to his parents. Everything went well, as in really okay. I told him about you, SH Oppa. He was jealous. But then, I dumped him. Because I realized I still love you. 

 


Tiffany liked Seunghyun all along, even when they were kids. :P