II

My Lovely Captain

 

 

The next day Myungsoo headed to his and his friends man cave which was built just a few kilometres away from their mansion. He stepped down from the car and was greeted by the big ‘INFINITE’ sign placed on top of what seems like an old looking chamber, Myungsoo walked in and down towards the end of the stairways. He opened the doors and closed it before his bodyguards could enter, once he was inside there came the flying questions to and fro across the room, he was stunned by his friends that are either panicking or was throwing tantrums around the corners. Myungsoo sighs as he understands what they were going through, what are friends for if you can’t feel one another’s pain?

“HYUNG!!” Sungjong cried as he sobs like a little boy flailing his arms out and about in the couch.

“I can’t serve in the military yet! I’m only 20! This is insane! I’m supposed to be enjoying my freedom and go clubbing with hot girls not spend 2 years in a danger filled environment! This is unacceptable! Gosh look at my skin! Even my face can’t believe this night mare and its producing pimples. This is a no-no!” Sungjong crossed his arms and stuffed his face down and cursed.

“My dad said it was for our safety, it won’t be that bad right?” Sunggyu who was the most calm reasoned out with everyone. Well what do you expect? He was a daddy’s boy; he always believed and listened to what his father said meaning if his father said he was a girl then he probably would literally question his own gender.

Everyone else scoffed at their hyung and rolled their eyes.

“Hyung even my wants to disagree with you” Dongwoo laughed at his own remark but awkwardly stopped since no one even bothered to listen.

“I don’t really care anymore, I don’t have much of a choice since my omma and appa agreed with it already, I guess I’ll be meeting them in heaven, life is so short” Hoya sadly said closing his eyes and leaning against the wall.

“You guys are so negative! I was told that we’re going to those military campsite for the elites meaning we’re not going to go through the torture all those normal people been in. My appa’s assistant even let me in a secret! He said we’re going to be trained under this hot chick! I can’t wait to get in bed with her, I’m sure she’s already heard 7 hot and rich boys are coming to their base, no doubt she’s already squealing in delight, well I am every woman’s hope and dreams.” Woohyun smirked upon his own imaginary scenarios while looking up at the ceiling.

Myungsoo on the other hand was just spacing out, in his own la-la-land still thinking about all the possibilities that he could get shot and not able to see another day.

“Honestly, as much as I oppose to our parent’s decision, I’m just glad that we’re all going together. Hah If I’m going to go through hell in able to be safe then why not right? Although I am afraid of what will happen out here once we go and I don’t want to leave my family and my girlfriend” Everyone turned to look at Sungyeol who was on the floor resting his head on his arms with his eyes close. A tear slid down to his cheeks, the boys knew how much he cared for his family and even more towards his girlfriend, Hyemi, she was everything for him, they were inseparable, it was like yin and yang, they will never be complete if one was missing.

They all slowly nodded their heads, it was the quietest moment they’ve been in, it was like the world was ending for them. No more of the good stuff their parents have provided for them since birth, they were finally heading for the real world, the real war. No more thick walls protecting them from the unfair and harsh reality.

 

Meanwhile...

It was the middle of the night when you immediately open your eyes at the slight movement you heard outside your door, you shot up from your bed and grabbed your loaded revolver that was lying underneath your pillow. Quietly you tip toed to the side of your door, leaning your ears at the surface and a hand around the knob ready to twist open.

A squeaking sound made your eyes flick and instinctively your hands tightened its grip around the gun, fingers hovering lightly above the trigger ready to pull. Your door knob twisted slowly from the other side, you let go of it slightly waiting for the unlucky stranger to enter the demon’s lair. Once the door opened you quickly had your revolver pointed to the person’s temple who soon erupted with a blood curling scream. This had you awaken from your senses.

“UNNIE OMG DONT KILL ME!! PLEASE SPARE MY LIFE!! I DIDN’T MEAN TO GO OUT THIS LATE AT NIGHT!!” your younger sister screamed in fear, you straight away pulled your revolver and heaved a sigh. While your colleagues made their way out of their rooms holding guns to check what the sudden intrusion was.

“What the hell are you doing out here in the middle of the night huh? Why are you sneaking into my room again?” You questioned her, raising an eyebrow. She gave you a terrified and sorry smile which made you raise your eyebrows even more if it was possible.

“ah...heh c-ca-cause umm...well I was just you know outside breathing in some fresh air?” Ailee looked away from your glaring eyes while she made circles with her left feet, you knew how troublesome your sister was, she was always sneaking out and about with her friends to go clubbing as soon as she became of legal age. The only reason she would come to your room was because right now your appa is quietly seating down in the living room waiting for his daughter to get back home and ready to give her a night full of lecture. There was nothing else as scary as the General’s lectures. You knew that yourself.

“Fine, this is the last time I’m going to tolerate your behaviour Ailee, you know I’m not a fan of hearing appa rage at me.” You let her in as she skipped towards your bed and lay down.

You looked outside and saw everyone else at their doors waiting for you to tell them what the problem was, you coughed awkwardly and made your command for them to go back to sleep.

After getting back to bed, you and your sister looked at each other and giggled, there were always times like this that you cherished most. Ailee scooted closer to you and gave you a tight hug as she quietly spoke “unnie sorry and thank you for letting me in, I promise I won’t do it again...maybe but not for a while” she giggled while you just looked at her in amusement.

“aigoo my Ailee has really grown up, I just don’t want to see you wasting your time outside, you don’t know how dangerous it is at night” you murmured as your fingers brushed against her soft hair.

“I know unnie, but I also know you’ll be there to protect me, right?” you nodded in agreement; you’d do anything for you baby sister, even if it meant risking your own life.

*PRFFFFFF* you held your nose tightly and moved away from your sister as she hid herself under the covers.

You couldn’t hold it in anymore and burst out of laughter “BWAHAHAHAHAHA OMG DID YOU JUST FART AILEE?” you said while trying to fan yourself for oxygen. Ailee squirmed in annoyance underneath and pulled out and huffed at your reaction. “YAH UNNIE! As if you don’t fart, everyone has gas you know?!”

 “Yeah but at least I know when to release it! Gosh don’t you have manners? so much for being known as the cute lady like daughter of the General” you scoffed at your sister who turned red from embarrassment.

After a laughing fit, you and Ailee finally fell on a deep slumber just waiting to meet the morning sunrise as you welcome a new day.