IX

My Lovely Captain

 

We finally arrived at what the General mentioned earlier, standing in front of the so called ‘best rooms’ they had to offer and I could not believe what was in front of my eyes. I was dumbstruck.

“This place...” Woohyun trailed off, seems like he too couldn’t find the right words to say.

“Wow” Sunggyu with wide eyes blurted out and covered his mouth.

“Is this real? Someone slap me right now and tell me”  

“Yeollie I think even my hands are not capable of functioning at the moment” Dongwoo was frozen and pale. I understand well.

Then out of the blue Sungjong had finally snapped back to reality and roared in disbelief.

 

“JESUS CHRIST! YOU CALL THIS A ROOM? CAN I EVEN CONSIDER THIS A ROOM? I CAN’T EVEN BREATHE! OMG AIR WHERE ARE YOU? I’M GOING TO DIE!” I couldn’t help but chuckle at Sungjong who was pulling every strand of his hair walking back and forth complaining nonstop.  

“Yah Myungsoo are you enjoying this huh? You find this place fascinating to live in? It’s not even half the size of my bathroom and I have to share it with 6 other more people!”

“Geez hyung I only find that diva fascinating” I pointed at Sungjong for Dongwoo hyung to clearly see. “Plus as if I’d be able to stand this place, I own a bigger bathroom than yours and its already suffocating me let alone seeing this cramped place” 

“Captain Han can I please get a change of room? That only I can sleep in? Look at the bed! I won’t be able to roll around in it and what if I fall on the ground? My precious bones might break” Sungjong was sulking again stomping his foot on the ground, I wonder how old this kid really is.

“Is anyone else complaining about this room? Raise your hands if you are” I raised my hands up without delay and all the other boys followed suit. I looked at the captain and saw her displaying a smirk which made me gulp. I think she’s onto something.

“Okay since all of you are difficult to please then I’ll just get some sleeping bag and let you all rest outside on the grass. It’s very much spacious out there isn’t it?” she eyed each of us then her gaze turned to the direction of the opened door showing the now darkened sky.

“You can sleep out there on the cold night and don’t worry you won’t be alone, I’m sure some of our little friends can accompany you in your sleep” what does she mean by that? I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion and looked at the hyungs who were just as confused as me.

“What little friends? You mean there are kids here or something?”

“Kim Sunggyu-shi, this is a danger zone so no kids allowed and by all means little friends, as in creepy crawlies that everyone loves. Spiders, ants, crickets, other types of bugs and maybe some snakes” I froze. This was not my cup of coffee so I’m definitely staying in the bed, that’s for sure.

“You know what this place is actually absolutely gorgeous and amazing. The bed is really soft and comfortable. Thank you for preparing us one of the best rooms captain, boys isn’t this room just lovely?” with a forced smile Hoya climbed on the bed and laid there pretending to be comfortable while glaring and mouthing at us to say something.

“Y-yeah the b-bed is WOW!” I mentally face palmed myself at Woohyun’s reaction.

“This bedroom is exquisite! I would definitely rather stay here than... t-there” Sungjong awkwardly laughed while pointing outside.

It’s remarkable how big and manly we look yet we don’t dare go near any crawling little aliens uh insects, bugs or whatever they are. Hey it is not cool sleeping on the floor when there are disgusting things trying to crawl over your skin.

“Yeah thought so and I don’t want to hear any other complains. You may rest because you all have an early day tomorrow, we have to sort out what you need and I’ll explain more in details what you’ll be doing here” I was staring at her yet again. She had this evil look but inside I could tell she wasn’t that bad and I wanted to know more of that person.

“YES SIR w-wait I mean YES MA’AM!” I gave Sungyeol a what-the-heck look while he had his index and middle finger together by the side of his forehead saluting our captain.

She just scoffed and left us, slamming the door on her way out which caused us to jump back.

Sungjong walked over to the end of the room choosing his bed wearing disposable gloves. “Hyung that noona is really scary” he shivered while grabbing on the bed sheets and yanking it off throwing it to the sides.

“Yah Sungjong what are you doing?” Woohyun asked laying himself down on the bed and resting his head over his arms.

“Ohh I want to put my own covers, I don’t want to be sleeping on something that’s not mine and you don’t know how many other men slept in here. It might have germs”

We all threw a pillow at him. “You still have the time to think about that?” Sunggyu shook his head and took the spot next to Woohyun who was on the other end.

“Urgh I’m just so tired, I don’t even have the strength to change clothes. I can’t believe a girl just made us do so much push ups” Hoya was right. It was unbelievable.

I turned my head around when Woohyun spoke. “She’s feisty and I likey. See her body guys? She mighty fine” I scoffed but I couldn’t argue with that, she really was fine.

“Why don’t we just all get some sleep? It’s almost midnight” I looked up on the clock hanging from the wall and Sunggyu was right.

 

It’s been 2 hours since we decided to go to bed and I am still wide awake while everyone else is snoring away. I don’t know why but she keeps popping in my mind, that witch of a captain. She’s really different, far from my type of girls but something about her just lures me in and it made me fond of her. She’s like this illegal drug that I’m not allowed to have yet I’d risk being in trouble just to have a taste of it.

I shook my head and closed my eyes tight trying to count sheep’s to lull me. Next thing I knew I was already in paradise. 

 

 

Narrator's POV

It was early in the morning still no sun at the sky and you were already up and prepared holding a saucepan and a wooden ladle to wake you’re lovely boys up. With a sly grin you walked through the room standing a few good steps away from the sleeping princes before shouting and banging hard on the metal surface.

“RISE AND SHINE BOYS!” *BANG BANG BANG BANG* with a nonstop rapid banging you got the 6 boys rolling around on their beds trying to cover their ears while Sungjong on the other hand had landed face down on to the floor from moving back too much.

“Get up and out the door by 5 minutes with your uniforms, I’ll show you the way to the shower area so you can clean up. MOVE NOW!” you roared once more before heading out the door and quietly tapping your foot by the porch. JB was supposed to be here to take them to the shower facility but he was already out when you came to check on him.

Groans from worn-out and sleepy men were the only thing that could be heard inside. No one got out of bed within 5 minutes, so you decided to check on them and saw that they we’re all still snuggled under the covers. You heaved a sigh and banged the saucepan even louder than before.

“Yah shut up and let me sleep! Do you want to get fired?” *BAM* a pillow lands right on your face after Myungsoo had told you off from ruining his sleep. Your face burned red from hearing his words so you walked over to the end of his bed and grabbed the blankets off of him. This made Myungsoo sit right up about to yell another word or two but suddenly swallowed all that courage down his throat as he saw your steaming face.

You scoffed at Myungsoo who was now sweating from fear. “I’m sorry was I too loud that I ruined your wonderful sleep?” you glared daggers at him while he awkwardly coughed.

“N-no I was saying t-that we should get up now” Myungsoo quickly shot up from the bed and started shaking awake the other boys who doesn’t seemed too pleased at the fact that it was only 5 am in the morning.

 

After a good 10 minutes the boys had finally gotten up and were lazily making their way to the shower rooms with their uniforms in hand. While walking you met JB who had just finished refreshing up and was shivering from the cold water that froze his skin. You smirked at him as you nudged your head to the side trying to point out the boys behind you. He chuckled at your gesture knowing that you were going to surprise them once again and headed closer near you.

He positioned his mouth just an inch away from your ears and whispered lightly to keep them from hearing. “It’s only their second day. Give them a break will you?”

You shook your head and leaned closer to him whispering back. “My dear friend I’m only taking them here for a nice WARM shower. Isn’t it good to start your day feeling oh so fresh?” you moved back and gave a quick wink.

“Go straight ahead and wash inside but I want each of you out by 10 minutes. Clear?” you questioned as they all quietly muttered a yes. You were sure you saw Woohyun and Dongwoo roll their eyes at you but ignored it since you weren’t in the mood for anything that may hold you back from all the activities you had set out for the day.  

 

As the boys entered, a gush of cold steam welcomed their shuddering bodies and had them cuddling for their own body warmth. They made their way to the damp benches and settled their uniforms down while stripping off fully , no one else seemed to be bothered by the thought of seeing each other unclothed.

Together the seven clueless boys made their way to the slippery tiled floors and one by one stood in front of the shower heads.

“Why is there only one shower knob? Where’s the one for the hot water?” curiously Sungyeol looked around questioning the others, they nonchalantly shrugged their shoulders back at him.

“I think it’s automatic. The water comes out warm or something...” Hoya sleepily muttered reaching out to turn the shower on with the others following suit.

 

Soon all types of screams and cries made their way out of the door where you stood gripping your stomach from too much laughing. Beside you was a clearly amused JB shaking his head at your silly behaviour not until the group of nurses made their way pass the duo eyeing the so called captain.

“What’s the joke?” Jihyo cocked an eyebrow at JB who elbowed you to get your attention. You slapped his arm back in annoyance and turned your head facing your unnie who was still intrigued by your outburst. You let out a giggle and pointed to the open doors where the still shrieking males showered inside.

“And hearing them scream is funny? You have the weirdest sense of humour Jane” Taeyeon crossed her arms while chuckling.

“Shut up Tae” you shot back while glaring daggers with a pout at her.

Jason took a step forward and placed an arm over your shoulders while a hand shot up in front of your face and quickly you high fived him showing a big grin.

“Hey let’s all get along now, it’s a nice wakeup call after all” Yeojin who was on the other side of Taeyeon gave you a thumbs up as a sign of approval.

“Okay you guys, were going to be late. Stop the chit chat already because we need to get new supplies of first aid kits since Jane here might do something unpleasant again” you instantly shot a dirty look at Jihyo who pulled out a tongue at you.

“Sometimes I wonder how loyal my friends really are...” you wondered aloud which made the group roll their eyes and quietly laugh.

“Come on and let’s leave captain here” and with a wave the group left heading out town to get their monthly provisions.

 

You leaned your back on the rough surfaced wall with closed eyes impatiently tapping your right foot on the pavement. JB on the other hand took his leave to attend his own schedules while you heaved a few sighs still waiting for the boys to come out. They really took their time in there, seeing as how they managed to keep you waiting for about half an hour now and you couldn’t possibly have stormed inside to get them to move faster since you wouldn’t want to accidentally see their glorious juniors flailing out. It would have been downright awkward.

Unexpectedly Myungsoo had just stepped out of the freezing room looking oh so furious about the fact that he just had a shower under the ice like water and that his hyungs and Sungjong where being insane that they unintentionally made him lose balance and rather caused a bruise on his precious . But all the seething emotion seem to have disappeared as his thought caught on your calmed and peaceful figure, he was trapped within your illuminating face and without hesitating his fingers reached out to touch them.

Your eyes involuntary fluttered opened and were welcomed by the close contact between you and the boy that had kept you from a good sleep last night. In other instance you would have already snapped and yelled at any person coming close for skinship but at this moment you actually wanted to feel his touch.

It was like time stopped and all your senses vanished as you kept your pose still, unmoving and breathing all calmly. His fingers almost touching your skin, barely there, though it felt like such a distance between the both of you as suddenly 6 other men came to interrupt the little scene which left you and Myungsoo to awkwardly cough and move further away.

 

“NOONA!!” Sungjong came rushing, breathing right in your face as he pointed his index finger at you.

“Why didn’t you tell us we’d practically be drowning in Antarctica’s water? Huh?” you moved back trying to get some space while you glared at the young boy who rudely called you ‘noona’ and had pointed his stick like finger right up your face which made your eyes to inwardly shift.

“BACK OFF” with a stern voice and a hardened face you yelled at Sungjong who seemed to have come back to reality causing him to shuffle behind his hyungs who kept their lips shut tight not wanting for any stupid words to roll off their tongues which could cause them another punishment.

“Don’t call me noona because I’m your captain, you are in no position to address me like that so freely. And please refrain yourself from stepping anywhere near my personal space or I’ll have you running for miles out in the bush” you firmly stated eyeing not only Sungjong but everyone else, everyone else except Myungsoo... You made eye contact with the 6 of them but something stopped you from looking at the very last person standing by Hoya’s side. There was this sensation inside you that wished for him to get close to you again to caress your face and every other area that wanted to feel him. Myungsoo on the other hand felt the same way, he was lingering for you.