XII

My Lovely Captain

 

“GO KEEP MOVING! ATTACK ME!” she yelled as she called me over using her hands.

I hesitated for a second but snapped as she once more called on me. “COME ON!”

I was huffing from exhaustion. This is impossible if I’m purposely acting like I can’t keep up with her moves. She’s actually fast like a lightning that flashes right past my eyes in a matter of seconds and then boom she’s vanished and already gotten me in a head lock from behind. Only if I don’t have to hold myself back then maybe I’d have the chance to attack her, but what if I accidentally hurt her? Not such a good idea.

My back arched as she pulled me much closer to her with my head slightly resting over her shoulders.

She whispered in my ear that sent shivers all over. “You’re going to die this instant if you’re moving like a turtle. You should really work on your reflex.”

I turned my head and chuckled then moved away to face her again. Okay this is enough; my pride is at stake here. Time to bust some moves Myungsoo. Got to show her what you got boy.

“Come on Kim, this is just basic karate. If you can’t keep up then you’ll be the easiest target out there”

“I guess I shouldn’t hold back anymore right?” I wriggled my brows at her and puffed a few breath.

“What are you talking abo-“ And while she just stood there confused and puzzled I swiftly flipped her down below me. I smirked at my achievement. Oh the perfect timing that was.

“Y-yah h-how did you- what the h-hell was that?” For a second I forgot about what position we were in, why wouldn’t I if I was facing such a goddess? They way she stuttered were so cute and her reddened cheeks just made my heart skip a beat.

“KIM MYUNGSOO!!!!!” I instantly came back to reality. This woman really has some loud voice.

She glared at me and my brows furrowed. “Tsk GET.OFF.NOW” even before I could budge I was already pushed to the side.

“S-sorry Captain” I sheepishly smiled and scratched the back of my neck.

“So you’re telling me all this time that you were acting like you don’t know anything about karate? Is that it?” Jane stood up from her spot and looked back at me.

I smirked and shrugged. “Two words, black belt”

“Then I guess I have some competition then. Let’s see what you got” She held a hand out for me which I gladly took and stood up. We were standing face to face being alert to one another’s first move. Not one of us would give in and since I was getting impatient, I decided to try and trip her, bad choice.

 

Seconds later I found myself pinned down, my cheek pressed down the ground with my arms being locked and secured behind me by Jane’s knee.

“Maybe you should reconsider whether you really are a black belter huh?” I could sense that she was smirking and enjoying this. I rolled my eyes and started to squirm away but I just made it worst since she decided to sit on my back. I groaned from her heavy squashing my arms but hey, it feels soft and supple...and yeah never mind.

“HAHAHA HYUNGS LOOK!” I saw Sungjong point his finger in my direction and everyone turned to check out what had gotten his attention. Great, now I’ll be the laughing stock.

Woohyun chuckled and winked at me. “Must be nice out there Myungsoo” well what can you say? We definitely aren’t friends for nothing. I bet he’s going to bombard me with questions about how her feels right now later on tonight.

My eyes suddenly landed on JB, he was there smiling towards Jane then he suddenly winked. What is he doing? I turned my head more to see Jane who was also smiling, she saluted him in return. Are they seriously flirting? Tsk such a shame. This JB really knows when to piss me off.

 

They were literally laughing at me for the past 10 minutes and it wasn’t the slightest bit amusing. I could barely feel my arms anymore, they were so numb and it felt like ants were crawling in them.

I groaned and squiggled trying to adjust and surprisingly Jane finally got up. I turn over to my back and massaged and stretched my arms and hands, oh my god, they never felt so free.

“Get up, we have another round. This time it’s taekwondo”

I sat up with deflated shoulders in exhaustion and my stomach too wasn’t very happy about not being fed.

“Can we have lunch before that? I’m starving! I could totally eat anything right now”

“Since your ‘oh too hungry’ be my guest and eat the grasses. Anything right? Don’t worry it’s very healthy”

My mouth was hanging open, did she just say eat the grass? What? No way, that’s some dirty out there. Do I look like a COW to you?

“Uh yeah I think I’m not that hungry anymore...”  

“Sure? It’s your choice” She eyed me and I gulped then nodded.

 

The whole day passed by like hell. We weren’t even given any break from Jane, she kept us till late at night doing training and some punishment for the mistakes some of us made. I was in no doubt physically battered, every part of my body just ached.

As much as I hated the way she had us running around everywhere or attacking one another, I couldn’t help but be glad that Jane and I were getting a tad bit closer as of today. It might not be to the point where she’s being friendly or letting me off easy, I’m still happy that she’s not giving me her cold glares and that she’s actually responding a bit better to me. This could be the start of something good for the both of us.

 

The next few weeks have been quite hectic, we’ve almost been here for a month and not once have I gotten enough rest from all the activities she had set for us. My mind wasn’t much of a help since all I could think about was Jane and that JB, the two seems to always be together and they occupied my time when I needed to sleep. The other guys were even more of a bother, I guess they could tell how stressed I was getting so they decided to annoy me more.

Today didn’t make any difference from all the other days that’s passed, we had the morning exercise which was inevitable to avoid, then it was the survival workshop all of us dreaded to attend and the late night clean up. But now it was my favourite time of the night where I’d sneak out of the room to watch her.

I tiptoed my way out of the door, trying to be quiet as to not wake my hyungs and Sungjong. I pulled my hoodie over my head and walked the sidelines of the wall mixing myself in under the dark then turned around the corner only to spot this goddess sparring with the wind. There she was punching the air as if it was her ultimate enemy, if the wind could feel then surely it would really be in so much pain right now.

 I chuckled at how cute she appeared, the way her lips pouted when she felt like her hit wasn’t that good enough, how her brows crease in annoyance and when she wrinkles her nose. I was so mesmerised all throughout that I hadn’t noticed that she had stopped her little game to look around her surroundings and I was so dumb not to know that she’s already seen me even before I could hide.

I pursed my lips and closed my eyes tight as if that would make me disappear from where I stood. All this thoughts ran in my brain. What if she scolds me? What if she punishes me? Aish this is not good.

My breath hitched the moment I felt her presence stand near me and as much as I wanted to keep my eyes locked I just couldn’t. Bit by bit I opened one of my eyes right on time to only face with Jane who was so calm.

“What are you doing here?” she asked narrowing her orbs at me. I jerked my head slightly and opened both of my eyes. Why wasn’t she yelling at me for being out at night? And plus with no permission?

“I couldn’t sleep so I thought I should take a stroll” I think that came out more of like a question than an answer but good thing she hasn’t noted my uncertainty. I bit my bottom lip as my eyes wondered around trying my hardest to avoid her gaze.

“So...do you want to join me?” I quickly turned my attention towards her while she just stood there tilting her head waiting for my reply.

“J-join for w-what?” I bit my lip while mentally scolding myself. Well nice going, stuttering freak. What the hell Myungsoo?

“Well if you couldn’t tell I was boxing and it’s obvious enough that I kind of need a partner right?”

“Oh” I awkwardly chuckled while scratching the back of my neck. Then I quietly muttered a yes to her which she smiled in return.

 I walked a few good distances behind her while pumping my fist in joy and doing a little victory dance but immediately stopped when she turned to face me.

“You know how to strike a good punch right? I won’t give you a hard time tomorrow if you beat me” Jane smirked at me while she threw a spare set of gloves she had in her bag. I snorted and rolled my eyes.

“Deal then. If I win, you have to tell me more about yourself” I winked at her and flashed a smile while she glared and started to circle around me.

“Already getting cocky huh? So, why the need to know more about me?” she asked as she threw in a right hook which I swiftly dodged. I shrugged and tried to jab her but failed.

“I don’t know, I just want to know something else other than your name, Captain Han Jane” I wriggled my eyebrows, she glanced back questioningly. I knew she was curious to how I found out her first name and so I gathered my speed at the moment and gave a shot. I smiled in victory as I successfully hit her and tried for another attempt. This time she blocked it and returned a forceful punch in which I stumbled back a bit.

“Not so strong are we?” she mocked me while I steadied myself and let out a chuckle. Oh this is so on. 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N

Sorry guys! haven't updated for awhile because of school work. I had an oral presentation to write up and I'm going to be presenting it to class by Tuesday and I'm so nervous :3

Next update will be by next week for sure, I'm already starting the chapter after this. Teen Top is also coming out so hope that you guys are up for that! ^^

& one more thing, I don't know if it's too much to ask but guys please do comment because not only will it motivate and encourage me to write but I'll also know that I have readers who actually read. I mean I don't even know if anyone is reading this story since I dont get feedback.

Well I hope you silent readers won't be as silent this time. <3