11

I Wonder If You Hurt Like Me

Kindly excuse the grammar and spelling mistakes of mine


After Yuri packed all her luggage which she was bringing to Christchurch, she went out of the house and had a walk alone around the area. All the past memories about Donghae and her popped out in her mind while she was walking on the busy street. She couldn’t help but laughed at those moments where she and Donghae had been together. But her tears were actually dripping down on her cheeks while she was laughing which she didn’t know why. She felt happy when the sweet moments of Donghae and her popped into her mind. She walked past the artificially created lake and sat down on a bench by the lake.

Would everything here in Korea changed after I left? Would Donghae oppa still go on date with Sica? Would he forget about me? Would he ever ask when have I been after I left? Would he put down everything he had here and went over to New Zealand just to look for me and say I Love You to me? Yuri was thinking about all the possibilities that would happen after she left. She knew all of the thoughts of her would be useless and hopeless, but she still hoped that Donghae would finally realize that Yuri was actually gone. Her mind was battling about whether she should tell Donghae about her departure or not. But ‘no’ was her final answer as she looked at the sky. I hope my decision wasn’t wrong. Yuri thought as she took a deep breathe.


Donghae went to SAC after his Strong Heart recording. He was searching for Yuri around the campus but Yuri was nowhere to be found. He went to the office and asked about her attendance. She was absent today. Was what the receptionist told Donghae. Donghae exited the office disappointedly since he has no chance to see Yuri today. He tried to go to her house but then he realized that he actually didn’t know where her house was. I’m so stupid. He thought as he hit the car starring, frustrated.

Why would I think about her? I already have Sica and she’s good to me. Yuri is a useless to me and she couldn’t help me to archive my dream. What for I go for that useless girl? Donghae thought of all this thoughts just to comfort himself for dumping Yuri for Sica. Donghae tried to call Siwon to ask about Yuri’s house address, but he didn’t want Siwon to know that he was looking for her. Donghae received a text message from Sica while he was driving and the message said: “Come back to the company right now.” Donghae frowned since he thought something bad happened so he gave up on searching for Yuri and went to SM Entertainment.

“What’s going on?” Donghae asked while panting.

“Oppa, you forgot? Today is the monthly conference. Some of the members of the groups should presence.” Sica said as she held Donghae’s arm.

Donghae smiled bitterly, “Oh! I forgot.”

“Let’s go in then. We’re a little bit late.” Donghae said in between Siwon and Sica. The monthly conference was about how much SM had earned for last month and what were their aims for this month. Everything must be planned before they take any actions. Lee Soo Man will ask about the other’s opinions and what they think about the plan for this month. Donghae’s soul was not in neither his body nor the conference room. His soul was out of his body and flew to stay beside Yuri. He could feel that Yuri was actually leaning on his arm. He didn’t pay any attention to Lee Soo Man, who was talking non-stop in front of everybody who was present.


Yuri stood up and got ready to leave for her house. She already calmed down and was ready to leave this sad place. Christchurch would be the best place for me right now. Yuri smiled bitterly as she stretched her body. She fastened her pace as the sky was dark and it seemed like it was going to rain. Well, the weather here in Seoul is saying goodbye to me. Yuri comforted herself by thinking that way.

She opened the door and went inside to her house. “Oppa, it’s time to go.”

“Well, one second please. I need to go to the toilet.” Jiyong said. Yuri laughed at him. Goodbye, my house. Yuri walked around her house and thought about the past. She lived since she was 10, right after leaving Christchurch. She had a lot of sweet memories of her brother and her. She was unwilling to leave this house but she has to do so in order to heal the wound which was in her heart. Nobody could help her but only herself could help. She admitted that her heart was 50-50 right now, whether she should go or not. But she still decided to go. She didn’t want to see Sica’s face anymore and she didn’t want to destroy the relationship between Sica and Donghae. She somehow felt Donghae was way more suitable to be with Sica more than her.

Yuri and Jiyong called a taxi to drive them to Incheon Airport. Their flight would be departure at 13:45 and the wrist watch of Jiyong showed 10:30. Both of them reached Incheon Airport at 11:30. Jiyong decided to tell Siwon everything and hoped he will come here and bring Yuri back. Jiyong was actually worrying about Yuri. He knew there must be something bad happened but he couldn’t find out what was it. He decided to lie to Yuri for the first and the only time.

“Yuri-ah, my phone is running out of battery. Could you please lend me yours? I want to tell some of my best friends that I will be leaving Korea for New Zealand.” Jiyong said. Yuri smiled and nodded.

Once Jiyong took her phone, he quickly searched up in the contact list for Siwon’s name and he found it in just a second. He typed a text message and sent to him. He was waiting for him to reply but there was no sign of Siwon replying. Jiyong gave up and returned the phone to Yuri.

“Who’re you sending text messages to? Your girlfriend?” Yuri teased. Jiyong just smiled bitterly at him.


Siwon was almost fall asleep in the conference room and luckily the vibration of his phone kept him awake. He took out his phone and checked on who was contacting him. It turned out to be none other than Yuri.

From: Kwon Yuri

                Siwon-ah, I’m leaving Korea for New Zealand and the flight will be departure on 13:45. I’m at Incheon Airport right now.

Siwon was totally awake and he didn’t feel like want to sleep anymore since Yuri was leaving. Donghae, who sat beside Siwon, saw everything on the phone screen and he immediately stood up. His action shocked the attendees. Sica looked curiously at him. She pulled his sleeves, tried to ask him to sit on his seat but Donghae protested. He wanted to leave and go to Incheon Airport right at the moment. He didn’t care about Sica and Lee Soo Man; he just stood up and walking towards the exit.

“What’s going on?” Sica asked.

“The new girl is leaving Korea.” Siwon said. Sica knew what he meant since they used to call Yuri as the new girl.

“The new girl is leaving and what happened to you, Lee Donghae!” Lee Soo Man shouted and Sica glared unhappily at him.

“I’m sorry. I really need to go now. If not, I will regret.” Donghae said as he marched towards the exit.

“Lee Donghae, stop your track right now!” Sica shouted with her high-pitch voice. Donghae didn’t bother to answer or look at her. “Uncle, please stop him.” Sica said to Lee Soo Man. LSM is Sica’s uncle and they are related to each other. That was why Donghae forced himself to date Sica since he wanted to archive his dream. But Sica was destroying everything behind his back. He was so tired of this drama already.

“Lee Donghae, if you take one more step, I’m going to ruin your dream.” Lee Soo Man said.

“I don’t care about my dream anymore. I still could survive in the other company.” Donghae said as he ran towards the parking lot to get his car and drive to Incheon Airport.


“Oppa, it’s time to go in right now.” Yuri said as she took her luggage and waiting for Jiyong to get up.

“There’s still time. Why don’t we wait for a little more while?” Jiyong asked.

“Who’re you actually waiting for?” Yuri asked curiously.

“Have you ever heard of curiosity killed the cat? Sit down and wait for the answer.” Jiyong said as he closed his eyes, pretending that he was sleeping. Yuri slapped his arm to wake him up.

“Go now.” Yuri said.

“Okay.” Jiyong answered.

Donghae reached the airport in the nick of time. If he was one more second late, Yuri could have left already. “KWON YURI!” He shouted which made everybody in the airport looked at him. Yuri turned to face him, not believing that was Donghae who was calling out for her. Yuri looked unbelievably at Donghae. Yuri fastened her pace in order to leave Donghae behind her. But Donghae was on time to grab on her arm. He walked to the front of Yuri and hugged her. Yuri pushed him off and Donghae fell on the floor. He quickly stood up and held onto Yuri’s luggage, not wanting to let her go.

“Why are you leaving suddenly? Is it because of me?” Donghae asked.

Tears were forming once again in Yuri’s eyes. She refused to talk to him since she was afraid that once she talked to him, she didn’t want to leave anymore.

“Tell me.” Donghae slightly shook her body to bring her back to the reality.

“I will call the police if you’re not letting me off.” Yuri said cruelly.

“I wouldn’t let you go if you refuse to tell me the truth. You know what; I risked my job and my dream just to look for you here. Lee Soo Man threatened me that he would make me lose everything if I leave. And I really did just to look for you. Why can’t you see everything that I’ve done for you?” Donghae asked.

“That’s none of my business.” Yuri answered cruelly once again. Donghae let her go after hearing her words. She has changed. Why is she so cold-hearted right now? Donghae thought as he looked at the Yuri in front of him. Yuri left him dumbfounded and went into the gate together with Jiyong. She has already decided to leave this sad place and go to New Zealand to start her life all over again. She didn’t want to remember anything when she was in Korea this few months. Too many negative things had happened to her which made her really upset. Donghae was sitting on the floor, crying hard.

Why’re you being like this to me? Donghae thought as he leaned his back against the post in the airport.


Author’s Note:

Well, next chapter will be the final chapter of this story.

Hope you like it.

Thanks for supporting me. I really appreciate it.

Enjoy~