Welcome to Never Land

Better Late than Never

 

Shin Hye’s POV

“Where exactly are we going Yong Hwa-ya?”

I was really eager to know where he will take me. Yong Hwa is just unpredictable, but in a good way. And that’s why I like… his company. You wouldn’t really know what’s running on his mind. All you have to do is just trust him, and he’ll make sure you won’t regret your decision.

“To Never Land.”

He was smiling all the time while driving. He even whistled at times. The path we just passed by looked really familiar to me. I think I already have an idea now where we are going.

“And here we are! Let’s go back to our teenage days, Shin Hye-ya.”

He helped me remove my seatbelt. I couldn’t be wrong. This is one place I will NEVER forget. He’s right. We are in Korea’s version of Never Land. All the people that go here are considered children… at heart.

“Welcome BACK to LOTTE WORLD Shin Hye-ya!!!”

He had his arms wide open. It’s as if he owns the famous amusement park. I felt really excited to visit here once more, after a couple of years. Before I could remember to put a disguise for myself, Yong Hwa already put a cap on my head. He also handed me a pair of sunglasses. He’s really prepared, huh! Kekekeke. He linked my arm to his.

“Gaja!”

While we were strolling, Yong Hwa stopped at one of the benches and sat down. He pouted his lips and had his hands on his chin.

“Don’t you remember anything?” He smiled mischievously

I looked at him with curiosity until I remembered something.

End of POV

 

Flashback.

This is where they first met. The school’s year-end field trip is decided to be in Lotte World. It was her first year in school while her eonni is on her sophomore year. She was happily strolling around the park when she saw a handsome boy that looks the same as her age sitting in a bench alone.

“Excuse me, I see you look really down right now. May I… help you?”

“I’m… I’m lost. I can’t find my sister.”

“Are you also from Ryeowan High School?”

“Ne.”

“Is your yeodongaseng also from Ryeowan High? What’s her name? I might know her.”

“She’s my twin sister, actually. Her name is Jung So Min.”

She couldn’t believe So Min didn’t tell me about her twin brother.

Why has she been so secretive? Might as well have this fellow to answer my questions.

“Oh! She’s one of my closest friends! She didn’t tell me she has a twin brother! You don’t very look much alike.”

“That’s the reason why we don’t tell our schoolmates that we’re twins. It’s hard to explain it to every single person that not all twins are identical. We are the fraternal type actually. We just have the same birthday, that’s all. We don’t really have much in common.”

He seemed snobbish. But she felt that she can’t just leave him. He looked really lonely.

“Oh, arasseoyo. I understand now. She’s just over there buying some cotton candies! Want me to accompany you to her?”

“Aniyo. I just wanna know where she is. Gamsahamnida.”

“It’s nothing. Park Shin Hye-imnida. I’m just a freshman.”

“Ah! Mianhae. I wasn’t able to introduce myself. Jung Yong Hwa-imnida. I’m on my first year too. I’m from class 1-B.”

“Oh I see. I’m from class 1-A… Uhmm… If you don’t wanna go to her, can we just be each other’s company for today?”

His eyes grew wide when heard it. She didn’t even know why those words slipped from her tongue. But she sounded really sincere.

Only a few people approach him in school because most of them knew he prefers to be alone. She’s got no idea that Yong Hwa is an ‘emo’. Before he could refuse, she grabbed his hand and they started strolling around the park. Shin Hye is very familiar with the rides in the Lotte World since her parents always took her and Min Young there.

End of flashback.

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

Could she have already forgotten the day we met?

“Ya! I remember now! You’re the ‘Lost Boy’! Kekekeke. How couldn’t I forget? From then on, we became the best of friends!”

Phew! She still remembered. I smiled at her earnestly.

“Yeah. The first time I met my best friend.”

I suddenly felt a twinge in my heart when I heard the word best friend. It hurts. It’s been ages and we’re still best friends… JUST best friends.

I just let the idea pass from my mind. We’re here to cheer her up, not to cheer up myself! I stood up and she grabbed my hand—just like our first meeting. We stopped to the usual. THE BUNGEE DROP!!! Hell. This is really gonna be a hell of a day for me. We had this tug-of-war. My knees went weak and so she was able to pull me towards the entrance. She is fully aware that I’m not fond of heights.

“Are you serious!? We are going to fall 38 meters above the ground!!!”

“C’mon Yong! Don’t be such a chicken! Be a man!”

Finally, I surrendered to her. Not because I want to prove to her that I am a MAN but because she’s the reason why we are here in the first place. I had my sign of the cross before I stepped in the elevator.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!”

***

“You screamed like a girl Yong! Kekekeke. I told you it was going to be fun!” She patted my back while I was throwing up in the trash can. She handed me a bottle of water.

If it isn’t for her, I will never do this. As soon as I finish composing myself, my attention was caught to this so-called haunted house named Ghost House. I gave her a wide evil grin.

“Don’t tell me we are…”

I was nodding evilly at her.

“Andwae! MALDO ANDWAEEEEE!!!”

“Before she could escape, I already got a tight grip on her wrist and we went straight to this horror house.

“Please don’t do this to me, Yong. Pleeeeeeeeeeeease.” She was desperately begging for me. Too late. We are already inside. There is no turning back now.

“Who’s the chicken now, Shin Hye-ya?! Kekekeke.” I .

I think it really hit her ego that’s why she let go of my grip and she even went ahead of me. I noticed something from above was about to fall on Shin Hye’s head. Before I could call her attention, it already fell.

“Shi… Shin Hye-ya! There’s something on your head!”

It’s as I my words made her petrified. She slowly touched the top of her head to grab what it is.

“Ta… ta… TARANTULAAAAAAAAAA!!!”

She quickly ran to the exit door without looking back. I should have taken a video of her! It could be one of Korea’s MOST Funniest Videos! I couldn’t stop myself from laughing while I calmly walk inside towards the exit door.

“Ya! Will you stop laughing?!”

But I couldn’t help it. He hit my back real hard. It made me stop.

“Shin Hye-ya! How could you be fooled again by the FAKE TARANTULA?!! Kekekeke. It’s just a toy!”

She let out a sigh.

“Just like our freshman days.”

“Yeah, just like before. I wish I could turn back time.” I murmured to myself but Shin Hye seemed to hear it.

“What’d you say Yong?”

“Ah! Nothing! I said we still have lots of time to spend! So, where’s our next ride?”

End of POV

 

***

 

Shin Hye’s POV

“I’m tired Yong. Let’s stop pedaling for a while.”

I let out a sigh. My feet are tired as hell. We are currently taking a ride in this swan-shaped boat in Load Nelson’s Armada. This is one of my favorite rides in Lotte World. The ambience is very relaxing yet you can still fill the fun there. I rested my head on Yong’s shoulders. We didn’t feel awkward everytime we did that. I can clearly smell his manly perfume and I liked it.

“The view is pretty nice here.” Yong Hwa said while my head is still on his shoulders.

“You must be very tired right now. Gomawo, Yong. You just don’t know how much you made me happy right now. I don’t know when I will be able to be like this.” I turned to look at him and smiled.

“Anything for you, Shin Hye-ya. We’re the best of friends, right?

I suddenly felt a pang in my chest. But why am I hurt when I heard the word friends? Could it be that… could it be… Suddenly, I felt his lips on mine. It was gentle at first, then it suddenly became deep. I wanted to stop him… but I can’t. I’M LOVIN’ IT. EVERY MOMENT OF IT. It’s as if the world stopped for the both of us. We finally stopped. There was silence for a couple of minutes until he spoke.

“Mianhae Shin…”

“It’s ok. I’m fine. Maybe we’re just too absorbed by the ambience and all. Let’s just forget what happened earlier.”

But I myself wasn’t really sure if I can forget about this. My mind and heart is getting confused than ever.

End of  POV

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

“Forget it? How could I? It was the moment I dreamt of. Didn’t you feel my passion Shin Hye-ya?”

I want to tell her those words but my mind decided not to. It’ll only make her stay away from me.

“Let’s go home now, Yong. Thanks for today!”

End of POV

 

 

Author's Note: I put my heart and soul in this chapter. I even do research about the Lotte World 'cause i have never gone there. I have never gone to Korea truthfully.

I actually felt giddy myself while reading this. Kekekeke. How about you? Did you also enjoy this chap? C'mon! Share it to us! :)