Please Don't Go

Better Late than Never

 

Shin Hye’s POV

“Shin Hye-ya! Shin Hye-ya! For god’s sake wake up!!!”

“Ya eonni! Waeyo?! I still want to sleep…”

I looked at the clock to check the time. It’s only seven in the morning. Why on earth did Min Young eonni wake me up in this day so early? I wasn’t able to sleep early last night because I was thinking of the flowers that Yong Hwa gave me. His note sounded pleading. What does he mean?

“Hurry up! Yong Hwa is on his way to the airport! He’s going to England!”

Suddenly, my sleepiness was gone. My jaw dropped by her words.

“MWO?!”

“Go get your up and Min Ho will take us there! If I’ll explain it today, you might not be able to see him again.”

I was alarmed by her words so I brushed my teeth took a shower in a jiffy, wore the first dress that I will get in my closet.

***

Min Ho was driving at 180km per hour while Min Young talks to me about the urgent situation.

“Min Ho just called me and told me that Yong Hwa is going to England. He and his band were asked by FNC entertainment to train there and they will debut after one to two years. Maybe, that’s the reason why he gave you the flowers... and the note.”

Oh no. All I could do is slap both my hands to my face.

“But… but why didn’t he tell me?”

“Because you are so preoccupied with the thoughts of your boyfriend! We’re already here Shin Hye-ya! Hurry! Let’s split up so we can find him quickly!”

Min Ho’s boldness didn’t bother me. My mind is thinking of Yong Hwa… only Yong Hwa. I ran to the airport as soon as I stepped down from the car. I didn’t bother to look back where Min Young and Min Ho went. I just felt that my feet are bringing me to the departure area unawaringly thinking if there are paparazzis around while I’m only wearing my sunglasses. I checked this… electronic board to see if the flight to England is still there.

He… he already left… ten minutes ago. I felt like my heart sank in the deepest part of the ocean. My eyes are being clouded by tears that I was suppressing really hard. Everything I see seems to be a blur.

Why did he leave me without saying a word? I’m late, way too late. He’s in England now.

I was walking deadpan on the waiting area to take a seat. I couldn’t help my feelings anymore so I started sobbing really hard. Good thing I’m still wearing my sunglasses so I don’t think anyone will recognize me.

A gentleman beside me was kind enough to offer his handkerchief. He even patted my back while I was busy crying. I didn’t mind. The truth is I really needed someone who could comfort me right now. This stranger doesn’t even know who I am and why I am crying at all so, I do really think he is the right person… until he spoke.

“Whatever the reason you’re crying, just let it out. I’m here for you, Shin Hye-ya.”

My eyes grew wide as I heard him speak. Andwae! It can’t be! He’s not him. He can’t be… Yong Hwa. I quickly wiped my tears to turn to him. It was REALLY him.

Without having any second thoughts, I wrapped my arms around him tightly. I don’t care if he couldn’t breathe because of my hug. My breath was almost taken away when I thought he left. He hugged me back. He was warm. I can smell his perfume again, just like the time I was resting my head on his shoulder at the amusement park.

End of POV

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

She finally broke the hug. I can’t almost breathe… but I loved it. It’s as if we haven’t seen each other for years.

“Please don’t go Yong Hwa!”

 “What are you saying…”

I don’t really know what she’s talkin’ about. Before I could ask her, she spoke again. She was actually whining.

“Please don’t go to England… yet! I still have so many things to tell you. I’ve already decided. You’re right. I never really loved Hyun Joong. I only liked him because we just became too attached with each other while we are in China. I never loved him because… I love you.”

She leaned closer and kissed me. I kissed her back, of course still unknown to me the reason why she’s doing all this. This has been the moment I’ve always wanted to do with her. My heart is jumping with joy.

She broke the kiss. I was still startled by the happenings.

“Please don’t go Yong Hwa.”

“But I’m not going anywhere.”

“MWO?!”

She sounded really shocked by my words. Who could’ve told her I was going to England?

“Yong Hwa-ya!!! Finally! You’re in each other’s arms! Kyaaa~! But… how about Hyun Joong-ah?”

Hyun Joong-ah?! Since when has my sister been calling that guy Hyun Joong-ah?!... Oh! I almost forgot. I was here to pick So Min up. She’s already with Min Young and Min Ho. I turned to look at Shin Hye again who threw killer glares at the MinMin couple. Could it be that they’re the ones who told her?

I should really thank them!

End of POV

 

Min Young’s POV

 “I could… I could explain Shin Hye-ya…” my voice was trailing off.

“You should better explain it to us, now!”

 

Flashback.

Shin Hye wouldn’t let me enter her room and ask her a few more questions about her meeting with Hyun Joong. She’s back to her happy self again. Could it be that… could it be… Oh no! I have to call my jagiya as soon as possible.

“Min Ho-ya! We’ve got trouble here!”

“Waeyo?”

“I think Shin Hye and Hyun Joong already got back again!”

“Mwo?! Aish! That’s really trouble. We have to help Yong Hwa before Hyun Joong could propose to Shin Hye again… Any plans?? By the way, So Min’s already coming back tomorrow. We should be with Yong Hwa picking her up at the airport.”

Suddenly, a bright idea occurred to me.

End of flashback.

 

“You know what Shin Hye? Instead of getting mad at us, why don’t you just thank us for giving you the chance to confess with Yong Hwa?!”

I covered Min Ho’s mouth because I’m afraid he might tell more tactless words at Shin Hye causing her to get madder at us.

“You’re unbelievable Min Ho!”

That’s all she could say. I knew my sister very well. She won’t get mad with ridiculous things… although what we did was way beyond ridiculous. I’m still elder her elder sister after all.

End of POV

 

So Min’s POV

“On the other hand, they have a point Shin Hye! As your friends, we only want what’s best for you two!”

“You know about this too, So Min-ah?”

“They told me when they fetch me earlier. Ya Yong Hwa! Looks like they had done a very big favor for you! Kekeke. Wait. Shin Hye-ya… how about Hyun Joong?”                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

I couldn’t blame the MinMins for doing that. The five of us have been friends for a long time and Yong Hwa and Shin Hye clearly knew how much we want the two of them to be together as a couple! Wouldn’t they make a lovely pair? But, she still hasn’t answered my question. How about Hyun Joong?

“Don’t worry So Min-ah. Hyun Joong and I are doing fine. We already broke up.” She winked at me. But… why?

“MWO?!... JINJA?! WHEN? WHY??” Min Young, Min Ho, Yong Hwa and I said in chorus. Curiosity overload!

“Easy guys! Just yesterday. We both realized that we felt for each other is just attachment and not love. Besides, we already have someone in our hearts.” She gave me a wide grin, still leaving me clueless.

“And that’s Yong Hwa right!?” Min Young and I felt giddy for them.

“…ne.”

“Kyaaaa~! Congratulations to you two!” We hugged each other. The two boys made their high fives.

 

 

Author’s Note: Sorry for not updating lately. I have been away from my laptop because I took care of my aunt who is sick. She had just been discharged early this afternoon and now I’m home!

Btw, happy happy birthday to the handsome burning-eyed Jong Hyun  oppa! <3 Wish him all the best!

And oh, I still need ideas regarding my next fic. Storylines are very much welcome! Just message me or leave a wall post! :)