Sudden Change of Heart

Better Late than Never

 

Author’s Note: Chingus! I already replaced chapter 13 with a new update. Have you read it already? Sorry if I wasn’t able to update this past few days. I hope you enjoy both chapters!  :)

_________________________________________________

 

Hyun Joong’s POV

I woke up crying. It’s not a dream. It was a nightmare. Shin Hye already broke up with me. Good thing I already woke up. I was still thinking of our cool off last night and I’m afraid that my fear of losing her is coming nearer to me. I can feel something’s wrong and I need someone to talk to… right now.

 I still have to attend some interviews and TV guestings here in the Philippines before I go back to Korea tomorrow for a magazine photo shoot. Since I won’t be doing anything this morning, I called So Min.

“Yoboseo?”

“So Min-ah, this is Hyun Joong.”

“Oh! Why have you called? I just woke up.”

“Ah, jinja? Uhmm.. I won’t be doing anything today until lunch. Would you mind… having some coffee with me?”

“Uh… sure. I also don’t have classes in the morning. My first class will start at 1pm.”

“Good. I saw this Starbucks in… erhm… Technohub, near your university. I just wanna grab a venti cup of macchiato.”

“Arasseo. See you!”

End of POV

 

So Min’s POV

Am I still dreaming or did Kim Hyun Joong just asked me to have coffee with him? I pinched my cheek real hard and I’m glad that it’s for real. It’s so early and my day is already complete! I’m having coffee with Hyun Joong today!!! Kyaaa~! Can I consider this… as a… date? Well, he has Shin Hye right now. Oh no. I’m cheating with my friend’s namchin.

But on the second thought, we’re not doing anything illegal so… my conscience is still crystal clear. It’s just a friendly coffee date. That’s all.

I put on Sunday white dress with me, sleeveless of course. The weather in here is scorching hot! Wew! I just hope that I will not look haggard when I get there.

***

I composed myself before reaching for the door. Before I could enter, a gentleman already opened the door for me. When I looked at him, it was Hyun Joong. He still looks fresh and hot despite wearing only a pair of sunglasses, white v-neck t-shirt and jeans. I feel like melting with his smile.

“Good morning So Min-ah!”

“Good morning Hyun Joong-ssi. I mean, Hyun Joong-ah.”

“I hope I didn’t disturb you on your appointments today.”

“Aniya. I don’t have anywhere else to go. Omo! Looks like we are the first customers.”

“Yeah. It’s a good thing.”

When we are done ordering, he offered the chair to me and he sat across me.

He doesn’t look as happy as we are in the mall. What could have happened to him?

“Gwaenchanha?”

He was startled by my question.

“Am I that obvious?”

“You looked really down today, although you can still manage to smile.”

“I don’t know if I could tell you this…”

“I’m your friend now, remember?”

“But you’re also… Shin Hye’s friend.”

I was getting more curious on what is happening to him when he said that.

“Gwaenchanha. I have all the time to listen.”

He looked at me, and held my hand. He was teary-eyed. It’s as if he wanted me to sympathize with him.

“Shin Hye… She told me that we should cool off.”

I know this is wrong but… why do I have this slight feeling of joy? Andwae So Min-ah! This is not the right time for me to think about myself. He is sitting in front of me telling him that he and his yeochin, who is my friend, are having some glitches in their relationship and I’m feeling happy?  Andwae! I’m here to listen to him, to be someone he can lean on.

“Mwo? Waeyo?”

 

“She said that she’s confused and all… she said that there are certain things that she needed to deal with certain things on her own. Last night, I even dreamt that she already broke up with me because she’s already in love with someone else…Do you think… So Min-ah… that Shin Hye can do this?”

I was not prepared answering his question. Suddenly, the thought of my twin brother popped out of my mind. Maybe… he’s already with Shin Hye now. I have the chance of taking advantage of the Shin Hye but I know Shin Hye’s not that type of person! She doesn’t decide hastily on things, especially on love problems. She’d rather keep those feelings for my brother, if she still has, to herself because she knew it’ll definitely hurt Hyun Joong.

End of POV

 

Hyun Joong’s POV

She looked really in deep thoughts when I asked her my question so I snapped at her.

“Gwaenchanha. You don’t have to answer it.” I reassured her with a smile as I took another sip of my coffee.

“Mianhae, Hyun Joong-ah… If you want, let’s have a walk in the campus. It’s very refreshing yet peaceful there.”

“Jinja? Let’s go!”

***

“You’re right So Min-ah. It’s really peaceful here.” I told her as we sat in one of the benches near the so-called “Sunken Garden”. The ambience is really relaxing, a perfect place to stay when you want to ponder on things.

She was looking at the skies with a smile on her face when I looked at her. I examined the contours of her face. She’s really pretty. I wonder if she has a boyfriend. With an innocent and radiant face like her, who wouldn’t ask her out? Little did I know, I was absentmindedly smiling when she turned to me.

“Is there something on my face?”

“Ah… aniya! Don’t take this the wrong way but… I really find you… beautiful, inside and out.”

She was blushing because of my words. I looked closely on her lips, it was thin and pinkish red. I don’t think she put a makeup on her face. I planted a soft kiss on it, and she reciprocated. We were cut short when I suddenly thought of Shin Hye. Believe it or not, WE HAVEN’T KISSED YET. And I felt guilty for that, not because Shin Hye and I are this close in breaking up… but because… I felt… I just had a change of heart. I kissed a girl… No… not just a girl… but my girlfriend’s friend, of all people.

So Min and I felt awkward after the kiss.

“Mianhae Hyun Joong-ah…”

“No. It’s me who should say sorry. Jeongmal mianhae.”

I walked her to her dorm. We bid goodbyes, still awkwardly, but then she turned back to tell something to me.

“I… I don’t think I can give you a certain answer to your question earlier but… Shin Hye is the one who thinks of other’s feelings first before she decides on anything. Whatever she has done, she is just thinking for both your own good.”

***

It was another tiring day for me. Even if all you have to do is smile to the cameras and talk to the interviewer and entertain some fans, it’s really exhausting. As I got back to the hotel , I immediately called Shin Hye.

“Shin Hye-ya…”

 “Hyun Joong-ah… we need to talk… about our relationship.”

“Me too… I have to… tell you something. I’ll be back tomorrow morning. Let’s meet in the afternoon  at the fancy restaurant where we met Yong Hwa and So Min.”

“Arasseo.”

Shin Hye’s probably right. Our relationship needed a break.

End of POV