What A Sneaky Move

Better Late than Never

 

“Thanks for the drive home, Yong Hwa-ya!”

Min Young and Min Ho left me at the bar and so they asked Yong Hwa to drive me home. They told me they still have to buy something else. In the middle of the night?! I wish they will not do anything illegal.

Before I stepped out of the car, Yong Hwa hold onto my hand.

“Shin Hye-ya, are you… uhm… gonna be busy tomorrow?”

I was thinking if I had any work done tomorrow… until I remembered it’s Sunday the next day. And, our family doesn’t have any plans on going out tomorrow.

“Ani. Wae?”

“We’ll go somewhere. Don’t worry it’s not too far.”

***

“Where are you taking me Yong Hwa-ya?!”

His car stopped at this wall covered with vines. I knew it. This is a secret passage to Ryeowan High. Our high school alma mater. There’s a door behind those vines that will get you to the school garden. Min Ho and our gang use this gate whenever we are late for school. Min Ho’s family owns the school. He gave us only one key to each of us. I forgot where I put mine. It’s been a long time since I last used it.

“Why are we here? We can’t just go inside. You don’t have the…”

He held his key in front of my face. My eyes widened. There’s no way I’m gonna trespass. I don’t wanna get caught! I have an image to protect. I looked at the entire street if anyone was there. Luckily, there was none.

“You still have that?”

 “Don’t worry Shin Hye-ya. Today’s Sunday so no one will be able to catch us. Besides, we got Min Ho’s back. Trust me.”

He gave me a toothy smile then grabbed my hand as he guided me inside. We walked in the hallways of our school. I suddenly felt like I’m a high school student again. I have made a lot of memories in this place. Some are sad, but there are just too many beautiful memories that the sad ones are not as sad as before anymore.

 

Flashback.

Second Year. Flashback.

Shin Hye was busy preparing for the school’s foundation day. As the president of the student government, she and her team is assigned or the publicity schemes for the upcoming event. The other student officers are out because they have other things assigned to them. There are only three staffs left: Han Hee Joo, Cha Bo Woon and Lee Hyun Jin.

“Omo! You’re here Yong Hwa!”

“So Min told me that you’re here. I just came here to give you this lunch Eomma had prepared for you.”

“Ah. Gomawo Yong! Extend also my thanks to your Eomoni.”

The other students felt giddy for the two. They are silently giggling among them.

“I can see they are really close.” Hyun Jin said.

“I know right! Yong Hwa’s eomma even made lunch for her!” Bo Woon exclaimed, but not enough to be heard by Shin Hye and Yong Hwa.

“They are really sweet! I can feel that there something going on between them.” Hee Joo nodded.

Shin Hye noticed that Yong Hwa is still not walking outside the door.

“Waeyo?”

“I can see you needed help so… I’m here.”

“Really?! Gomawo Yong! You literally save me from despair! Kyaa! Gaja! We have lots of works to do.”

***

Shin Hye and Yong Hwa were busy doing the layout for the posters while the other three are busy contacting for different sponsors for the event and the printing press who will print the posters and flyers. Shin Hye was humming a song.

“Shin Hye-ya, I’m tired. Can we take a break?” Bo Woon was massaging her arms. Hyun Jin and Hee Joo pouted while nodding.

“Arasseo.”

Yong Hwa started playing the guitar and played the song Shin Hye was humming earlier. She sang along.

Especially For You

Especially for you

I wanna let you know what I was going through

All the time we were apart I thought of you

You were in my heart, my love never changed

I still feel the same

 

Especially for you

I wanna tell you I was feeling that way too

And if dreams were wings, you know

I would have flown to you to be where you are

No matter how far and now that I'm next to you

 

No more dreaming about tomorrow

Forget the loneliness and the sorrow

I've got to say it's all because of you

 

And now were back together, together

I wanna show you my heart is oh so true

And all the love I have is especially for you

 

Especially for you

I wanna tell you, you mean all the world to me

How I'm certain that our love was meant to be

You changed my life, you showed me the way

And now I'm next to you

 

I've waited long enough to find you

I wanna put all the hurt behind you

And I wanna bring out the love inside you, oh, and

 

Now were back together, together

I wanna show you my heart is oh so true

And all the love I have is especially for you

 

You were in my heart, my love never changed

And now that I'm next to you

No more dreaming about tomorrow

Forget the loneliness and the sorrow

I've got to say it's all because of you

 

“You’re like a campus couple! Kekeke.” Bo Woon really felt giddy for them.

“Yong Hwa-ya?! You’re gay, aren’t you?”

Yong Hwa was shocked by Hee Joo’s statement, so was Shin Hye.

“MWO?! I am certainly not! Waeyo?”

“HELLO! Because most of the guys here are head-over-heels for her!”

“And I’m one of them.” Hyun Jin butted in with his hand on his nape.

“And you’re her best friend, the guy closest to her yet you haven’t asked her out yet?!”

 “Aniyo! We’re just friends. If we are more than that, then we might be considered as ‘brothers’. Shin Hye is like one of the boys! Right, Shin Hye-ya?”

Shin Hye just let out a laugh and turned away.

End of flashback.