Here's the Deal

Better Late than Never

 

Flashback.

Shin Hye has just turned eighteen. Instead of having a fairytale-like party, she only invited her friends to their house to have a pajama party. Although she is a friendly person, she’s really not comfortable mingling with large crowds. They were all set for the sleepover.

“Happy birthday Shin Hye-ya! Make a wish and blow your candles.” Min Young and So Min said in chorus.

“I don’t think I still have any wishes that haven’t come true. What’s important to me is that you’re here celebrating a very special day of my life. Gomawo!”

“So sentimental Shin Hye-ya! Kekeke.” Min Ho .

“C’mon Min Ho-ya! She’s just being thankful.” Yong Hwa answered for her.

“Enough of that you two. You’re not gonna ruin this night, are you? Ok. Cheers for Shin Hye’s womanhood!” Min Young raised her bottle.

“Cheers!” And they all gulped their vodkas at the same time. They were shocked that Shin Hye was the first one to empty hers.

“Whoa! Slow it down Shin Hye-ya! It’s too much for a first timer. Kekeke.” So Min . She and Yong Hwa are just three months older.

“Let’s just play Spin the bottle!” So Min had it in her mind the night before.

“That’s a good idea! No one wants to sleep early right?” Shin Hye was really excited.

So Min spun it first. It pointed to Yong Hwa’s direction.

“Aish! Why do I have to go first with this silly game!” He complained.

“Ya! Stop whining! Truth or dare is all you have to say!” So Min glared at her twin.

“Ara! Dare.” So Min had a wide grin. Yong Hwa looked at her and knew she was already heading for something. He suddenly became nervous.

“Kiss the cheeks of the person you’re most comfortable with. Except me of course! Besides, we’re not really comfortable with each other. We’re like cats and dogs! Kekeke.” Everyone laughed.

As expected, he went straight to Shin Hye.

“Mianhae Shin Hye-ya. This is just a game.”

“I understand. Gwaenchanha.” She reassured him.

He planted a gentle kiss on her cheek. Shin Hye blushed.

“Omo! Your face looks like a tomato Shin Hye-ya! Kekeke.” Min Ho .

“Aniya!”

“Here! Look at yourself! It looks like you have a crush on Yong Hwa huh! You’re so obvious! Kekeke.” Min Young teamed with her jagiya and handed her sister a mirror.

So Min couldn’t help but feel giddy for her brother and Shin Hye. Yong Hwa spun the bottle and it pointed to Min Ho.

“Dare.”

“Drink two bottles straight in one minute.”

“That was easy.”

He just finished a bottle and Min Ho’s vision is already quite doubling. He has his forehead wrinkling while he looks at everyone. He suddenly stood up and went to Shin Hye’s CR to puke. Min Young followed him immediately.

“Gwaenchanha?”

“Ne. I’ll just rest for a while.”

“Easy, huh?” Yong Hwa .

“Ara! I’ll be his black rose since my sister can’t save him from the dare because she’s not really much of the alcohol-tolerant type.”

Shin Hye grabbed Min Ho’s remaining bottle and drank it as if it was only water. Yong Hwa somehow felt guilty for what he dared to Min Ho. It ended up to be done by Shin Hye.

“I quit. Enough of this game. We already had enough.” Yong stood up and help Min Young bring Min Ho to the room Shin Hye allotted for the boys.

“Yong! Aish!”

But So Min was also feeling a little bit dizzy because she already had already drunk four bottles. She mindlessly lied down on Shin Hye’s bed and started snoring. Min Young took care of Min Ho because he also feels the same thing as So Min. Yong Hwa and Shin Hye were the ones who cleaned the room.

While they were in the kitchen while putting down their dishes,

“Aish! It’s my birthday and it was kinda disaster! They left us here washing the dishes!”

“We can still celebrate your birthday! Wanna have some snacks?”

“Good idea!”

***

It’s just the two of them, in the garden, having some junk foods and beer. They were talking about random funny experiences. They were laughing hard until they are having stomach aches. They were quite tipsy.

“Yong! You’re really handsome! A lot of girls are eyeing on you at school. Why can’t you just pick one of them and have her as your girlfriend? Remember the girl who gave you a mango cake on your birthday and you don’t even know her until that day? She seems nice…”

“Aniya! How about you? You’re the student president? A lot of guys are obedient because they are having a crush on you? There’s this Geun Seuk… the vice president?”

“Aish! We’re just friends!”

He looked at her and leaned forward a little.

“I have an idea! 6 years from now, and if you and I aren’t committed to anyone yet, then we’re gonna marry each other!”

“Aish! Why’d you think of such ridiculous things? And why 6 years? I’m only gonna be 23 that time.”

“Well…it’s because it’s too long a time for us to not have a jagiya yet. And… besides… we’re friends… and friendship is a good foundation for a romantic relationship right?”

“Yong-ah! Why so sentimaental? Kekekeke. I forgot! You’re the emotional musician of the group! But… yeah… you’re right there huh! Good point!”

“So… is it a deal?”

“Deal.”

Little did they know, Min Young went down to check the two after letting Min Ho to fall asleep. She intentionally eavesdropped on their agreement.

“These silly kids! Hmm… 6 years?! Can’t wait for that! I really should tell this to Min Ho and So Min first thing in the morning! Kekekeke.” She said to herself.

End of Flashback.

 

 

Author's Note: Thank you for all the lovely greetings. My birthday party was just... amazing! I had soooo much fun! <3

Anyway, as promised, I already posted Chapter 2! Yipee! Comments are very well appreciated. :)