It was All Worth the Wait

Better Late than Never

 

Yong Hwa’s POV

Inhale. Exhale. This is it. Today is Shin Hye’s 23rd birthday. It’s been five years since we had that ridiculous agreement. But truthfully, I didn’t take it ridiculously. Everything has been planned after that day.  For me, it was a moment to look forward to. I’ve been waiting for this day for so long, but it was worth it. She’s worth the wait.

“Good morning my princess!”

I wake her up in her room with a bouquet of fresh flowers in my hands. Her face is radiating as sunlight struck her beautiful face. She is smiling priceless at me.

“Saengil Chukhamnida!”

I gave her my warm hug and a gentle kiss on her lips.

“Gomawo. You definitely made my day, Yong.”

Haii… Hearing those words from her makes me melt… but now’s not yet the time. I still have things to do for her today. I covered her eyes with my hand as I lead her downstairs.

End of POV

 

Shin Hye’s POV

I couldn’t believe that today, I’m already 23. Wow! Time flies fast. I remember the times I used to think how I could jump over time to this day because of that silly agreement. It makes me laugh a little. How naïve am I for love! But now, I’m just contented that I already have him by my side as my boyfriend. It just feels like heaven.

“What are you doing Yong Hwa-ya?”

“Just trust me, like you used to.”

It was enough to reassure me. He’s Yong Hwa and I know he wouldn’t do something that’ll hurt me. And that’s one of the million reasons why I have loved him.

He finally removed his hands from my eyes.

“Happy birthday Shin Hye-ya!!!”

There go party poppers being popped side-by-side. Yong Hwa really knew me too well. I don’t want my special day to be publicized though my agency have decided to threw a birthday party for me with my fans the next day. We only had a few visitors who are all special to me. My whole family was there, Min Ho, So Min, Hyun Joong, Jong Hyun, Jung Shin, Min Hyuk and Manager Jun.

We went to the dining room while singing the Happy Birthday song. What a wonderful day it is!

“Blow your candles Shin Hye and make a wish.”

 Yeah. Just like what my parents used to say during my kiddie birthday parties during my childhood days. But I couldn’t ask for anything more. I was getting tear-eyed.I felt that I’m already having a perfect life now—caring family, supportive friends, successful career and a loving namchin. I just thanked God for giving me such a blissful life.

End of POV

***

So Min’s POV

“Haii… What a lovely couple they are!”

I said as I rest my head on Hyun Joong’s shoulders as we are done eating. The YongShins are being sweet with each other while we are eating. I couldn’t believe my emo brother could be as showy as that.

“Wae? You also want me to feed you? Kekeke.”

I hit his arms real hard. He’s thinking too much. But I know he’s just kidding.

“Stop it! We’ve just been a couple since Valentine’s Day!”

“You’re such a violent woman! Kekeke. I’m just foolin’ around.”

Hyun Joong kissed my forehead. I could see Yong Hwa having dagger looks at him then clears his throat.

“Ehem. I’m still here.” I know he was trying his best to sound as calm as possible. He doesn’t want to be embarrassed in front of Shin Hye’s parents. Hyun Joong got what he was trying to tell. He simply bowed his head and whispered “mianhae”.

“It’s ok Yong! It was just an innocent kiss. Kekeke.” Min Ho winked at us and looked at Yong Hwa as if he was teasing him. Yong Hwa turned to him, but before he could answer, Shin Hye already spoke.

“He’s right Yong. Don’t be too harsh. Let them act sweet. It’s fine.” She held his hand and smiled at him.

 “Alright! Let’s get to the dessert! Kyaaa~!” Min Young finally broke the tension.

“A… arasseo.” He suddenly shifted his attention to her again. When it comes to Shin Hye, he will easily give up the argument. Aww. My brother is so sweet! Kekeke.

***

Shin Hye’s POV

After a lavish meal, we all went to the living room as Yong Hwa and his bandmates volunteered to sing a song.

Marry Me by Train

Forever can never be long enough for me
Feel like I've had long enough with you
Forget the world now, we won't let them see
But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted
Love has surely shifted my way

Marry me today and every day
Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will, say you will

Together can never be close enough for me
Feel like I am close enough to you
You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you
And you're beautiful

Now that the wait is over
And love and has finally shown her my way

Marry me today and every day
Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will, say you will

Promise me you'll always be happy by my side
I promise to sing to you when all the music dies

And marry me today and everyday
Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe
Say you will, say you will marry me

 

He was only looking at me. I can feel his heart and soul while he was singing. It’s as if the lyrics are meant to be sung by him. Could it be… Could it be that… Suddenly, he knelt down in front and pulled out a ring.

“Shin Hye-ya… will you marry me?”

I suddenly became nervous. My heart is beating faster every second. I went to look at everyone who is encouraging me to answer with a ‘yes’, even my parents and my manager. Phew! No signs of negation.

“Yes! I will marry you Yong Hwa!”

He put the ring on my finger. It fitted perfectly. I got emotional and tears started to fall from my eyes. Yong Hwa hugged me with a smile that can’t be wiped from his face. Everyone let out an Aww… and clapped their hands for us.

“I’ve long been waiting for this, Shin Hye-ya!”

“Yeah. I never thought this day would come. I’m just really overjoyed.”

“Saranghae.” We both said in chorus then he kissed me tenderly on my lips which I gladly reciprocated. Well, we cut it short because we are afraid that my parents will glare at us. Kekekeke.

Oh! I think I already have my wish. I wish we  could all lived happily ever after!  :)

End of POV

 

THE END

 

Thank you all for reading my fic. Gamsahamnida to all my chingus! Thank you for all those love and support, especially those lovely comments and messages you have left me. I'll treasure all those.

As the saying goes, "If a door closes, another one opens." so I'm on for another yongshin fic, titled, Searching for the One. I've already posted the foreword. I'll update it maybe tomorrow or the next. Characters are still tentative. I might change Kim Soo Hyun and Park Min Young. Suggestions are very much welcomed.

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/195033/searching-for-the-one-jungyonghwa-kimsoohyun-parkminyoung-parkshinhye-yongshin