Chapter 2

Gift of The Death

“I thought I already told you I don't want this! Go and buy me a new one!” The leader is harassing a junior at the corner of school hall. Other followers are guarding the hall and mock every student who passed them to scram away and mind their own business.

“I - I get it. I’ll get a new one for you.” The boy is looking down; afraid to see his face.

The leader knocks his head with rage. “Who the hell are you seeing down there?! I’m up here, dimwit!” He pushes him away before walking off like nothing happen, followed by his followers.

The junior is already gleaming with tears before wipe away the tears. "I - I'm such a coward."

“No, you’re not.”

He looks up and saw L, one of his respected senior approaching him with a smirk.

“Sunbae! What are you doing at here? Shouldn’t you be helping your classmates in decorating the class?”

L snickers. “Nah~ I decided to take a walk for a while. You're being bullied by Junho again?"

“Ah, well! They’re…” He couldn't continue his word for he scares of his impression.

L continues asking. “Why is he keeps harrassing you? There must be something you have done to him because he doesn't bully for no reason.”

He lets out a short sigh. “I accidentally slipped the tin of paint of his head.”

“Don’t you better tell homeroom teacher about it? Or are you worried they will take revenge on you?”

“Sort of.” He says in soft voice.

"I will trying to talk with the discipline teacher about it. You better head to your class now. Bye!” He pats his head before dissapeared from the left corner.

~~~~~~~~

At the cafeteria where only a few people around including Seohyun is having their lunch break after getting busy with preparation. Seohyun was nibbling on her sweet potatoes when L is trying to sneak from behind and scare her.

He closes her eyes before using hoarse voice. "Guess who?"

Seohyun pinches him from behind. “L, stop doing that before I bite your hand off.”

He pouts before takes a sit beside her. "You're so mean. I was just joking. By the way, isn't that sweet potatoes?"

"Yes and no, I don't want to share."

“Meanie.” L reply.

L doesn't know what to do, grabs her cup of hot chocolate and takes a sip of it.

“Hey, stop finishing my drink! I bought it with my leftover money, okay?” Seohyun grabs her drink from him.

“Since when you’ve become stingy, Seohyun? Since you have to wasted your money on me because you lost the bet?” L teases her ‘till her face got reddened than ever.

She poured her drink on him and places the cup on crown of his head.

“There! I feel delighted.” Seohyun says with smirks before walks away, leaving L cursing under his breath.

~~~~~~~

L was waking up from his long slumber sleep. He stretched himself while yawning before looks around.

He was in basketball court empty seat when he realizes the silence occupied the school.

"Guess the school is over."

He gets up before heading home with confused feeling lingering on his face.

~~~~~~~~~

Every night, the guard will take turn to inspect each school's corner to make sure no burglars or any student left at the school.

He passed the second hallway with his torchlight and check every lab to make sure it's locked.

Little did he knew, if he took a peek into chemistry laboratory, he can see Junho’s body replaced the anatomy doll.

He's dead.