Chapter 14

Gift of The Death

Everyone, finally 'Gift of The Death' is complete today on Thursday, 2.50 p.m.

It was quite entertaining and a hard task to write this story and to keep it gruesome for the reader who read this story.

I want to say thank you very much for keep supporting this story by subscribing and comments. In the future, I'll try my best to write this thriller genre story again.

Enjoy with this final chapter. ^^

 

 

CHAPTER 14

He slowly opens his eyes before taken aback with the scene he saw. A light shine from a lamp nearby helps him to see well. Lee Jung was gasping for an air when he saw his partner on the table; bleeding badly. He already lost his right and left leg.

What pity scenery especially when his eyes are closed with a piece of clothes.

“Surprised to see your friend?” A voice startled him. He quickly moves his body back and forth until the killer is standing at front of him.

“You shouldn’t do that.” A grin crept on Seohyun’s face.

“Who the hell are you?!” Lee Jung shouts at her face. Seohyun is only standing there before clapping happily.

“Good question. Who am I really? Did you already figure the answer?”

“You’re the one who killed every victims in a gruesome way. Why?”

“Hatred. I just help people. They’re eager, their passion to kill someone but they can’t. They already set their mind that killing is wrong but I can. I help them to kill those people.”

“The last victim, which is Yuri. She’s pulled your trigger?”

“She’s a pain in . You should know her true colour under that angelic face. It’s a shame that I have to kill her mother although Seohyun insisted not to.”

“Seohyun? Isn’t your name is Seohyun?” Lee Jung was confused.

“Hey, get your fact fast!” She punches his face hardly. He groans in a pain.

He didn’t understand a thing. Who is this girl?

“I’m Juhyun. The dark side of her. The side of her who no one knows and everyone is afraid of.”

“You have multiple personality?”

“Since you already know my secret, I have to kill you.” A knife where she holds all along was ready to stabs his heart when a loud sound catch her attention.

A strong force kicked the door and L comes in with scared face. “Seohyun? Stop!”

Taeyeon was follows from behind with a painful expression. “OMG!” The first word she utters when she saw the dead body of police officer on the table.

Seohyun turns her attention towards her two best friends. “Hey guys! You’re late for the party.”

“Seohyun, stop what’re you going to do!” L exclaimed.

“Seohyun? What’s the matter with you guys? I’m Juhyun! J-U-H-Y-U-N. Seohyun is nowhere to be found!” She’s explodes.

“Juhyun, please stop. I’m begging you.” Taeyeon begs her. Seohyun looks at he with cold eyes.

“Why should I? They’re invading our privacy. This is the least I can do.”

“It’s wrong, Juhyun. Yes, you’re helping them by killed the people they’re hate most but don’t you realize, you’re ruin your own happiness? The people who are very dear to you like me and L.”
Seohyun bites her lower lip before let out an awkward laugh. “You’re not. I don’t have people that are dear to me. Especially not you.”

Taeyeon approached her with teary eyes. “I want to talk to Seohyun I knew since middle school. Seohyun who is always cheerful and easy-going despite her short temper.”

“Taeyeon, no.” L muttered under his breath.

Taeyeon holds her hand before holding it tightly. “Please…”

Seohyun looks down and stays silent. “Not before I killed you first.” She looks at her with cold eyes before trying to stabs her before someone pushed her.

L let’s out a painful groan before kneel down in front of Seohyun. “Seohyun…”

Seohyun was terrified for the first time especially when she was in Juhyun’s state.

“Seohyun, I’m sorry.”

Seohyun snaps back to reality when she realized L holds his stomach.

“L…? L…? What’s wrong? What did I do?” Seohyun throws the knife away and held L in her embrace.

“You’re not wrong. I’m supposed to protect you from your dark side.”

“Taeyeon! Call an ambulance!” Seohyun exclaimed at Taeyeon.

“Yeah – yeah.” Taeyeon was running out from the house to call for help.

Seohyun who is still holding him; was crying badly. “You’re going to be fine.”

“Seohyun, I love you. I just want you to know that since we’re kids. Although you’re still like this, my love will never change.” L holds her face before closes his eyes.

“No, no! Don’t die! L!!” Seohyun screams on the top of her lung.

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

4 months later…

Taeyeon and Yoona are chatting happily before going somewhere. They’re brought a basket of fruits, which they’re bought at nearby fruits store.

They’re arrived at hospital and goes straight to the certain room. From outside, a sound of laughter can be heard.

“Hey, L!” They’re greeting him.

Inside the room, the other classmates who are also visited him takes permission to go home and left three of them.

“Are your condition is okay?” Taeyeon asked. L answers with a nod.

“When you will be discharged?” Yoona asked before takes a sit beside him.

“Tomorrow or the day after tomorrow. The doctor will do the last check up on me.”

“You’re going to visit her?” Yoona tests him.

L gives a look at her before turns his attention to fruits basket.

“I just hope she’s getting better now.”

Taeyeon keeps smiling before heading outside. She walks outside and sit on the nearby bench.

“He surely does miss you, Seohyun.” Taeyeon mumbles under her breath.

 

Flashback…

“I already called the ambulance.” Taeyeon comes back and unties Lee Jung from the chair.

“Taeyeon-ah, I’m sorry. I’m truly sorry. I didn’t mean to.”

“I know you don’t.”

“When you guys started to realize that it was I all the time?”

“Each person whom you’re killed has something do with you. Junho continuously bullied you ever since you’re move in at here. He saw you as a weak creature. Sungmin dumped you in front of his friends and even called you with a weird name. Sohee used to lock you in the ladies after you accidentally ruined her skirt and Yuri keeps tormenting you with her schoolwork. But why you must killed her mother?” Taeyeon explained.

“Juhyun thought she’s the obstacle. She’s going to ruin everything. Mr. Police officer, I’m sorry for your partner and you. I can’t control my anger and usually it will end up like this.”

“I accept your apology but I have to send you to mental hospital for continuous treatment. Maybe the punishment will lighter a bit because of your disease. Let’s hope for that.”

Seohyun nods before embrace L for the last time. “I love you too.”

Flashback ends…

 

“What are you doing here outside?” Yoona approached her before takes a sit beside her.

“Thinking of something.” She replies.

“I just know about her disorder after L told me. I was quite lucky that she didn’t killed me at the time I slept at her house.”

“You’re one of her close friends. When she’s become ‘Juhyun’, she’s forgot about us. About people who are very dear to her. In Juhyun’s mind, all she can thought is kill people.”

“Let’s hope for the best for her.” Yoona smiles.

Taeyeon nods before smile. “Yeah. I miss her.”