Chapter 3

Gift of The Death

Even the school bell didn't ringing, many students roaming at the hallway to decorate and hanging the banner. Everyone is busy with their own work before the day of festival come and other assignments to be submit aside of doing this project.

Everything is normal for a while before the loud shrieking is heard from the 2nd floor where most of laboratory located there. People who are curious ended up running there to search the cause of screaming. Probably the prank or someone is having misfortune accident.

In front of chemistry laboratory, a girl who is pale with trembling hand pointing at inside the lab while her friend can't stop crying or unable to speak whenever somebody is trying to speak to her.

The teacher informs other teachers about they found the body for they have kept anatomy doll to be used in ghost house as their main attraction but instead of anatomy doll, they found real dead body. They are trying to calm the students and controlling the swarm of students who keep capturing pictures and whispering the accident.

The dead body found in terrifying way where the head of victim is almost fallen out from his body. A pool of blood has been under the body along with his scattered fingers. The scene is so sick that almost people who can't stand, puke right away.

The internal organ is rip out from his stomach and leave hanging outside. It's almost like a rope with green slimy covered it.

“Everyone, please evacuate the crime scene! I don’t want any of you wandering around this hallway until the police get here. You hear me? Go to your own class, now!” The discipline teacher said in order not to mess up the crime scene before the police arrived.

~~~~~~

Taeyeon slumps her head on the table with a small thud. "What's going on really? The mass murder has occur right before our festival start. I don't think this ever happen before."

Seohyun nods as she sits beside her with guilty face. "Tell me about it. It's either stop this festival or it will continue but maybe the 2nd floor is not going to used for the investigation site. This is terrible matter ever!"

Yoona who is standing not too far from them, shivering. “Who could do that things to him? I know he’s been a badass all the time but don’t you think it’s way too far to execute him?” Yoona comments.

“Yeah, I lost my appetite all of sudden. Can’t believe it happen at our school.” Sunny replies.

L who just arrived at school, enter the class with happy face as he takes his seat behind Seulong. He looks around to see his classmates is wearing gloomy expression like something bad happen.

"What's up, guys? Does the result have come out? Did it turn out bad?"

"The result doesn't come out yet. It's regarding the murder occured at 2nd floor in chemistry laboratory. Junho's body was found by the junior and the case is still in investigation." Seohyun answers for him.

L bolts his eyes. "The hell? Does he commit suicide or he got killed?"

Yoona gives him a look. "Killed by a psycho killer. If only you could see his state, I'm pretty sure you're going to puke because it was a mess in there! It's worst than dissect frog in biology class. At least, we don't have to cut it's head or pulling out its gut." She makes a disgusted face when she thought about the eerie scene.

L says nothing but smirk hearing Yoona's thought.

~~~~~~

It's lunch break and every student is heading to cafeteria despite many police officers roaming around the school building.  Seohyun and Taeyeon is queue to buy food. They are search for a place to sit and found the nearest seat near fountain. Most students prefer to eat outside since it's greenery and open space for loud conversation.

L is munching his biscuits when he spots both of them who are enjoying their food. He decides to join them.

"Hey girls!"

"Hey, L. You're only eating the biscuits? Wanna share my lunch?" Taeyeon offers her food as L takes a sit beside her.

L nods. "You're sure know me better, Taeyeon except for this stingy girl who sat in front of us." He teases Seohyun who is glaring at him.

"I'm not stingy. I'm just too hungry since I haven't had my breakfast this morning."

"Why?"

"I'm wake up late and realized that my clock is broken and need to change the battery."

Taeyeon and L laughs at her reaction.

"Say, L. Where were you yesterday? I thought we would walk home together like always but I didn't see you anywhere at the school yard." Seohyun asks.

"I'm taking a nap at basketball court. I don't know how or when I ended up there. I was going straight home after I realize I'm the only one in school compound. Who knows what might be waiting for me if I'm staying late?" He laughs.

"Hey, did you think a killer is among us?" Taeyeon speaks up about the incident this morning.

"I don't know, Tae. For Junho to get killed, it must take a lot of courage for someone to do that. After all, he's the mastermind in bullying other people and the teachers were afraid of him. I don't think his followers know who is behind all this. Anyone could be suspect."

"Even us." L interrupts Seohyun's words.

They are in silence state for a while before continue eating their lunch before the bell ringing.