Chapter 4

Gift of The Death

After a long time debating and the student's hard work in succeeding the school's festival, the principal decides to continue with the festival with one condition. Try not to uproar the murder case which had just happened and for now, the 2nd floor is forbidden.

Somewhere in the class, there a couple of students who stayed up late to finish the unfinished business when someone is starting to raise her tone for unknown reason.

"You are supposed to back me up but what have you done? You walk away and pretended like nothing happen. Do you know how embarassed I am to cover up, in front of the crowds? I trust you and you broke my trust!" She screams while pointing her fingers towards the frustrated male student.

"I want to, okay? But..."

"Enough! I don't want to hear any excuses from you because I know you're trying to defend yourself. We shouldn't be friend at the first place if I knew this thing will happen."

"Oh, you're trying to break our friendship?" The male student bolts his eyes.

"Yes! From now on, we should be stranger. You don't know me and I don't know you. You can go to hell!" She curses him before flying outrage from the class.

He was taken aback with her words that he can't utter anything but dropped himself on the chair. "I can't believe it. It's my fault that I didn't stood her up but I didn't know it will ended up like this. You stupid!" He blames himself.

All of sudden, the atmosphere seems quiet and no sound make even the animals seems to be quiet but that doesn't stop Sungmin from sighing about his careless mistake. His ear caught the sound of shoes colliding with the floor but he didn't bother to look up.

The door of the class is sliding open which means someone is entering and Sungmin is assumes that must be the guard or Sunny to console him.

"Sunny? I know it's my problem but can we be friends once more? I didn't bear to ignore you every time I saw you at the hallway later. We're in good terms for a year now. Please, forgive me." He says through air even though the person doesn't mutter anything.

He lets out a short sigh. "Sunny?" He calls out her name again but no reply.

When he wants to turn around, someone just closes with handkerchief in order to make him faint. He is trying to resist the attacker but the effect already takes its place. His eyes slowly close and his surrounding becomes black all of sudden.

The attacker just standing there with sharp glance towards his body. The creepy smile crept on its face before letting out nervous laugh.

"She said you can go to hell so I will granted her wish. Don't mad at me."

~~~~~~~

The festival went well and it seems this time it's more happening than before because it's fall on the day where people are having free time. Every students who are involve are much happier than ever and everyone seems to forget the murder case occured at the school for a while.

On other side, Seohyun keeps bickering with L over small things and everyone though they're kinda childish for fighting about nothing. For everyone who already knew their attitude can't help but grinning. They are more like married couple instead of best friend since they're keep fighting like an old couple.

Seohyun yawns while holding her cup of hot chocolate on her left hand. “L, aren't you cold? I think my hand is going numb because of the weather."

L shook his head as he his lower lip. "You're skin is too thin to bear the coldness unlike mine."

"You had too much fat under those skin!"

"Jealous much? It's better than keep complaining about the cold weather. Didn't your mouth is tired from chatting and blabbering? I pity your lip." He laughs.

Her face is flushed red holding back her anger. She kicks his leg for laughing at her but he nearly dodge it before continue laughing.

~~~~~~~

Jessica and Taeyeon are heading to basketball court where the basketball event takes place there. Each class will give out their representatives to play and won over the title 'Class Championship' which every festival they held. Last festival, Class 4-A won for each round, earning them the 'MVP' for winning on-streak.

"I bet our class is going to win this time since we had Hankyung and Minho." Taeyeon comments.

Jessica nods; agree. "We must win this time after losing to senior last time. It's so embarassing when one of our player missed out the free throw."

"I don't even want to remember that." She replies in soft voice.

~~~~~~~

Sunny was seen bite her nail when Yoona and Yuri were busying selling ball of octopus. Yoona who saw it, slaps her hand hard while showing unsatisfied expression.

“What are you doing?”

“Bite my nail.”

“And why is that?”

“Sungmin doesn’t come to school. I don’t see him anywhere in school area. I already asked his classmates and they were saying he doesn’t come to school. I’m worried.”

“He’s probably had his problem. Are you guys fighting by any chance?”

Sunny stays silent.

Yoona shook her body. “Are you guys fighting?”

Sunny nods. Yoona can see the tears were forming at corner of her eyes.

“It’s only a small fight but I curse him to go to hell. I leave him alone at the class and never contact him. I don’t know whether he was still mad at me. I feel guilty, okay?”

Yoona bites her lower lips before nodding to Yuri who just finished her work.

“Yuri, can you Sunny to go somewhere else? I will handle the stall. She needs some fresh air.”

Yuri nods. “Sure. Let’s go Sunny. I bet you want to taste an ice-cream that Yesung and his friends sell.”

~~~~~~

It’s already evening and slowly the school compound become silent. The stall already closed but a few students still remaining at the class.

Yuri who already tired asks permission to go back home with Yoona. Sunny, Taeyeon, Seohyun and L remain at the school. They waved goodbye before finished cleaning up the class.

“Sunny, why are you look so moody?” L asks.

“I fight with Sungmin yesterday. Today, I want to ask his forgiveness but he doesn’t come to school.” Sunny explains.

“I want to go to toilet. Whoever wants to go?” Seohyun suddenly blurted out.

L raises his hand, which causes laughter between Taeyeon and Sunny.

“Since when you change your gender?”

“Just kidding. You girls can go while I stay at the class.” L reassured them.

“Okay but don’t do anything funny. We’ll come back as fast as we can.” Taeyeon says.

Three of them were heading to toilet, which located between a stairs and school hallway. The light on top of them suddenly turns off which causing them to scream. A few seconds later, the light turns on.

“Scare me to death.” Seohyun mumbles to herself.

After doing some privacy thing, they were heading out. All of sudden, Sunny feels a tie of knot in her stomach.

“Guys, can we head to Sungmin’s class? I feel bad.”

Seohyun and Taeyeon look at each other before nod in agreement. “Sure.”

In trembling hand, Sunny opens the door but a silent atmosphere filled the room.

“Sungmin?” Sunny called out his name softly.

She steps in before fell frontward when she hit something. “Ouch!”

“Sunny, are you okay?” Taeyeon is approaching her in the dark. Seohyun find the switch and turn on. The light filled the room and all of them can see Sungmin’s body lying on the floor. His back of his head was bleeding but the blood already dried.

They can’t mutter anything until L appeared after a few minutes.

The police arrived later and they were taking their statements before allowing them to go home.

Sunny was the person who felt the loss because she’s the one who is closes to him and now he’s dead.

She was really regretful for saying bad word at him back then and she seems can’t forgive herself after this tragedy happen.