The Escape

The Prince and The Thief

 

I could hear steps from the hallway the whole time, even though it was 11PM. It was the night guards, and they were everywhere the whole time. It was just because they didn’t want me to leave the castle, I just knew it! It felt like I was held captive here, even though I never stole that damn ribbon from that stupid, annoying prince.

               “Fine… Guess I have to do it the hard way,” I said to myself, a bit irritated, and went to one of the huge windows and opened it. The cold air hit immediately hit me. It was freezing outside! I hugged myself, trying to keep warm. I was already shaking from the cold.

               “Ah! The closet!” I said to myself and ran to the closet to check it out, hoping there was a jacket. There were only fine jackets of the best quality… That’s not what I needed at this time. Someone would attack me, trying to get my money if I looked like some rich guy. But it was either that or catching a cold. So I decided to wear a black jacket.

               “Here we go,” I whispered to myself and climbed out the open window. It wasn’t that cold with the jacket on, though the cold still hit my skin through the holes in my jeans. I didn’t have more time to change to something else! I had to hurry! There wasn’t much time left…

 

Minho P.O.V.

 

               I stood and looked out the window in my room. I was looking at the dark sky with the thousands of stars. I was still so tired after that parade in the town, and luckily I didn’t have much to do the following day. I was so tired from that stupid boy who tried to steal from me. Why did Onew have to bring him here?! I didn’t want that, but still he did!

               Sometimes my uncle made me really mad, with his clumsiness as well.

               “Your highness, I bring you your uniform,” a maid said, who just stepped into my room. She was holding my cleaned uniform, which I wore at the parade. I didn’t answer her, she just put it into my closet.

               “Is there something that’s worrying you?” she asked as she walked to me. I felt really mad at that time, I hated that damn thief! He didn’t deserve to be here, he should be in the dungeon!

               “Maybe I can do something for you?” the maid said with that same voice all the maids were talking to me with, but only when we were alone. They were so stupid to listen to, all of them. They would do anything just to get the chance to have with me.

               “Fine,” I said coldly. I could feel that she smiled a wry smile. I didn’t have anything else to do anyway, so…

               ”Are you coming, your highness?” she asked, as she was already sitting on my bed. I was just about to remove my eyes away from the window, but then I suddenly saw something in the garden. He was running. Trying to escape…

               It was that damn thief!

               ”I changed my mind, there’s something I must have done,” I said coldly to the maid, who got really disappointed right away. I didn’t care about her, and left my room.

               I didn’t get why I was following that thief, but still… To live here was his punishment!

 

Taemin P.O.V.

 

               I escaped from the castle, it was surprisingly easy, but well… I was trained in escaping. I nearly thought that the guards were blind or something.

               I was soon back at that street where I lived. I didn’t walk towards my house, not yet. There was another place, I had to go first. I didn’t have much time left now. There was about ten minutes to midnight, and then it would be too late. Manhae would arrive at midnight precisely, as always. I had to give him the money before then, or else he would hurt those people I had promised to protect.

               He would hurt my younger “siblings”, whom I secretly was protecting. Key and Jonghyun didn’t know anything about it. They didn’t know, that I had to pay the taxes for two families. 

 

________________________________

 

A/N: Sorry for late update!

I've been sooo busy at school... >w< It's killing meee! 

I'll try to update more often, okay~? :33