The Rose Labyrinth

The Prince and The Thief

 

               I was walking around in the garden. The sun was shining and the weather was just perfect! The King’s garden was incredibly big and beautiful! Perfectly cut bushes, flowers and trees were growing. The most beautiful in the garden, though, was the rose labyrinth, which I stood at its entrance and stared at with big eyes. The roses were red as blood, and the leaves were the greenest color I had ever seen! I couldn’t help but smile. I loved roses, I always had loved them, ever since I was a little child, so I decided to walk inside the labyrinth, but I was stopped, as a familiar, annoying guy stood behind me.

               “You’re gonna get lost in the labyrinth, if you don’t know it,” he said. I frowned at him. Yes, I was still really mad at him, for what he did to me at the breakfast.

               “As long as I get away from you, I don’t really care,” I mumbled coldly and turned my back against him, and started walking. Minho rolled his eyes, but walked after me anyway, without saying a word. It was a bit annoying though… But at least he didn’t say anything, so it was gonna be okay.

               “Why roses?” I asked, as if I actually wanted to hear his annoying, but beautiful, voice.

               “My dad knows that I love roses, so he made this labyrinth for me,” Minho told, without looking at me. I looked at him and raised an eyebrow, could it be true? Such an arrogant prince wouldn’t like something that beautiful? It was probably just useless roses in his eyes. They weren’t diamonds, gold or money.

               “Why?” I asked and kept walking, deeper into the labyrinth.

               ”My favorite cartoon, when I was a child, had a beautiful rose in it,” he said, and I stopped. I looked at him once again with big eyes. It couldn’t be true. It was the same reason why I loved roses. The cartoon I always watched as a child had a beautiful rose in it as well.

               “Let me guess…” I mumbled and turned to him. He finally looked at me, with his incredibly, beautiful, dark eyes, which really caught my soul, and locked it away.

               “The Beauty and the Beast?” he asked. I was just about to say it. I just looked at him for a few seconds, without saying anything, but then started laughing. I didn’t know why, but I laughed. Minho looked at me with widened eyes, but then smiled, just a little. But he smiled. His smile was really beautiful, like everything else about him, apart from his personality, of course. I finally stopped laughing, as I couldn’t stop looking at him

               He caught me in his net.

 

Minho P.O.V.

 

               I was really amazed by those beautiful noises which escaped Taemin’s perfectly shaped lips. His laugh nearly made me glad inside. I didn’t know if it was the sweetness about it, or just the way his lips created a beautiful smile, but it did something to me…

               “Come with me,” I said suddenly and started walking through the labyrinth. Taemin followed behind, as he finally stopped laughing, he was still smiling though. It seemed that he really loved roses, he loved the garden and the nature. He loved everything, that the sun touched with its pure light.

               ”Where are we going, Prince?” he asked. He didn’t even call me by my name, though I was the prince. I ignored it though, and continued through the labyrinth, until we reached the middle of it. I knew this labyrinth like my own pocket. I had been here so many times.

               Taemin stopped as we reached the middle, and looked around him with big eyes. The middle of the labyrinth was formed as a big circle, with bunches of flowers planted everywhere, mostly roses and lilies. The most beautiful thing in the middle was the big fountain, with the two angles sitting on top of it, looking down at us.

               “Taemin… I would like to ask you something,” I said, as I made up my mind. Taemin turned his amazed face to look at me and nodded.

               “Yes, my prince?” he said, though I knew he didn’t mean that “my”, it made me smile a bit.

               “Since I don’t have much time to go enjoy the beautiful garden… Would you do me that favor and enjoy my garden for me? You can go here whenever you want,” I said. It just popped out of my mouth, I didn’t know why. Taemin looked at me with big eyes, and then smiled happily. The smile, that nearly made my heart melt.

               Nearly.

               “Gomawo, Minho hyung!!”