Taemin's Childhood

The Prince and The Thief

 

               “What happened, Taemin?” Onew asked calmly and wiped my tears off my cheeks with his white tissue. It was soft, and probably damn expensive, like the rest in this castle. I just shook my head, and then continued to cry in Onew’s arms. I couldn’t tell him. I couldn’t tell him about my childhood.

               ”Tell me what’s wrong, Taemin.” I could feel the concern in his voice, as he gently pulled me to his room. He let me sit down in a soft sofa, which stood in the corner of the room.

               “I-I can’t tell it to anyone,” I let out a small whisper, as I could feel my body shake and tremble. Onew just raised an eyebrow at me.

               “Why said that you can’t tell it to anyone?” he asked.

 

               “It’s our little secret, Taemin. Don’t tell anyone about it, okay? It’s our secret game. If you tell anyone, you’ll lose.”

 

               ”Go away!” I screamed and grabbed my hair roughly, trying to get the voice out of my head. Onew laid his arms comfortingly around me. He tried to get those memories out of my head, thought he couldn’t. No one could. I was all by myself. They didn’t know how I felt, and they never would.

               “Tell me, Tae.” Onew kissed my hair, exactly as a worried appa would do. An appa, who didn’t do those things to me every night. Those things that would never disappear from my soul.

               “It’s… My appa, when I still lived with at my parents’ house… The pictures keep coming back to me. All the memories…” I whispered quietly and gently grabbed Onews uniform, as if it was something precious.

               “How old were you, when you still lived there?” he asked.

               “I ran away from home when I was eight years old. I then found Key and Jonghyun, and they accepted me as their child, though they were just a few years older than me,” I told him. He was the first person in this castle, who knew about it. Besides him, only Key and Jonghyun did.

               ”What did your appa do to you, Taemin?”

 

               “Aargh! Appa! It hurts!” I screamed as loud as I could, and tried to hide my girly face in the bed sheets. Hide myself from the world around me. The world that hurt me, pierced my soul, and never loved me.

               “Shut up, Taemin!”

 

               I could feel my hands started to tremble even more than the rest of my body. Why did Onew have to ask? Now I was thinking about it again!

               ”H-He… Touched me,” I whispered, frightened.

               ”What else?” Onew asked, and I bit my lower lip. Jeg didn’t want to tell him, I didn’t even know if I could trust Onew? He made me feel safe though, safe and warm. Comforting. Like an older brother, or even an appa.

               “It was every night. He came to my room after my mom told me good night, and went to sleep,” I started. I took a deep breath, as Onew sat next to me, and patiently watched and listened to what I had to say.

               ”Then he asked me to take off my clothes. If I didn’t do it myself, then he ripped my clothes, so I didn’t have a choice!” I felt myself panicking slightly, but Onew just patted my back, and I felt a little better already. There was something about him, that made me feel happy in some way.

               “What happened after that?”

               “He laid me down on my own bed, …” The tears started to escape from my eyes, and I could barely speak anymore.

               ”And then he… me…” I whimpered as my tears continued to fall from my dark, brown eyes. My tears wetted Onew’s uniform, but he didn’t seem to care about it. He just wrapped his arms tightly around me. He was probably a bit shocked and surprised about my story. Would he think I was disgusting now?

               Onew gently ran his fingers through my hair. I took that as a ”no”.

               ”It’s not gonna happen to you again. Not as long as you are here, Taemin. I promise,” Onew said into my ear with a small whisper. I just continued to cry, as he tried to keep comforting me, though it was difficult to do so.

               ”Gomawo, Onew hyung,” I whispered back and sniffed. I couldn’t hold my tears back, but I knew that I didn’t have to. Not in front of Onew. I could trust him, I was sure about that.

               It was something else about that prince. If he knew, I bet he would just tease me with it, or even bully me. That cold-hearted bastard.

               But still… Would those pictures really never disappear from my mind? Would they never leave me alone? Was there no one who could heal those scars in my soul? I really wished such a person existed.  

 

_________________

 

A/N: Anyone but me who feels like grabbing a chainsaw and pay a small visit to a Mr. Lee? T^T

 

COMMENTS ARE [still] LOVE~