Surprise Visitor

Happy Go Lucky Tae

I awoke to the sound of the rain bouncing off of a roof. I wondered how I'd ended up in my room. My eyes wandered round my room, flickering left and right. There was somebody slumped in the chair by my bedside table. Somebody who looked familiar. Asleep also, it seemed.

"Ehem." They stirred but did not wake.

"Ehem," I coughed again, a little louder this time. The person rubbed their eyes sleepily and sat up straight. As he beamed down at me, I recognised him as the boy I'd seen in the park earlier. I immediately tensed.

"What are you doing in my room?!" I asked accusingly.

"What?" He looked offended, he even pouted a tiny bit.

"Who are you?  Were you following me back there?"

"No! ...Yeah. Kinda..." he admitted, as his head drooped down. "Bet you're kinda glad I did though now!" HIs face lit up.

"Why would I be glad?  You scared me half to death out there!" I sat up and glared at the boy. He frowned.

"I didn't," he said defiantly. He weakened, " I mean, I didn't want to. You went all crazy all of a sudden and I thought you were lost so I tried to help and then you fell and-"

"So how did I get here? And why are you here?" I was becoming more impatient.

"Your parents heard you scream. It turns out you were really near your house. You out so I tried to carry you to some shelter but they came out looking for you. I explained and they invited me in. They even offered me cookies!" He looked awfully happy about this.

He continued. "I wanted to make sure you were okay. I'm Taemin." He nibbled a cookie.

"You have a pretty name, Taemin-ssi." He looked very pleased and impressed with this.

He nodded, "You're Jihyun right?" It was my turn to nod.

"Yeah."

"Nice to meet you, Jihyun!"

"You too, I think..." My voice trailed off. He stood. I watched him as he took another cookie and wolfed it down. I couldn't refrain from laughing to myself.

"What, you haven't eaten in a while? "

"Something like that."

Huh. Odd. Taemin moved towards the door and produced a lollipop from his pocket.

Peeling away the wrapper, he said, "Okay, Jihyun. See you around!"

"What?  Wait no, where are you-" I protested, but he was already gone.


Author's Note

So yaaaay! Taeminnie made a full appearance! He's kinda childish don't you think?  But cute all the same. I will keep to my promise of longer chapters from now on! Get ready for Chapter Four...