"Its over now."

Happy Go Lucky Tae

Jinki's POV

"I just don't know what to do anymore, Jinki. She's completely out of it..."

"Taemin, I told you. I told you right from the start. Getting involved with those guys was going to bring noth-"

"Nothing but trouble, yeah yeah yeah. You told me a thousand times. Never took your own advice though did you."

"Ouch, Taemin. That was different. I needed the work. I didn't want to."

"And you think I did?!"

Silence sliced through the air. Taemin was slouched in the chair next to my hospital bed. He sighed.

"Sorry, Jinki... I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm just, I don't know..."

"Don't worry. I get it. It's all in the past though now. Lets just, try to leave this behind us, okay?" I attempted what I thought was a reassuring smile but it soon turned into a grimace from the pain shooting up my side.

"Jinki... are you okay?"

"Yeah just... ach. I think the morphine's wearing off," I chuckled, half-heartedly.

"I guess they really messed you up... I'll go find a nurse." He got up and walked over to the door before turning round and saying, "Thank you, Jinki. For looking after her." And then he was gone.

 

Jihyun's POV

The moment my eyes opened and I saw the bright, stark white walls, I groaned. Seriously? I was getting kind of sick of waking up in different places. I was so tired... I just wanted to rest, in one place... And then I panicked. This was a... hospital? Why on earth was I in a hosp... Oh. Yeah. I wasn't at the warehouse anymore... CRAP! I must have looked like hell, had anyone visited yet? Who knew I was here..? I spied a small mirror on one wall and got up slowly. I shivered when my bare feet came in contact with the cold floor. Padding across the floor, I felt shaky. I grew closer to the mirror and was, sort of, frightened I guess. Frightened of what I saw. Dark purple circles around my eyes, scratches all over my face and arms. Apart from that I wasn't dirty so I guessed they'd cleaned me up here at the hospital. I flinched. I swore... I thought I saw something, someone move in the mirror behind me. I looked again and froze. Taemin. He was behind the window in the door and moved again, but came back when he knew I'd seen him. Slowly, he pushed the door open and I whipped round, my back to the wall.

"Jihyun..?" His voice small and quivering.

"T-taemin..." My hands searched behind me for something to grab, some support, anything. The corner of the cupboard.

"Please, don't be scared of me Jihyun. I really, really don't want to hurt you." He came slowly closer across the room, hands in front of him as if to show me he really wasn't going to hurt me. My grip stayed solid, my lips pursed tightly together.

His eyes were glossy, b with tears, pleading with my own eyes. He looked really... vunerable. Not at all how I remembered him. And his eyes weren't red. They were full and brown and warm. He was just a foot away from me now.

"Jihyun, are you...are you okay?" He looked genuinely concerned. I felt almost sorry for this shivering wreck infront of me.

"Jihyun, please... talk to me..."

"Shhh, Taemin..."

He gasped and his eyes immediately grew wider. I could tell he was shocked that I responded so calmly, after so long. But, it didn't feel shocking to me. The fear was gone, I could see him clearly now. This was the Taemin I loved, and I didn't want him to be upset.

"...J-jihyun?"

I smiled and brushed the hair out of his eyes. "Taemin."

"Jihyun..." He grabbed my hand and clung onto it so tightly. He took me into his arms. And with that, we both burst into tears, bodies shaking, arms clinging onto each others as if afraid the other would disappear.

"I'm sorry, Taemin..."

"Shhhh, don't be sorry, its all over now. Don't worry. I won't let you go again..." 

And stood like that, we stayed.