Chapter 17

Fates cruel joke

The past continued:

“kamsamnida” jaejoong said as he blushed madly.

So min smiled widely as she rubbed her eyes.

“so min-ah are you tired?” jaejoong asked concerned.

“Kind of” so min lazily replied as she glanced at the clock that was hanging on the wall cream coloured wall.

It read 8:30.

“You should get home and get some rest” jaejoong suggested.

“Arasso” so min said as she grabbed her bag and took out her phone.

She held her phone to her ear; it rang a couple of times before someone picked up.

So min: Can you come pick me up appa?

Appa: why are out so late, I can’t now I’m busy *appa snapped*

So min: appa, it’s late and I can’t go home by myself

Appa: ask one of your friends to drop you off, how many times do I have to tell you that I’m busy

So min: arasso

So min sighed as she exited the house.

“So min I’ll walk home, it’s dangerous for you to walk home by yourself at this time” hyun joong suggested.

So min nodded her head as they walked.

The air was filled with awkwardness.

I unconsciously smiled.

 

Days past quickly, months flew by.

Hyun joong and so min talked more, started to see each other more, soon it came to the point where so min was excluding jaejoong and only focusing all her attention on hyun joong.

Jaejoong and so min started to talk much less, started to see each other less, started to drift apart, soon it came to the point where they stopped talking.

Until that one day, everything changed.

*Ding dang dong*

So min skipped downstairs, thinking it was hyun joong.

Her smile immediately fell when she saw it was jaejoong.

“oh, hi” so min said bluntly.

Hyun joong came, walked past jaejoong and entered the house and stood next to so min.

So min closed the door but jaejoong held it open with his foot.

“What is your problem?” so min said as she crossed her arms.

“He is the problem” jaejoong said as he pointed at hyun joong.

“He did nothing wrong” so min stated.

“He did everything wrong” jaejoong said.

“Tell me then?” so min said as she tapped her foot on the ground.

“He stole you away from me,

He took away our friendship,

Its his fault we stopped talking, seeing each other and hanging out,

Its his fault that your excluding me in everything you do,

Everything is his fault!” jaejoong screamed.

So min stood there bewildered.

“He took you away from me, the person I loved the most, the person who I could lean on to whenever I wanted, the person who cheered me up when I was down, and the person who was my everything. But he took that all away, everything went down the drain as soon as he started hanging out with us.

 Without you, there’s no point in living, without you, there’s no point in looking forward to tomorrow, without you, there’s no point in thinking about the future, nothing has been right since he showed up” jaejoong said as he pointed accusingly at hyun joong.

End of the past

 

So mins POV

Tears involuntarily fell down my cheek, I remember everything.

No wonder he felt too familiar, no wonder he felt so important.

‘mianhae jaejoong’

Hyun joong reached out and wiped away my tears.

“I’m sorry, it’s my fault” hyun joong said as he covered his face.

“aniyo oppa” I said as I shook my head fervently.

“It is, I ruined your relationship” hyun joong said as he shook his head.

“Oppa, that’s the past, don’t look back, like the saying says, always look forward, don’t look back at the past” I said.

Hyun joong nodded his head.

“What about you, I know your regretting, no need to hide it” hyun joong whispered.

He was right, he was entirely right.

Tears continued to cascade down my cheeks, I cried in hyun joongs chest.

“ssh, it’s okay, stay positive, we’ll do it together arasso?” hyun joong said.

I nodded my head.

 

Days flew by quick, before I knew it; it was that time of the year again.

Ommas death anniversary.

I involuntarily walked to my so called parents’ house.

I rang the doorbell.

M step-mom came and opened the door.

“And what do you want?” my step-mom said as she sighed.

“I want to talk to appa” I softly whispered.

She rolled her eyes as she called him.

She left as appa stood there with a raised eye-brow.

“appa, are you coming to visit omma this year?” I asked, hoping he would say yes this year.

“aniyo” appa replied without hesitation.

*still the same*

“waeyo appa?” I asked.

“I don’t want to; it was her fault she died” appa said casually.

“How can you say that appa, I thought you loved her” I said.

“Thought is a big word, I don’t anymore; I love your step-mom now, arasso?” appa said as he said without any hesitation what so ever.

“But, ommas going to be sad” I said as I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

“How can she be sad, she’s dead so min, get that through your little pea sized brain”

“She’s not dead; she’s still alive in my heart” I whispered the last bit.

“Are you done talking yet?” appa said as he rolled his eyes.

“appa, you have to come see her, you haven’t seen her for years, at least visit her for once” I said trying to change his mind.

“Does it look like I want to, she means nothing to me now, and I have better things to do then waste my time visiting someone who never meant anything to me” he said loud and clear.

From the distance I could see step-mom smirk.

It’s all her fault, everything’s her fault.

“Never, appa, never?”

“So min, do you have hearing problems, I said never” Appa said annoyingly.

“What kind of husband are you to omma, I WISH YOU HAD DIED INSTEAD OF HER, I WISH OMMA NEVER MARRIED SOMEONE LIKE YOU, I DON’T EVEN THINK I SHOULD EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE YOU AS APPA ANYMORE, I’VE HAD ENOUGH APPA. I’VE HAD EOUGH” I screamed as I ran off.

I didn’t care if I was causing a ruckus, I didn’t care if I was disturbing the neighbourhood, omma just mean that much to me.

 

Another update, sorry if i'm taking a while to update, mianhae,

but enjoy, please comment and subscrible, it;ll make my day

saranghae!

ps: the more  comments and subscribers the better (: