Chapter 20

Memoirs of My heart

" I'll bring you home, Somin "

 


" N-no. You stay here. I'll just go home by myself ok? " Somin said then she smiled sweetly.

 

" I told you I'll bring you home. "

 

Somin smiled again then she gave him a quick peck on the lips. Hyunjoong just stared at her then he chuckled.

 

" Okay, okay. You win. I won't take you home. "

 

" Yes! Thank you! Bye! " Somin said happily while waving her hands.

 

**********************************************************

 

" Tell me about him, Somin. " Hyunjoong asked.

 

Somin stopped. she was about to pick a flower in their garden. She stopped and looked at him.

 

" Who? "

 

" Seung jo. "

 

Somin sighed. She was not comfortable discussing Seung jo with him. Because she might accidentaly tell him that he is Seung jo. The truth was, she had

no plans of telling him that. She wanted everything to come naturally.

 

" W-what about him? "

 

" Anything.... Why did you love him? "

 

She looked at him and said.

 

" Well... He's a very nice guy... Wait a minute.... Are you... Jelous of him? "

 

" the truth? " Hyunjoong asked

 

" Yes. "

 

" Yes.... I-I'm jelous I- "

 

" I loved you the way you are and not because you look like him... " Somin said while smiling

 

" Really? "

 

" Yes. "

 

" Are you sure? "

 

" Very sure. "

 

" Then prove it. "

 

Somin smiled then she kissed him passionately. He kissed back.

 

****************************************************

 

Somin was really bored so she decided to go to Hyunjoong's office.

 

" Oh God I miss him.. " Somin thought.

 

She knocked three times but no one even said " come in. " so she opened it and saw Haera and Hyunjoong kissing.

 

Somin gasped as her tears started to fall. Hyunjoong pushed Haera and looked at her shocked.

 

" I-I-I g-guess I-i should b-be g-going... " Somin said while crying.

 

" Let me explain, Somin! "

 

Somin stopped. She sighed and looked at him.

 

" Not now, Hyunjoong... Leave me alone. " She said coldly.

 

 

Hyunjoong found Somin out of the building crying. 

 

" Damn Haera! " He thought angrily

 

What really happened was when Haera entered the room, he knew she meant trouble. She quckly kissed him. But he didn't kissed her back.

 

********************************************

 

 

" Ohh... So you're here.. " Haera said.

 

Somin didn't answer.

 

" You really believe he loves you? "

 

" What do you mean? "

 

" I thought you should not be hearing this but you asked for it. He found out that you own that lot their company wanted to buy. You see, It's his project

to developit in Taegu to make it an industrial zone. He couldn't finish it because some of the residents disagreed. So he devised a plan to make sure

he will have that lot that you owned. He went to the extent of pretending he is in love with you so he could make you fall in love with him... "

 

Somin felt like her hear broked ino a million pieces when she heard what Haera said.

 

**************************************************

 

" Somin! I'm hungry! Let's eat lunch! " Jandi said happily..

 

Somin nodded.

 

" A-are you ok? "

 

" I am... "

 

" Somin! " Hyunjoong shouted.

 

Somin turned around and went off.

 

" I think there's something wrong with Somin... " Jandi said.

 

Hyunjoong ran after her and tried to hold her hand but she said angrily " Don't touch me! "

 

" Somin I'm- "

 

" Not now Hyunjoong.... "

 

" I'm sorry, I'm sorry... Let's talk. Please, Somin... " Hyunjoong said. Remorse and anguish were evident in his voice.

 

" There's no need for us to talk.. "

 

" Just hear me out, please.... "

 

" I'm.... setting you free... "

 

" Are you breaking up wih me? "

 

" I am. " Somin said coldly.

 

Hyunjoong hugged her tight but she didn't hugged back.

 

" Take it back please! I don't want my freedom! I love you! Haera means nothing to me! Please say you're not breaking up with me! " Hyunjoong begged.

 

Somin sighed while trying to force herself not to cry. The she pushed him and said " goodbye, Hyunjoong... " Then she went off...

 

*******************************************************

 

The next morning. Somin told Jandi that she will go back to their old house. Jandi tried everything so she won't leave but she failed.

That day is when Somin left. Away from the man she loves..

 

Hyunjoong got shocked when Jandi angrily went into his office and handed him the resignation  letter of Somin It also has a letter with it. She just looked at

him angrily then she went off...

 

Hyunjoong,

 

It's very hard for me to leave you because I love you. But this is the right thing to do. I have to move on with my life. I have to start living my life without you.

The process of forgetting you maybe long but I know it will get by. You too, must move one, that is why I'm letting you go. But don't worry. I've already

forgiven you. Who knows? Maybe someday, if we we have the chance to meet again, we will befriends.... I'll be signing the deed of sale for the lot in Taegu.

It's yours. It's what you wanted from the start, right? Thank you for all those memories. I wish you hapiness.

 

Somin,

 

 

Somin had left him. The pain was unbearable. Hyunjoong looked on the floor as his tears started to fall. Hyunjoong holded his head and closed his eyes

as memories started flashing in his mind.

 

" Seung jo.... Don't leave me... "

 

Hyunjoong quickly opened his eyes and sighed. He now remembered everything.

 

She was right.

 

He was Seung jo.