Instincts

I got married with .... HER?!

L.joe woke up by the aroma of the that was being cook. He looked around the room. *Where-Oh. New House. I forgot.*

He looked at the nightstand and saw at the clock that it’s already 7 in the morning. He prepared his Armani suit and took a bath. Within 30 minutes he is ready to go to work. As he went down and headed to the kitchen, he saw his wife preparing their breakfast in the kitchen.

"Morning." He greeted Jinhee as he put his briefcase to the couch.

"Good Morning Byung- L.joe. Is American breakfast okay?" She asked, removing the apron. She remembered what L.joe said before.

*I preferred to be called L.joe to my friends, so you can call me that. And besides, calling me Byunghun is kinda awkward for me*

"Yeah sure." He sat down.

Jinhee put a cup of coffee in front of him before sitting down across him. "I don’t know what kind of coffee you like. I can make another if you don’t like."

"It’s perfect. You don’t have to worry." He gave her a reassuring smile before eating.

The breakfast was quiet, no awkwardness. Soon, they are done.

L.joe stood up first. "I’ll be going then."

Jinhee replied with a nod and followed L.joe to the door.

Since Jinhee doesn’t have work till tomorrow, all she can do is stay in the house and do some household chores. Even though she is a well-known model, she knows how to cook and do chores.

"L.joe, wait!" She said.

L.joe turned around expecting Jinhee in front of him and tip toeing, giving him a ..kiss on the cheek. But that didn’t happen. Instead, he was greeted by his briefcase that he forgot. *Babo L.joe. What are you thinking? A Kiss? Seriously? I must be crazy.* He shook his head and get the briefcase.

"Something’s wrong?" Jinhee asked, tilting her head.

"Nothing. Nothing’s wrong." He shook his head again.

"Later." He turn and walk to the door. Then he halt. *Should I or Should not?*

Jinhee was confused why L.joe stopped. He turned to her again. "You’re acting weird today, L.joe."

L.joe sighed, "I know." *Something’s definitely wrong with me.*

"You should go to work now or you’ll be late." She gave him a little push to the door.

"..Are you okay being alone here?" He looked worried.

"If that’s the reason why you’re being weird, you don’t have to worry." Repeating his words earlier. "besides Ji Eun might come here later after lunch." remembering that Ji Eun will come later.

"Okay then." He is hesitant to go. "I’ll be going now." He patted Jinhee’s head before leaving.

~~~

Lunch, Mrs. Lee, L.joe’s mom, came into his office. "Byunghun, where’s Jinhee?"

"She’s home." He looked up briefly before doing some paper works.

"I thought she doesn’t have work today?" She took a sit on the couch.

"She doesn’t." He checked his phone.

"Then why didn’t you take her here?"

"She and her bestfriend will meet later."

"You should-"

"Mom, enough. I have many things to do." He rubbed his face with his hands. He is getting headache from all thinking. He feels that something’s going to happened and he knew that he will not like it.

Suddenly his phone rang and he saw Jinhee’s name. Immediately, he answered his phone. "Hello?"

"L.joe! Help! Kevin.. He..he’s drunk and-" He heard a banging of the door. "Jinhee! (Kevin)"

"Wait for me, okay? Don’t open the door." With that he ended that called and rushed to the elevator.

*Dammn it! Open up!!* Frustrated, he continuously presses the open button of the elevator.

~~~

While Jinhee is watching TV, she received a text from Ji Eun.

"Sorry, Jin. I can’t come today. Sechedule."

She replied with "It’s Okay, maybe tomorrow."

The doorbell rang. *Who?*

She looked at the peephole and saw Kevin swaying like a drunk, pressing the doorbell. When the door won’t open, he went o the door since the gate was open. He knocked on the door. "Jinhee! I know you are there. Open that door please! I need to talk to you!" His words are slurred.

Jinhee confirmed that he is really drunk. But she can’t think properly because she’s already shaking. Without further ado, she get her phone and dialed L.joe’s number. "Hello?" she heard him.

""L.joe! Help! Kevin.. He..he’s drunk and-" a gasped escape jinhee’s mouth when she heard Kevin banging the door. "Jinhee!"

"Wait for me, okay? Don’t open the door." She heard L.joe.

The banging of door continued. The door’s knob was shaking too. Good thing she locked it. But then, the door knob broke and the door opened. Another gasped escaped in Jinhee's mouth.

Kevin strode to Jinhee, swaying. "Jinhee-ah, please comeback to me!" She can smell the alcohol in his breath as he put his hands on her shoulders. "G-get away from me! You're drunk, Kevin!" She struggled.

He leaned on her attempting to kiss her but she immediately looked away. "Why, Jinhee? Why did you marry him? Why did you broke up with me?" She can see the hurt in his eyes.

"It's because you cheated on me 3 years ago!" She keep on struggling to break away from Kevin. Her tears are threatening to fall. "Let go of me!"

"I never cheated on you! I only did that because the model blackmailed me that if I didn't break up on you she will give our pictures to the media."A tear fall on Kevin's eye and Jinhee noticed it.

"What-" All of a sudden, Jinhee saw Kevin lying on the floor and L.joe is on top of him.

"You punk!" L.joe look furious.

"L.joe, s-stop it! Enough!" Jinhee took L.joe's elbow stopping him from giving another punch at Kevin. Jinhee pulled L.joe away from Kevin. L.joe is panting.

Then 2 security guards arrived, taking the unconscious Kevin out of the house.

L.joe he faced Jinhee, "Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" He cupped her face, looking directly into her eyes. He noticed her tear-stained face. She shooked her head, "I'm okay."

He recalled what happen and what he heard earlier.

"I never cheated on you! I only did that because the model blackmailed me that if I didn't break up on you she will give our pictures to the media."

He wanted to ask about it but he thought Jinhee is still not ready to tell.

"Have you eaten? I thjought Ji Eun is with you?" He led her to the couch.

She, again, shook her head. "Schedule." she answered shortly.

He cooked for her.

With that, he accompanied her the whole day. Their family heard what happened and they got worried. But L.joe assured them that Jinhee is alright.