Chapter 8

Maybe We're Perfect For Each Other

Min-Hee.

 

“You’re kidding, right??”

 

Kiseop asked me as he hid behind me. I looked at him and nodded; why would he think I’m kidding, anyways? He knows I love haunted houses. Yes, we’re about to walk inside a haunted house and Kiseop is still hiding behind me.

 

“Seoppie, don’t even think of running away from me, okay?”

 

I said and linked my arm with his. We walked inside the haunted house and a scary laugh greeted us, causing Kiseop to scream and hug me. I started laughing so hard and continued to walk while he buried his face on my back.

 

“Welcome, enjoy your stay.”

 

A scary looking elf with a creepy smile on his face said as he welcomed us inside. Inside, there was a narrow pathway and I walked inside but he pulled me back.

 

“Walk slowly.”

 

He said and I sighed.

 

“Fine.”

 

I said and started walking slowly. His grip around my waist tightened and I smirked. My best friend is such a scaredy cat; he’s scared of almost anything, bugs, heights, scary movies, haunted houses and a lot more.  As we were walking, a lady wearing a long dress with a messy and uncombed hair popped out and Kiseop started screaming. I tried to cover my ears with my hands but he was hugging me so tight, I could barely move.

 

“Seoppie, it’s fake! See!”

 

I said as I pulled the hair of the lady and the mannequin fell down. The scary music continued to play as Kiseop stared at the mannequin on the ground. He kicked it with his foot and immediately hid behind me. As soon as he realized that the scary lady was indeed fake, he sighed and relaxed.

 

“Oh. I knew that.”

 

He said and I smirked.

 

“Of course you did.”

 

I said and we continued to walk. Every now and then, something would pop out and scare Kiseop, causing me to laugh really hard. Finally, we walked out of the haunted house and he sighed.

 

“Yes! We’re finally out!”

 

He said as he started jumping around like a little kid. Ehh, I thought I was the kid not him! Suddenly, he stopped and spotted something then grabbed my arm.

 

“Where are we going?”

 

I asked him as I let him drag me.

 

“Photo sticker store.”

 

He said and my eyes grew bigger. Ehh?! I don’t like taking pictures! I hate those!

 

“No!”

 

I yelled as I tried to pull my hand back but he kept dragging.

 

“Why no, huh??”

 

He asked and I pouted.

 

“I hate those…”

 

“Just because you had one bad picture before doesn’t mean you should hate photo stickers. They’re fun!”

 

I pouted again and shook my head then he picked me up bridal style and walked inside the store.

 

“Yah! Put me down!”

 

I yelled but he ignored me.

 

“Ugh! You’re such an ulzzang!”

 

I said as he dropped me on the chair and he stuck his tongue out.

 

“I’m not an ulzzang.”

 

“Yes, you are.”

 

I said and folded my arms. He quickly set up the background and everything then sat next to me. We both looked at the camera and started taking pictures; first, we took a decent picture then a funny picture then a pouting picture. We started designing our pictures and we were about to leave when the lady said something.

 

“Such a cute couple!”

 

She said and my face turned bright red. I have never heard anyone call us a cute couple, ever. Kiseop just laughed and scratched the back of his head.

 

“We’re best friends.”

 

“Oh really? Doesn’t look like it!”

 

The lady said and smiled.

 

“We really are best friends!”

 

I said and she just looked at us then laughed.

 

“It’s true!”

 

I said, trying to convince her. How could someone think we’re dating anyway?? Before I could argue with the lady, Kiseop said goodbye and dragged me out of the store. We walked around the amusement park then I realize that neither of us was talking.

 

“Seoppie, why are you quiet?”

 

I asked then he glanced down at me and smiled.

 

“So…girlfriend, where do you want to go??”

 

He asked and my eyes grew bigger. He did not just call me that!

 

“Eh?! I’m not your girlfriend!”

 

I said and he started laughing. Aish! He’s so mean to me! I walked away from him and I could hear his footsteps behind me.

 

“Aaww, you’re face is so red!”

 

He said as he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and poked my cheek. I tried to push him away but it didn’t work. Since when did he become strong??

 

“Toki…talk to me.”

 

He said but I ignored him. With his arm still wrapped around me, he rested his chin on my shoulder and pouted.

 

“Not going to work.”

 

I said and stuck my tongue at him. I spotted a bench and quickly ran towards it then sat down and stretched my legs on the bench. I waited for Kiseop to say something but I didn’t hear anything. I looked around and I couldn’t find him at all. Where did he go?! I was about to leave when a huge Hello Kitty plush toy landed on my lap. My eyes grew bigger and immediately hugged the toy.

 

“You like it?”

 

I heard a familiar voice ask. I smiled at Kiseop and nodded.

 

“Does this mean you forgive me?”

 

He asked and pouted. I laughed then jumped off the bench and hugged him.

 

“Thank you, Seoppie!”

 

I said and he hugged me back. We decided to go home since it’s getting late so I called unni to pick me up while he called his noona.

 

“So what are you going to name it?”

 

He asked and I started thinking. I usually name all my plush toys; it’s childish, I know. I continued to think until I thought of the perfect name.

 

“Seoppie!”

 

“Yes?”

 

He asked and I shook my head.

 

“No! I’ll name it Seoppie!”

 

I said and hugged the plush toy.

 

“Wh-what?! Why?!”

 

“Because you bought it for me.”

 

“I bought you so much Hello Kitty stuff and you’re naming this one after me? Seriously?”

 

“Yes seriously! Besides, you made me sad a while ago so I’m naming it after you.”

 

I said and smiled then I saw my unni’s car and I smirked at Kiseop. His face turned bright red and looked away. The car window rolled down and unni smiled at Kiseop.

 

“Hey kiddo! Come on, Min-Hee. Get in the car.”

 

She said then I hugged Kiseop and ran to the other side of the car.

 

“Bye Seoppie!”

 

I yelled out and he waved goodbye.

 

“Bye kiddo!”

 

Unni said and we drove off. I looked back at him and waved goodbye then glanced at my sister.

 

“What??”

 

“Do you like Kiseop??”

 

She suddenly asked.

 

“No. Why?”

 

“You two look more than just friends.”

 

“No we don’t!”

 

I argued and folded my arms. My sister laughed then pinched my cheek and continued to drive.

 

“Whatever you say, little sis.”

 

She said.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:

Sorry for not updating in a while :( On the bright side, I don't have a tummyache anymore! :'D OH! It's almost Christmas! Merry Christmas to the other side of the world!