Chapter 14

Maybe We're Perfect For Each Other

 

Min-Hee

My alarm clock went off and I tried to reach for my phone but I couldn’t find it at all. I immediately opened my eyes and tried to look for my phone until I fell of the couch. Wait…couch? What am I doing on the couch…? This doesn’t even look like our couch! Oh no! Was I kidnapped by a bunch of mean people?! Noooooo~ Oh look! Pictures! I ran towards the framed pictures and saw Kiseop. Oh right! I slept at Kiseop’s house! Uh…why did I sleep at Kiseop’s house? Oh right! Because…aaww I bet Seoppie’s very sad now. I frowned a bit then gasped.

 

“I know what to do!”

 

I said to myself as I rushed to the kitchen and grabbed the ingredients. Let’s see…pancake mix, eggs, milk…cinnamon? Chocolate chips? I grabbed a skillet, a big bowl, and a fork and started mixing all the ingredients. While mixing, I accidentally dropped an egg on the floor.

 

“Oops! Paper napkin! I need a paper napkin! Or tissues!”

 

I told myself as I poured some pancake mix in the pan then ran around the house to try and look for anything. As I was looking, smoke filled the entire first floor and I suddenly remembered what I was cooking.

 

“No way…no! No! No! No!”

 

I yelled as I ran back to the kitchen and turned off the stove. I fanned the smoke away from my face and frowned as soon as I saw the ugly, inedible pancake.

 

“Eh…what should I do now…?”

 

I asked myself then took a deep breath and threw the ugly pancake away. I put some butter on the pan and started cooking again; this time, I made sure none of the pancakes were burned. I was almost done cooking when I heard Kiseop walking down the stairs.

 

“Whoa! What…what happened?!?”

 

He yelled and I just grinned.

 

“Pancakes?”

 

I asked as I placed a plate on the table. I ran towards him and dragged him towards the table. He stared at the plate and scratched his head.

 

“You…don’t like…it?”

 

I asked and pouted then he shook his head and stuffed his mouth with the pancakes that I cooked. A smile crept on my face and sat down next to him. I watched him eat the pancakes then he glanced at me.

 

“Uh…why are you staring?”

 

He asked and I shrugged. Why am I watching him eat? That’s so weird!

 

“Oh yeah! Thanks for lending me your shirt!”

 

I said as I stood up and pointed at his shirt. Kiseop’s not a huge muscular guy like some guys but his shirt is so loose and long on me; I didn’t even need shorts since it looked like a dress! His face turned red and he continued to eat. Ehh? Is he feeling sick? I was about to ask him when my phone started vibrating. I ran to the couch and grabbed my phone.

 

“Waah~ Kevin texted me!”

 

I said as I sat on the couch, with my legs close to my chest, and checked the message.

 

Hey, last night was fun! Even though we didn’t finish our date…hehe uh…so you wanna go out again? Maybe…next week or something?

 

I re-read the message over and over again and smiled. Wow! I can’t believe he still wants to go on a date even after I left him! I was staring at the text message until I felt someone behind me. I turned around and saw Kiseop’s face inches away from mine. He was staring at my phone screen and I could feel my face heating up. What’s wrong with me?? Am I sick?? Eh I can’t be sick now! He glanced at me and turned red. We stared at each for a while then I looked away.

 

“Uh…I should go. Unni’s waiting for me.”

 

I said as I grabbed my bag and clothes then ran off. I continued to run and I couldn’t even look back. I kept running until my legs gave up and I collapsed on the ground. My lungs were on fire and I couldn’t even think straight.

 

“What’s wrong with me…” I mumbled to myself as I rubbed my temples.

 

“You’re in love.”

 

I heard someone say. Oh no! Please don’t let it be Kiseop! But…it’s a girl’s voice…oh no! My eyes grew bigger and I slowly looked up until a familiar face greeted me with a smirk on her face.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's Note:
So sorry for not updating in such a long time!! Forgive me?? :3