Chapter 11

Maybe We're Perfect For Each Other

Min-Hee.

“Th-th-that w-w-was y-y-your p-p-problem?”

 

He stuttered and I nodded. Why is he stuttering anyway? I thought he could help me with my problem! He’s not the clueless one, I am!

 

“Please Seoppie?? Please, please, please??”

 

I begged and even pouted. Why can’t he help me?! Is it really that bad to ask him for help?? He should be happy that he’s the one I chose to help me!

 

“B-b-but…it-it’s w-w-weird…”

 

“How?! It’s not that weird! Besides, do you want me to ask someone else to help me??”

 

“No! Of course not!”

 

He said and I smiled. We were standing in the middle of the park and there were couples everywhere. He glanced around the park then back at me.

 

“Are you sure?”

 

“Yes! You’re my best friend, Seoppie. You’re the only one that can help me.”

 

“What makes you think that I can help you??”

 

He asked and I arched my eyebrow.

 

“Didn’t you do it before??”

 

I asked and he slowly shook his head. My eyes grew bigger and my jaw dropped.

 

“Really?!”

 

“Yes really!”

 

“B-b-but…I thought…”

 

“Well you’re wrong.”

 

He said as he folded his arms in front of his chest. Great, now everything’s going to be awkward. My head dropped and I pouted; I seriously thought he could help me but apparently, I was wrong.

 

“What are we going to do now…?”

 

I asked, still staring at the ground. Suddenly, I felt someone’s arm around my shoulder then I looked up and saw Kiseop smiling at me.

 

“Don’t worry, as your best friend, I’ll help you.”

 

I smiled at him then immediately hugged him. I knew he could help me!

---

Kiseop.

I can’t believe she asked me to help her with…that! Wow Min-Hee, just…wow. You’re so clueless and really adorable.

 

“So…”

 

“What, toki?”

 

I asked and she puffed her cheeks then hit my arm. I laughed at her childishness and pulled her closer to me. We were walking around the park and the sun was slowly setting. It suddenly got cold and I could feel Min-Hee shaking next to me.

 

“Cold?”

 

I asked but she just shook her head.

 

“Psh, liar.”

 

I mumbled and she punched me on the side. I took my jacket off and placed it on her then hugged her again.

 

“Seoppie?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

“Aren’t you cold??”

 

She asked but I shook my head then a cold wind blew and I felt cold. Okay, maybe I was feeling a little cold. Suddenly, I felt a pair of arms around my waist and I saw her smirking at me.

 

“Stop acting tough, Seoppie. It doesn’t really suit you.”

 

She said and stuck her tongue out. I pinched her nose and I laughed. Suddenly, she stopped and I glanced at her.

 

“What’s wrong??”

 

“The sun is setting!”

 

She said and clapped her hands.

 

“You…just noticed it?”

 

I asked and she nodded at me. She dragged me to the nearest bench then we sat down and stared at the sunset. She rested her head on my shoulder and my arm was still wrapped around her shoulder.

 

“Min-Hee?”

 

“Hmm?”

 

I glanced at her and slowly lifted her chin. As I was staring at her eyes, I leaned in and slowly closed my eyes then my lips touched hers. I don’t know how long the kiss was but it seemed like we were in that position for a very long time. Some people said that you would hear fireworks or bells or have that twisted feeling in your stomach. Right now, I could hear fireworks; my heart is beating like crazy and I suddenly have this crazy feeling whenever I’m nervous. I’m not nervous at all; maybe this is what people call “butterflies in your stomach.” I pulled away and as soon as my eyes opened, I saw Min-Hee’s face turning red. I poked her cheek and grinned.

 

“Your face is red.”

 

“No, it’s not.”

 

“Yes, it is.”

 

“No, it’s not.”

 

“Yes, it is.”

 

“Your face is red, too. You know.”

 

She said and grinned.

 

“No, it’s not!”

 

“Yes, it is! See!”

 

She said as she took a mirror out of her bag and showed it to me. I ignored her and realized that there were fireworks. Oh! No wonder I heard fireworks a while ago!

 

“Your face is still red, Seoppie.”

 

“So is yours, toki.”

 

I said and we continued to argue. I wonder if she felt the same thing I felt when we kissed…At least I helped her with her problem!