First Day Of Feelings

Why Wont You Fall For Me Already!?!

Oh Mae Rae's Point Of View

 

We arrived at the cafe and sat at the table in the far corner.

"I'll go order." Jonghyun said as he got up and walked over to the counter.

When he came back he had two hot chocolates in his hand. You could tell they were just made by the steam rising from the cup.

"Thank you!" I said.

"Mae Rae, we should also work on our homework while we are here so we don't have to later."

"That's a good idea." I said taking out my math from my backpack and working on it.

"How do you have so many done already?!" Jonghyun had a shocked expression on his face, "Are you some kind of genius?"

"No, it's just math. Math is easy!" I looked at his paper. He was only on the second problem while I was on the last.

As soon as I finished I said, "I am done, so I can help you if you want?"

He was finishing up his third problem when he looked up at me, "Yes, please help me!"

I walked to his side of the booth, sitting next to him. I felt a sudden burst of nervousness.

I was pointing at his paper explaining the fourth problem when our arms brushed against each other.

My heart was pounding, and I could feel goosebumps rise.

When we finished his math I was relieved. I couldn't take another second trying to calm myself down. I could feel my heart still beating. If there had been one more problem on that worksheet my heart might have exploded.

"Hey Mae Rae." Jonghyun said out of the blue.

"What?"

"Nothing." What is wrong with him?

"Do you want to go to the park?" Jonghyun asked.

"Sure," I responded.

The park wasn't that far of a walk. It is only two blocks away.

We took a seat on a bench and looked at the view of the lake.

"Mae Rae?" Jonghyun spoke softly.

"Yes?"

"Tell me about your family." He said.

"My family?"

"Yes, what are they like."

"Well..... My Dad left us when I was 12. He thought he was in love, but he didn't realize that she was just using him for his money. They left for America so they could start a new life together, but I think that she just wanted to move there so he would never see us again. After that my Mom had to go back to work. She just got promoted, so now I see her less, but I can't complain. I am grateful that she loves me so much. Sometimes I think she is the only one that cares about me." I am barely this open to people. I didn't even plan on telling him. The words just came out.

"Mae Rae, I care about you." He turned to me and smiled, "If you ever need anything you can always count on me."

"Thanks Jonghyun."

"Anytime."

We sat there in silence watching as the sun started to set. When we couldn't see the sun anymore we decided it was time to start walking home.

As we were walking out of the park we passed the swings.

I remember the fake date Minho and I went on. That was one of the most fun days of my life.

I was glad to have made memories with Minho here, and now I made memories with Jonghyun.

Day one of my plan was complete. I wonder how day two will go.

What will Minho do tomorrow?

 

Sorry I didn't update yesterday. I wrote yesterday, but it wasn't long so I added on today. It is still a short chapter though. Tomorrow I have to babysit, so I'm not sure if I will be able to update. I am so tired, but I will work on the story a little. Sorry all of my chapters are short I will try to make them longer.