8: Let the Training Begin! (with Narrator’s Perspectives)

By Your Side: Adventures in I-LAND
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was the next day. Y/N was prepared to practise for the first test. However, there was a problem. The problem was, it was a boys’ song and she was the only girl.

As she walked around, she noticed the boys singing the song (horribly as possible, since they were new to the song) and practising the choreography (better than the singing).

But I wish I had gotten a part.

Y/N and her trainee friends were the backup dancers. It was impossible for them to debut like that.

Meanwhile, Namkoong Min and Bang Si-Hyuk sat down and watched how Y/N learned the stuff anyways.

“She has a lot of potential,” said Si-Hyuk.

“I know she does,” replied Namkoong, “Her mother said that she had been dancing since she was very young, at the age of two or three. And ever since, she has been going to hip-hop concerts and even managed to go to a BTS one.”

“Surprised we let her in. If she does well, and when the rest of her friends come over, I will see about letting them debut under HYBE.”

Of course, the boys and Y/N had to figure out their parts and other things.

But Y/N was out exploring the gardens of I-LAND. She saw the cars go by and the trail that led her to the place.

Meanwhile, the boys were in the practise room, trying to sing their newly given song the correct way.

“Let’s just run for our lives!” sang Jongseong.

However, his part of the song was so terrible, his voice actually crackled. The rest of the boys laughed. But Y/N was still nowhere in sight.

“Hyung,” said Nikki, “That was funny! Do it again!”

“I can’t do that,” said Jongseong, “I don’t want to lose this voice of mine.”

Meanwhile, Jake looked all around for Y/N. But she was nowhere to be seen still. He got up and looked all around the place.

Meanwhile, Y/N wandered off onto the other side of I-LAND. She just couldn’t complete the transfer without a proper tour of the property. But what she didn’t know was that she was going to smuggle the rest of the GROUNDers out of there.

She then came atop a much darker building. She tilted her head with confusion.

Did I go in a circle?

Y/N found the entranceway; it was the exact same design as the I-LAND!

This is confusing. Am I going to GROUND?

Apart from being an official I-LANDer, Y/N still felt scared to death. She worried that she wouldn’t be able to come back to I-LAND again and even her dreams would come to a crashing end.

Slowly, she entered the building. When the doors closed, Y/N did not look back. If she was going to get out, then she had to lose all of the fear that she had inside her heart.

Be brave, she thought, There is nothing to fear.

Suddenly, there were voices. Some were familiar and some were not. Y/N peaked her head through the archway of the main practise room and saw most of the remaining eliminated danci

Please log in to read the full chapter