11: After…

By Your Side: Adventures in I-LAND
Please log in to read the full chapter

A month had passed. It was not long after we had completed the first test. But now, we had to prepare for the next test. The Concept.

It mainly focused on the chemistry or relationships with the other contestants. But I didn’t have anyone I liked in particular… yet. It was while I was resting with the other boys. We had a few weeks, or more like the rest of the month, to vote who should stay in I-LAND and find out which ones go to GROUND. And that was not an easy decision.

Meanwhile, Jake was in the dorm room next door.

“Even if I get eliminated, I’ll still come back here.” said Seon.

“Don’t even think about going to GROUND!” scolded K.

“But what’s the point?” asked Heeseung, “I’ll get angry and do better if I do.”

“Yet, we don’t know who was the one who got that 95.” said Youngbin, boarded out and leaning on EJ’s shoulder.

“Yeah, I want to know who got that 95, too.” said Seon, “I know it’s not me, Taki, Maki, EJ, or some of the girls. If only we knew who got that high score, since we know everyone’s skills, and we can figure out which standards they used in evaluating us. I think we can find out that way.”

“But there has got to be some other way,” said Jungwon, “It’s not fair if we find that only the girls got the high score.”

“What’s wrong with that?” asked Jake, “I would still be happy for her, even if we lose.”

“This is serious, Jake,” said Jay, “I-LAND was a show that was originally for boys. We can’t just let the girls pass each and every single test.”

“Well, that’s on you,” Jake huffed, “If you think it’s just for boys, then why did Y/N and her girl groups come?”

Meanwhile, I was all alone in the bedroom. The eleven girls then entered and sat down with me.

“Y/N? Everything’s all right, yes?” said Holly.

“I’m fine,” I said, “But…not sure if Jake is.”

“Why what happened?” asked Erika.

“Well…it’s said that he got the lowest score in the first test. And he seemed pretty sad about it.”

“With a score like that, he’s bound to be devastated.” said Jax, rolling her chin on a pillow.

Meanwhile, Daniel and Jake were alone in the other bedroom. Until Sunghoon entered. He then cuddled up beside Jake.

“Y/N supposedly got the high score. I think most of us are very proud of her. I just overheard her talking on the phone with her mom or something. She seemed pretty excited, the woman on the other side of the phone.” said Sunghoon.

Jake frowned.

I knew that she was going to get the high score, he thought with a bit of resentment, I don’t blame her. But why did she get it and not any of the boys or girls?

“Come here,” said Daniel, “Give me a hug!”

“It’s okay,” said Jake, moving away from Daniel, “I’m fine, really.”

“Oh, no you’re not! Come here!” Daniel insisted as he pulled him close to his arms.

 

.

.

.

 

Ni-Ki was in the living room, deep in thought. He thought of the time when he was given the first part of the signal song. And although he was a talented dancer at just fifteen, he struggled a lot, as if he was still in high school.

Hinata entered and spotted him.

“Something bothering you?” she asked in a sweet voice.

“Nothing is bothering me at all,” said Ni-Ki, “Although, my very first part of that song stressed me out a lot, and it’s no wonder my score is 72.”

Please log in to read the full chapter