7: When You Are On That Day…

By Your Side: Adventures in I-LAND
Please log in to read the full chapter

I was still a newbie. Even though I had genius dance moves.

Jake then skipped after me. But I got mad. I turned off the camera, and stormed back to our dorm.

He doesn’t even know I am on that day!

After cleaning myself up in the bathroom, I jumped on the bed me and Jake were sharing. I then fell asleep for a few seconds, before Jake entered in quietly.

“Y/N,” he said softly, caressing my head, “Are you alright?”

But I didn’t answer. I groaned in pain from my lower tummy. But it wasn’t from what I ate.

“Are you having cramps?” he asked.

I quickly (and gently) moved flat on my back. I saw his sweet puppy face. Jake then smiled and cupped my face.

But then I thought, We are just friends. What is going on? Does he have a crush on me?

“I’m so sleepy,” I said, “I never feel it this way, though. I might have to rest some more.”

“The only way to soothe the pain is to dance and exercise. I think with training classes, you will probably feel much better.”

“You know what is happening?”

Jake nodded.

“It’s not easy for guys to understand, even though they learn about both human bodies. It goes for girls, too. You don’t have to learn about just one human body.”

I seemed to smile after his advice.

When we all arrived at the training room for the first class, we warmed up and stretched. We were then greeted by a man with a very wide smile and a very bushy beard.

I felt uncomfortable.

“Hello, everyone!” he said with cheer, “The name for me is Son Sungdeug! And I will be your personal dance teacher!”

I froze. Jake was concerned about my reaction.

“I don’t think he will be that bad. I’m sure we are going to learn a lot from him.”

Still, I frowned.

 

.

.

.

 

We met back in the main hall, where the entrance to I-LAND was. It felt ominous, because I already thought of it as a place to get eliminated and other things.

Maybe they are going to eliminate some of us already, I thought.

“The very first test is the Signal Test,” announced the Voice of I-LAND, “The only people within the numbers 16-20 will only go once. The rest may go again.”

But what does he mean?

“Are we going to sing already?” I asked.

“Supposedly,” said Jake, “I think we are going to sing the theme song.”

We had a theme song?

I felt strange. First, the capacity was 20 and not at 12 (in usual K-Pop survival shows), they provided sanitary pads and equipment, but they didn’t provide any other rooms for the rest of us.

Something suspicious is happening…but what could it be?

Please log in to read the full chapter