15: Letters, Messages, and BTS

By Your Side: Adventures in I-LAND
Please log in to read the full chapter

Narrator’s Perspectives

Y/N set up a camera. The girls were going to record a video message for BTS and for global fans. It was already August. The day when BTS is going to come visit I-LAND.

 

ALL: Hi! Annyeonghaseyo!

 

Y/N: We are…

 

Galway Londoners: Galway Londoners!!

 

Hinata: And we are…

 

AO3: AO3!!

 

Maeve: We are here today to announce that Galway Londoners and AO3 will be making a comeback to I-LAND for the second part.

 

Keira: And we will be meeting BTS very soon!

 

Leila: It’s a special episode you do not want to miss!

 

Livia: And for global fans, check your WEVERSE and start voting on us now. And don’t forget some of the male applicants too!

 

Jax: We will begin filming for our next episode in very shortly. Thank you!

 

Y/N: And we finally thank BTS for receiving our letters and fans letters all around the world. We will see everyone soon!

 

Erika: We hope you enjoy it!

 

All: Bye!!

 

.

.

.

 

Y/N woke up one morning. The cameras were back on. It was time for the show to begin again. She then got up and went down the stairs to get a cup of coffee.

But then, she realized she had forgotten her phone. Last night was when she had charged it, but in the living room. As she went closer to the door, she heard familiar voices. They sounded like seven men. She then slowly opened the door. And BTS was sitting in front of a camera, as if they were sending a message to all of the I-LANDers and the global fans around the world.

She then grabbed her phone, but Kim Namjoon looked back at her and Y/N yelped in fright.

“Oh, my god!” she shouted, “Oh, my god! I am so sorry! I didn’t know you guys were going to be here. Oh, my god. I am so sorry!”

“It’s okay,” said Namjoon, “Wait…aren’t you the female I-LANDer? Or one of them?”

“Yeah.” Y/N said, nodding her shaking head.

“Then that means you have used your card to let back a few people to I-LAND. Well, to tell you the truth, if three people come back, then that means, three more are chosen to come back along with them.”

“Really?” asked Y/N.

“It’s true.” said Namjoon, “Now, we will let you get back to what you were doing, and we hope to see you again!”

“Thank you!”

Later in the day, the portal opened. At first Y/N thought she was going to see BTS again. But no…it was Jake and the other boys she had vouched for.

 

.

.

.

 

Y/N’s Perspectives

When I saw Jake, staring right at me, I was overcome with joy and happiness. I ran toward him, pushing everyone else aside and out of my way. He held me tight on the waist and I wrapped my arms around and he spun me all around.

He put me down and I cupped his face.

“I…missed…you!” I whispered.

My face was blurred with tears. But I still smiled. I was more than happy to be back with him. It had been a few months since we were apart. But I didn’t know…that something was different about him.

It was while everyone was cheerful and rapt in conversation, when I noticed that Jake didn’t sit with me as always. And he was always playing with other boys.

Another thing I noticed was that he wouldn’t let me do the things they did with my girl groups, which basically means to not copy what he did. It was really strange.

But the saddest thing of all was when he kicked me out of his bed. I mean…I know that it was his bed in the first place. But it totally beats sleeping on an uncomfortable couch. And after every one of the boys argued about who was going to turn off the lights, I had to do it myself. I felt like a housewife, cleaning the house and feeding annoying children who haven’t reached puberty yet.

I looked up at the ceiling and I began to sniffle. I couldn’t believe that my own boyfriend would betray me like this. I then got up and went downstairs.

Following away to the private lounge, I then found some papers that were for BTS to read tomorrow. I realized I hadn’t written anything for BTS.

“Maybe I should tell them about what has been happening the past three days. It is the second part already and…I have been wanting to tell them how I feel.”

I sat down and wrote them my letter. It was a pretty long one. Luckily, there was an envelope. I saw the other girls’ letters too. And they were all in different colors. But mine was simple and plain white. I stuck it in where the other girl’s letters were and sadly went back to bed.

The next day, me, my girl groups and the I-LANDers all gathered around and there was a video message. And the boys and girls were all elated that BTS was on the screen.

But that got me thinking. What if they didn’t edit the part where I accidentally came in on them? Slowly and quietly, I tried to sneak out. Yet it was so tempting to see everyone’s reactions. So I stayed anyway.

When they saw the part I accidentally came in, the boys laughed so hard. However, Jake looked at me with a scowl. His adorable face was now scrunched up and he looked as though he didn’t want anything to do with me anymore. It shook me, that expression on his face.

After I left the scene, I then walked away. But in another few minutes, I saw the rest of the girls walk in by mistake and they were trying not to squeal when they saw BTS. However, I wasn’t there, so they lost a lot of control. Again, laughter. And Jake looked pretty much pissed off by the way things were going in the video. Once their video message ended with their concluding greeting, we made a run for it.

We made it back to the practice room.

“Y/N,” said Holly, “I think your little boyfriend looked a bit cross with us.”

“He’s jealous of us.” I said, “I know it.”

“But how?” asked Hinata.

“He’s from Australia. And he looked a lot comfortable there. He’s probably jealous of me in particular.”

“But you’re so likable, there is no freaking way any of the boys would be envious of you. This is what doesn’t make sense. If you could try to explain that.”

“Maybe it’s because I’m better, maybe it’s because I see a lot of things before him. Maybe it’s because I have a lot of more friends, maybe it’s because I happen to pass the tests and he doesn’t. But he won’t stay this way forever. I know someday he will confess it to me.”

But that’s the problem. He didn’t want to talk to me at all. In fact, leading up to the day we showed the video messages we made previously for the boys and the boys showed theirs to each of us, he still wouldn’t talk to me. It was as if…he didn’t want to be my friend anymore.

Please log in to read the full chapter