20: When the Birthday Boy Becomes the Bully

By Your Side: Adventures in I-LAND
Please log in to read the full chapter

We slept a lot after coming back home. This time, we drove. About eight hours later, we made it back in time. But it was already dark. And we fell fast asleep in our dorm rooms.

We were usually up at five or six in the morning. But because of the long drive to get back, it wore us out.

We woke up at about ten in the morning. We slept in quite late. But that didn’t mean we couldn’t get our usual quick breakfast from Starbucks. But we didn’t have much planned for the day, other than beginning to work on our debut projects.

I visited ENHYPEN’s dorm. Most of the members were actually in school. And I had already finished mine for the day. I saw Sunghoon sitting still as a stick, staring out into space. I then sat next to him and laid my head on his shoulder. For some reason, it felt like Jake’s shoulder. Warm and soft like a puppy’s fur. But he then let go and walked with Jay and Jungwon, who came back from school.

Eventually, Jake entered. Even he was sleepy too. Today had a lazy start for all of us. The rest of the girls were still doing school, except me, since I finished already.

Jake lay flat on the couch on top of his tummy. His head was turned to the side. I felt the top of his head rub on the side of my knee. Another trait from a puppy. I laid down next to him and stacked my head on top of his.

“Y/N?” Jake said, with his muffled voice.

He then shot his head up.

“What brings you here?” Jake asked.

“Because I wanted to?” I said.

Jake nuzzled my nose side to side and up and down. He was like a puppy sniffling another puppy. Except…I am more of a cat.

He then sat up and said, “It’s your birthday soon, right?”

“Yes,” I replied.

“Seventeen?”

“Yes.”

“I thought you were younger?”

“And that’s what I thought about you as well.”

Our birthdays were in November. It was on a Sunday as well! It was as if they were connected. But…here is the thing…we were not considered a couple. After all…we were just friends.

 

.

.

.

 

Our debut was right around the corner. And me and the girls picked out the perfect song. We were on our way to the usual practise room. However, we found out another band that was using it. The only thing is…they would not give us the room.

And so, we were forced to go to the one ENHYPEN was using. But, of course, the boys were not up for sharing. As always.

Yeo-rin then spotted us entering in.

“The boys will be over with this spot very soon. It seemed to me that BTS haven’t given up on their practise room yet, haven’t they?” she asked.

“We’re not mad,” Maeve huffed, “I just wish my boyfriend didn’t have to be so mean to me like that.”

“Well…” I said, “We’ll talk about that later. Right now, we got to practise for our debut show.”

The song Wi-Fi by SATURDAY was the song we chose. It had a cute, 90s vibe along with high school teenage love and other things. To be honest, it was one of those songs that makes me just want to get up and dance until I trip, fall, and break my elbow or something.

We danced and we danced until we were officially tired out. And we danced to this song for no more than fifty times. I counted off the many times that we practised our choreography. It wasn’t easy…but it was so much fun.

And then I remembered that Jake was having something planned for his birthday. If I had known that my birthday was on a Sunday too then I wouldn’t have felt so bad about not getting him a gift. And I did get him a gift. It was that I wasn’t too sure if he would like it.

A little bit later, the girls and I were at the artist lounge room. I mentally discussed with myself and began to contemplate on what me and Jake want to do on his special day. After all, he was the birthday boy. But I wanted him to have an idea as well. It wouldn’t be fair if he got what only he wanted and if I got what only I wanted. And so…I thought more until my eyes burned with tears.

By then, Yeo-rin, came and broke the silence.

“We’ve prepared the set for your final album cover shoot.” she said, “And the costumes are ready in each of your sizes.”

Since our theme and backstory was high school in the 90s, we had to have school uniforms and a school setting. We were doing most of the shooting at an actual school. But since it was vacation days, the school School of Performing Arts Seoul. It is said that some K-Pop idols, Jungkook for example, had attended there. So hearing about doing a few shoots there was actually pretty cool.

When we got there, some students were in weekend classes (which is one of the many reasons why most of us chose to do online schooling).

The school principal showed us a few classrooms that were big and empty. Perfect for us to start the shoot. And then…after our individual pictures were done, we started on our group photos.

You are wondering about AO3. Well…

“Hello?” I said, answering my phone on the way back from the school.

“Y/N! Gues what!” said Livia, through the phone, “Th

Please log in to read the full chapter