2: Trainees Don't Get Sick

By Your Side: Adventures in I-LAND
Please log in to read the full chapter

My phone alarm went off. But I did not wake up to answer it. Eventually, I did wake up and I did turn it off. But as I stretched out my whole body...I then felt a scratch in my throat.

I tried to swallow it off. But then I thought, Once I eat, then my throat would feel less sore.

But it didn't feel any better. I also noticed that my energy was a bit more slower than usual. I took my temperature: 99.58˚C. I knew I had a cold. I didn't know what type, but it was a cold.

And that was when Holly Fitzpatrick Short called me.

 

Holly: Y/N. Where are you? You're supposed to be here at 5am."

Me: I don't feel very well, my throat is sore and I can't move fast."

Holly: Well, if you really are sick, then call Mr. Hwa-min. I'm sure he'll understand."

Me: No, no, no. And deal with the crazy Tae-woo? I can't do that. I'm just going to force it all, even if I do have a cold."

 

I didn't want to lie in bed that day. I was supposed to go to the agency at 5am. But the evaluation was only two months away. In those days, I never skipped anything, especially school and training.

But I was sick, a time when you would have to stay at home and rest, I didn't know how I was going to face the harmful and traumatic consequences once I had recovered.

All I'm trying to say is that, no matter what, I should still practice and work hard for everything.

 

.

.

.

 

As a miracle, I managed to get through the day without coughing and sneezing. Either I had the 7 hour flu, or maybe that was what happens when you wake up on a certain morning day.

But it was quite weird as well, since it was cold all week at the time. In forever, I actually felt good about mysel

Please log in to read the full chapter