6: Female I-LANDer

By Your Side: Adventures in I-LAND
Please log in to read the full chapter

The moment I knew I was going to I-LAND was enough of a shock for me. It was neither exciting nor a great thing. It was just too scary. Being away from home for a long time is a rare opportunity.

But I was too depressed from being away from my trainee mates and my mum. I still stepped forward. But Jake kept stopping me.

“Y/N,” he said, “I can’t let you go! Your dream was to be a pop star. You can’t let it all go just yet. Please! Let’s do this together!”

Jake wanted me to debut along with him. He wanted me to live my dreams and melt his dreams together. As if he wanted to be my boyfriend. But I can’t date anyone when I am a trainee. It’s not fair, though.

But as I stepped away from the screen and stood next to Jake, I then saw the boys looking greatly concerned and afraid.

“Why are they so concerned?” I asked.

“The capacity has to be no less or more than 20 people in I-LAND. Where are we going to find more I-LANDers that are qualified?”

I faked a shrug. Surely, I knew that my girl groups the Galway Londoners and A03 would be the right ones for this unknown project.

“Well then,” I said, “I guess we are going to have to work together. You know, in order to receive our praise for this whole competition.”

We got straight to work, there was a practise room right next to us. But there was one guy that stopped me.

“Letting you tag along was enough, but letting you dance is considered too much for us boys.”

That’s weird, I thought, I’m not always kicked out of these kinds of things…so why am I kicked out already, when I haven't started anything.

Comparing from the other guys, I was the only female I-LANDer there. Yes, it was sort of a bad thing, but this was my one chance to finally become an idol. A real idol!

However, the guys still treated me like a little princess. All, except the guy that wouldn’t let me in the practise room with them.

In a few moments, We were introduced to our dorms. And trust me, it was way more luxurious than my apartment back in Ireland and in Korea.

“This is our room?” I asked Jake.

“Yup, it is,” said Jake, “Only…you’re the only girl here…so it’s going to be quite tough when you’re here.”

I stood there frozen and set my stuff down without saying anything.

I sat on a bed. But one of the boys stood right in front of me. He seemed confused as well as me.

“This is my bed,” said the boy, “May I have this bed, please?”

I didn’t answer in reply and stood up so the guy could take the bed. Deeply, I was saddened. I wanted to have at least something to myself. Of course, it couldn’t be just a bed…but something more important to me.

I sat down on the couch next to the bed and laid down. I was already tired from the audition to get there. But it was in the afternoon. You know me…I do like a quick kip (nap in Irish english).

But almost thirty minutes later, another guy tapped on my shoulder. But I didn’t like it when I was disturbed. You know that feeling you get when someone is bound to wake you up? This is what I was talking about. People just don’t have enough compassion for one another!

“Ach! Get out of this room, shall you?! I want to take a kip here!”

The guy ran away and closed the door.

Finally I could have a bit of peace, I thought.

But in a couple of seconds, Jake came in and woke me up more gently than the previous guy.

“Y/N,” he said, “We have to wake up now, it’s time for the introduction!”

I yawned and I stood up. I did not understand Jake’s words. Once I was fully awake, my vision was unblurred and I saw Jake’s pretty face again.

“Introduction for what?” I asked.

“We are going to meet our new training staff while we are here. Trust me, they will be surprised when they meet you for the first time!”

 

.

.

.

 

We met at the training/practise room. I could not see who we were meeting. I then quickly ran to the front, since my size was not a very proud one (I was petite; for me, too short to be sixteen).

Out came Bang Si-Hyuk. He fastened his adorned black blazer. I blushed.

I’m a huge fan of that guy! And so are my friends! But what brings him here?

“Greetings to our 20 or more trainees!” he announced with cheer, “We are more than happy to present you…not only a chance to improve your skill socially and mentally, we also

Please log in to read the full chapter