3: I-LAND Getaway! Let Our Adventures Begin!

By Your Side: Adventures in I-LAND
Please log in to read the full chapter

April was gone. We had a great run...but unfortunately, it was time to move on to the next month. But it also meant that it was time to practice for the evaluation that was coming up that June.

It was exciting, but it was also really terrifying. You never know what the results are.

It was while I was resting from the training classes and such, when my mother came into my room, interrupting my sleep.

"Y/N," she said, "Have you been eating well lately?"

I had to answer my mum's question.

"Of course I am," I said, "Why?"

Mum pursed her lips.

"Well...you seemed to have lost a lot of weight this past month."

I was confused. I didn't know why my own mother literally watches my weight so much. It's weird.

"How did you know about my weight? I don't understand."

"Your tummy seems a bit flatter and your energy seems lower than the norm. I'm just worried about you, that's all. Is it because they told you to not eat certain foods?"

I couldn't tell her about the abuse that I was going through.

That's right...from that late March, onto early April, all of that irrational and extreme labor at Dream Life Entertainmentwounded me in the back of my mind.

It hurt me so much, my mental health was nearly at stake. I didn't know if I was going to live during the evaluation.

That was when I thought of having someone to stay close to me. Someone to stay by my side.

But this one day made my mental health and joints worse. In another one of my classes at the agency, me and the other girls had to test our flexibility. I didn't know what that even meant.

All I knew was that I was not going to feel good after a while. I spread out my legs. I went lower and lower.

At a midway point, I felt the tightness between my legs. I ignored it and kept going down.

Suddenly, I had a breaking point. I screamed in pain.

"I CAN'T GO ON!!" I screeched.

"Breathe!!" Tae-woo yelled.

But I couldn't breathe. I couldn't bear the pain that I was in. I struggled to stay strong. I began to shake.

"HOLD YOUR POSITION!!" Tae-woo screamed.

"I'M TRYING!! I'M TRYING!!" I screamed back.

Holly, my partner for this so-called "experiment/exercise", could tell I was in a lot of pain. But I had to keep going.

And then, I began to cry in pain.

"Hey," Tae-woo mocked, "I'm not even pushing you! Why are you crying? Huh? Why?"

"YOU'RE HURTING ME!!" I cried.

Tae-woo smacked my back hard.

"I AM NOT EVEN LAYING A DAMN FINGER ON YOU!!"

I cried even harder.

"GO LOWER!!"

"HAGO ISS-EOYO!! (I'm doing it!)"

The phone alarm went off and I was allowed to be released. Attempting those splits could have broken off my uterus.

But I'm glad that the pain was not that severe.

If I would have stayed in that position for more than twenty minutes...then my body would have a difficult function.

But then, I heard Tae-woo mumble, "I'm glad Jae-yun can't go through this yet."

It had me thinking. Either it was her boyfriend...or someone that is a part of her family. I didn't know who yet...it was brutal, though.

 

.

.

.

 

I went home with a hardening feeling. It was late at night as well. I left my home at five in the evening, and at eight in the evening.

I couldn't even have dinner at that time, because I was so traumatized about what happened.

Because I felt such feelings, I was eventually depressed. But not severely, it was just a saying that I was just sad.

But other than that, after that day, I had eventually met someone that would change my life forever!

In the evening of the weekend, I was going out with some of my trainee mates. We were going to their families' friends' wedding party. But they had a ride to get home, while I had to rely on my mum to come and pick me up.

After I bid my friends goodbye, I patiently waited for my ride home.

I waited...and waited...and waited.

Unfortunately, I got a text message from my mum and she said that she was going to be a bit late, due to the harsh traffic.

I didn't mind it, and so I said, "Ok! I'm still here."

I then turned around and saw the boys playing their game. But one boy stopped and stared at me, as if he was concerned.

I turned away in embarrassment.

I shouldn't have looked over! I thought.

And then, the guy called out, "Are you lost?"

I looked back at the basketball court. He asked the same question.

"Do you speak English? I'm very bad at Korean."

"Yes, I do! I'm asking if you are lost, or something."

"Uh...no. I'm just waiting for my ride home."

But the boy wasn't finished yet.

He then said, "You should be careful. Even if you do get home, you could be taken advantage of on the way."

I smiled, seeing how much this sweet stranger cared about me.

"I appreciate your concern," I said, "But I'm waiting for my mum, not someone else."

"Still, you could be mistaken."

My mum arrived a bit later.

"You are a very kind boy, thank you! I must go now, my mum is here!"

"Get home safely!"

"I shall! Bye-bye!"

On the way home, my mum asked, "Who were you saying goodbye to?"

I then stuttered, "She was one of my trainee mates...that plays basketball."

"Oh, really? That's awesome!"

I nodded my head. But I also frowned. I couldn't say two things now. I couldn't tell her about the abuse, and I couldn't tell her about the boy I met.

It was just so frustrating. I've always told my mum everything. And now...I have to keep secrets from her. I couldn't take the guilt anymore.

I couldn't sleep a wink that night either. The thought just haunted me so bad. But eventually, I told myself everything would be alright and I went to sleep.

 

.

.

.

 

At group dance practice, me and my trainee mates were looking back at our footage that we recorded. I knew I was a pretty good dancer.

I think everyone else was having a hard time following along with each other. I understood that.

"Our dancing is good, but we are still not in sync," said Lara, "I know we are trying, but I don't know if this dance is working for us."

"Then we had better try something else," I said, "I say we do a dance that is a bit more...I don't know...edge."

"What about creating our own choreography?" Juliet said, "I think Y/N could create moves that are easy enough to follow through. At least she knows that she is better than Tae-woo."

Reluctantly, I had to agree. I wanted to prove that I'm worthy of at least a bit of fame. But I also want to let people know that we are special in our own way.

And this is how us Galway Londoners formed.

Many more days went by with only a determined heart. And we had spent all of them by attending Mr. Hwa-min's lectures, dance practices (even group practices), and we took the time to study our Korean (the girls think I have a much better pronunciation than them. I don't know why).

But it was while I was walking home to my apartment from the agency when I saw a dog running up to me. I thought it was a Golden Retriever.

But the pup kept running closer and closer. I then realized that it was a Border Collie in a creamy-white color.

It was almost like a Golden Retriever. Yet it was more white than a dark color. It was a beautiful dog, too.

I sat down and the dog was already laying her head on my lap. I wanted to pet her so bad. She then gave me a smile when I caressed her head. I could tell she was happy that she was being pet by a friendly girl like me.

And then a familiar person slowly walked up to me. By then, I was half asleep. I then rubbed my eyes. I saw a beautiful boy just standing right in front of me. I was confused.

Please log in to read the full chapter