21: Given or Taken

By Your Side: Adventures in I-LAND
Please log in to read the full chapter

Later on, we were going to begin filming our very first music video…with ENHYPEN!

But before that, there was a bit of chaos. Back at home, the boys were filming each other for no reason. Either it had to be the reason for their first music video, or they are just as crazy as us.

I was walking back to the dorm room when I didn’t see Jay with his camera. And he scowled at me.

“GET OUT!” he screamed.

But I flared up at him.

“You know what?! You are so freaking mean! And I never got the chance to tell you that while we were in I-LAND! I hope you understand where I’m coming from!”

I then slammed the door right behind me.

Soon after, I heard Jake’s soft voice talking to Jay. My only confusion was for his behavior. He was acting so mean to me and the girls before. Now he was defending me. And I didn’t understand one bit of it.

I guess I caught myself a two-faced man, haven’t I?

As I was getting my costume together, my phone was buzzing. It was a message from Jake.

He sent me a video. I thought it was for his personal trailer for the first music video. And once he looked at the camera…with a slight and y smile. I laughed so hard. I knew Jake wasn’t all jealous or cold towards us.

But he sent me the video of when I had an argument with Jay.

“Explain this, please?” he texted.

I texted back:

“Okay, so Jay was belittling me to get out and I was thinking he was being mean to me. So I stood up to myself and told him that he wasn’t being very nice. That’s why I sort of…got into a fight with him.”

I then joined with the rest of my girl group. We were going to film the real trailer with the rest of the guys. For their debut, so to speak. And we were going to film ours as well for our debut.

We were doing a forest setting for the boys first. As the crew were getting it set up, I wondered what the huge deal was with all of the fog sequences and ambiance. Then I later realized that Yeo-rin said that their story was seven orphaned boys with vampiric abilities. It might turn into an original novel one day.

There were a few strange things that I noticed behind the scenes. No one else saw it. Just me.

The first thing was that Sunoo was upside down on a branch. But the thing is…people’s blood pressure could be lost that way. He then looked at me with his soft eyes and smiled.

“May I ask why you are up there…upside down?” I asked.

“I am supposed to be this way since we do have strange abilities. We might have our own original novel one day!”

What would this novel be about? Seven boys falling in love with nine girls?

I then left him alone with his filming process.

There were a few separate cameramen that filmed the members separately.

Another strange thing is that Sunghoon rolled off his favorite red sweater and he was completely shirtless. My face turned red and my cheeks went hot. I imagined Jake in that scene. My mind was going mad. I couldn’t think about my own best friend this way. And so, I ran away from the scene.

The last thing I saw was Jake with Jungwon, nearly biting his neck. That one made me feel worse than Sunghoon’s scene. My feelings for Jake had begun to intensify. But then…I looked back on the bit when he yelled at me…on his birthday.

I found it impossible to fall in love with him if he was just going to get mad at me for the smallest things. I thought of the last thing I wanted to do. Let him go. Or in the basics, break up with him.

But I couldn’t do that. I didn’t want to.

For the same reason, I can’t do so for Lara or Sunghoon and Sunoo. I can’t break them up. Even though they hadn’t begun to date, either of them. I’ll give them that.

And then, it was the group filming. And the fog sequence came back. I wondered if we could use it for our concept. But then it would turn into a vampire/werewolf concept.

We stayed there until dark. The other guys had to do their scenes standing up. But Jake got to do a scene in an actual car. Talk about teen romance. While they were taking a break, I got in the vehicle with Jake. He didn’t notice with his airpods and his phone. While he was still occupied, I could not help but think how handsome he was. I could see his charming point on both sides of his upper lip. I sighed lovingly and put my hand on my chin. But I didn’t look at him. That was the entire point of me having a crush.

Jake eventually noticed me and took out an earbud.

“When did you get here?” he asked, slightly surprised at my presence.

His voice was so soft, so gentle…so boyish, if you ask me. But when I looked at him…

His eyes, I thought.

Although they were of a dark color, this guy had beautiful eyes. It might have been from his mother, or his father. For a teen, born rich, he had to have been taught some humility, you know, other than just spending money or thinking that you are better than everyone else.

“I just got in,” I said, my voice a bit shakey, “I was wondering if you were busy tomorrow.”

“I’m not,” said Jake, softly smiling and shaking his head, “But later on tomorrow, I’m going to plan something for Heeseung’s birthday.”

“Tomorrow?”

“We didn’t get to do anything, since we got to work straight after we debuted from I-LAND. I thought maybe we would plan a trip or a dine-out tomorrow.”

“I see…”

When it was time to head out, Jake softly grazed his lips onto my forehead and rubbed it in with his forehead. He kissed it again and then got out of the car. I slowly followed and my cheeks were bright red.

Back at our dorm room, it was already time for bed. As I slept, the thought of Jake kissing my forehead already had been engraved in my mind. His lips were soft and puffy like a warm pillow to rest your head.

Every ten minutes, I whispered Jake’s name. It was a sign of my love for him. It was intensifying. A few more minutes later…I woke up.

 

.

.

.

 

Both Jungwon and Jay had to go to school. But they couldn’t stay long because they had to go to work after a few classes. I visited the boys’ dorm. It was early in the morning and the other two obviously left. They both must have had tests or something.

I quietly walked inside the bedroom. I saw Jake, Sunoo, Sunghoon, and Heeseung all nestled in their beds, snug as a bug. But I didn’t see Ni-Ki anywhere. I looked back and saw him sleeping on the couch with his legs sticking out.

I snickered.

Then the sudden sound of the grass cutter. Jake bolted up. His dark auburn hair was all sticking up and he fluttered his eyelids to adjust the lighting in the room. He stayed still for quite some time, half awake. It was like a little puppy trying not to fall asleep. He then laid his eyes on me. The cute member climbed out of bed and stood up. But I could tell he didn’t want to wake up. And so…he went back to sleep…in Ni-Ki’s bed.

I snickered

Please log in to read the full chapter