Chapter One

Hunter or Hunted?

 

Hyomin leaned back, sighing and rubbing her eyes tiredly. Eunjung grinned and reached over, ruffling her hair, “Go to bed, Hyominnie! You’re exhausted!”

Hyomin shook her head stubbornly, “Nah, I’ve got to finish this first.”

Eunjung frowned, looking over her shoulder, “What are you doing, anyway.”

“I’m updating our profiles and emailing them to Headquarters.” Hyomin replied. She stretched, “Jiyeon’s really good, you know. Even though this is like, her third time, she doesn’t panic or screw up at all.”

“Not like me…” Eunjung muttered, thinking back to her own third mission, where she had been spotted by a policeman while carrying out her assassination. She had nearly died that time, if not for Hyomin and Soyeon’s timely rescue.

“Where’s Jiyeon, anyway?” Eunjung asked, shaking herself out of the old memories and looking about for the youngest assassin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, the subject in question was in school, yawning and rubbing her eyes just as Hyomin had been doing.

The teacher strode into the classroom. Glaring sternly at Jiyeon, he snapped, “You! Get your act together!”

Jiyeon rolled her eyes, but straightened up, paying more attention.

The teacher studied his papers for a moment before saying, “We have two new students joining our class from today onwards. You two can come in now.” He called out.

Jiyeon eyed the two new students, wary as always. But the other girls in the class gasped in unison, swooning. Even the guys looked stunned.

The two new students were had stunningly good looks. The shorter, black-haired one was fit, with strong features and a bright smile. The other newcomer was just as handsome, with spiky blonde hair, delicately chiseled features and a lean, muscular body.

The black-haired student bowed briefly, saying, “Hi! My name is Im Jinyoung, but you guys can call me Jr. It’s nice to meet you all!” He smiled widely, cheerful and friendly.

The other student was more reserved, as he introduced himself quietly, “My name is Im Jaebum, you can call me JB. Nice to meet you.” He bowed briefly, and some of the girls whispered to each other, “Oh my god, they’re both so handsome…are they brothers?”

The teacher ignored their comments. He directed, “Well, Jr-ssi, you can sit over there next to Ailee, and JB-ssi, you can sit next to Jiyeon. There.” He pointed out the seat next to Jiyeon.

Jiyeon watched as JB approached. He put his bag down, seating himself. Jiyeon stuck her hand out in an effort to be friendly, “Hello, my name is Park Jiyeon.”

JB glanced briefly at her. Then he looked away, “I’ve already introduced myself.”

Annoyance flashed in Jiyeon’s face. She withdrew her hand, rolling her eyes. What a rude guy. So much for looks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Qri bowed, smiling as she greeted the main photographer. He had an impatient look on his face, and was wringing his hands in a panic as she asked him, “Is something wrong?”

“Yes!” The man exploded, “Your partner for the photoshoot still isn’t-”

“I’m sorry I’m late!” a bright voice interrupted.

They looked up, only to see a tall man with flat blonde hair and gentle, warm features. He smiled at them, making him look like some ancient Greek God.

“You…you’re not Ok Taecyeon, are you?” the main photographer asked, staring at the man.

The stranger hesitated, rubbing the back of his head, “Eh…Taec said that something urgent came up unexpectedly, so he asked me to come here to replace him. Is that okay?”

The photographer hesitated, studying the stranger. Then he nodded, “You’ll do.” He turned to the rest of the staff, calling for them to hurry up and get ready for the photoshoot.”

The man smiled at Qri, “Hi. My name’s Nickhun. It’s nice to meet you.” He held out his hand.

Qri took it, smiling back at him, “Hi. My name’s Qri. You’re not Korean, are you? Nickhun sounds like a Thai name.”

Nickhun laughed, “You caught me. I’m Thai Chinese.”

The main photographer glanced at them. It seemed that they had struck up an instant friendship.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Which reminds me, Eunjung…why’re you still here?” Hyomin glanced at the other girl. Eunjung frowned, “Huh? What do you mean?”

“Don’t you have classes today?”

There was a long silence as Eunjung and Hyomin stared at each other.

Then Eunjung shot to her feet, swearing, “Oh ! Bloody hell, I forgot all about my class! The principal’s going to murder me…” She hurried to her room to pack her stuff, and, moments later, she darted out of the door.

Hyomin called after her, “Be careful!”

Eunjung just waved her hand. And then she hurried on.

------------------------------------------------

Chapter One is up! What do you guys think? Half of the main characters have been introduced already, the next two chapters will be introducing the rest of them. Please give your feedback!

@pinkyaya: i will definitely finish the story, as I always do with, although it might take a while for my updates cos i'm quite busy with my school and studies, esp since it's my exam period. And yes, the focus of the story is actually on Jiyeon. She, Hyomin, Eunjung and their respective partners are the main characters.

@angelnguyen: I'm sorry, but what do you mean by cpl?

Thanks everyone who's subscribed to my story, and if there are any new readers, please remember to subscribe and comment!