Chapter Fifteen

Hunter or Hunted?

 

JB’s eyes were weary as he stared out at the sky. He took a deep breath, and forced himself to put on his most confused face, “But why, Jiyeon?”

Jiyeon hesitated for a moment, biting her lip as she wondered how much she could tell him. Then she shook her head, “I’m sorry, JB. I…I don’t want to do this, but I don’t have a choice. I’m leaving with my sisters. And I don’t know when I’ll be coming back. I’m sorry.”

Before he could say a word, she turned and fled.

JB stared silently after her, but he made no attempt to chase her. After a moment, he dialed a number into his phone, “Jr, let’s go.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Junho stood at attention, his back ramrod straight. Yunho sat in his armchair, his arms folded as he waited.

A moment later, the door opened, and JB, Jr and Taecyeon filed in. Yunho’s eyes narrowed, “Taecyeon, are you all right?”

Taecyeon looked up. His eyes were blood-shot, his face pale, his frame shaking. JB grabbed him by the arm as he stumbled, murmuring, “Hyung, get a hold on yourself.”

Jr cleared his throat, “Taecyeon’s been feeling ill for the past few days. He’s been running a fever on and off, and he nearly fainted on his way here.”

Yunho frowned, “Is that so? Very well, Taecyeon, just take a seat first.”

JB led Taecyeon to a chair on the other side of the room before returning to his place beside Jr and standing at attention.

Yunho cleared his throat, taking a file up from his drawer, “You should all know why I ordered you here. It’s time for us to hunt down of T-ara members. Park Soyeon has escaped; there is clearly one amongst us who cannot be trusted. We have to hunt that one down as well. Elder Yoochun believes that it is Hwang Chansung; he was, after all, close to Park Soyeon.”

Taecyeon stirred but did not say anything.

“Junho, you and Jun.K will be assigned to root out the traitor. Make sure to inform him. I want whoever it is gone by tonight. Find out if it’s really Hwang Chansung, and deal with him if it is. JB, you will lead Jr, Siwoo, Nickhun, Wooyoung, Myungsoo and Lay against the T-ara members. Take your time, don’t mess up. Taecyeon, you’ll stay out of this for the time being. Rest, recuperate, and then get back to work. Dismissed.”

They bowed, and JB helped Taecyeon out of the room. Junho groaned, “Things just get messier and messier. What do we do about Chansung?”

“…follow the orders. We have no choice.” Jr decreed. Junho stared at him in shock, “What? Are you insane? Kill our brother?”

“Enough.” JB spoke quietly, “Jr, take Taec and go ahead.”

He waited till Jr and Taecyeon were out of earshot before turning to Junho, “Warn Chansung. Tell him to find the T-ara members and go to them. Tell him to ask them for protection. Only wait till he’s gone before you tell Jun.K. And be very careful, we can’t afford to have you fall under suspicion as well. And don’t mention a thing to Jr. He’s too young to be messed up in all this.” He patted Junho on the shoulder, then strode away.

Junho sighed deeply. Why did he have to get messed up in all this crap when it wasn’t his business?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soyeon was clutching the table desperately with one hand, her face shining with sweat as she tried to push herself up. Eunjung was in a half-crouch; she leaned forward, ready to catch Soyeon at any time. Behind her, the other T-ara members watched on worriedly.

With a gasp, Soyeon’s hand gave out, and her legs hit the floor hard before Eunjung could catch her. She winced, “Ouch…”

Jiyeon frowned, her expression worried, “Unnie, let’s take a break. Your knees are going to be really bruised at this rate.”

Soyeon bit her lip and pushed herself up using Eunjung’s hand, “No, it’ll be fine. Let me continue.”

The T-ara members exchanged uneasy glances.

Just at that moment, a phone began to ring. Soyeon looked up, startled, “It’s my phone.”

“I’ll get it for you.” Boram volunteered.” She got the phone from Soyeon’s bag, then stopped, her eyes wide, “It’s Hwang Chansung.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chansung leaned against the wall, his breathing harsh. They were here. He could sense it. He cursed. Junho had called to warn him, but he hadn’t expected them to be here so quickly.

He could hear Junho murmuring to Jun.K in an all-too-loud voice, “Should we just crash the door?”

Jun.K hissed, “Quiet! He might hear us!”

Chansung grabbed his bag. He hesitated for a moment, glancing back at the door. Then he leapt out of the window.

There was a resounding crash as his door was kicked open, and he heard Jun.K’s voice roar, “He’s getting away, get him!”

Chansung tumbled into a rubbish bin and tripped, nearly losing his balance. He scrambled upright and tore out of the dark alley, pulling his dagger out just in case there were others lying in wait in front of him.

He was right.

Jung Jinwoon, one of the Rank 2 Warriors, was lying in wait. He leapt out at Chansung, but his reflexes were too slow for the more experienced Warrior. In one fluid move, Chansung stabbed Jinwoon in the stomach, tore the blade to the left, and continued running. He heard a brief gasp as Jinwoon fell – then silence.

Chansung swallowed, hard.

“Freeze, !” Jun.K’s voice was harsh. But Chansung continued to run, gaining speed. He was just about to round a corner, when Jun.K yelled, “I have a gun and I will shoot!”

Chansung put on an extra burst of speed, his face a fierce grimace.

A shot rang out in the night. 

------------------------------------------------

Shorter chapter this time around. Jiyeon's fallen prey to the 'noble idiocy' ideal. Who thinks JB should stop her?

This chapter was more on Chansung; why did he call Soyeon? And he's clearly in danger - was he shot? Or did he escape? Jun.K is actually quite vicious in this story; he doesn't hesitate to turn against his friends. He's a lot like Elder Yoochun, who's also extremely sadistic. So, will Chansung make it out of there alive? Wait for the next chapter to find out!

Guys, remember to comment and subscribe!

Also, please support my new stories, More than Meets the Eye, http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/271872/more-than-meets-the-eye-jiyeon-exo-kai-luhan-jjcouple-kaistal-luyoon, ft. JJCouple, Luyoon and Kaistal. The other story is a collection of oneshots, http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/259461/oneshot-collection-love-in-korean-pop-infinite-tara-myungzy-myungyeon-exo-jjcouple-exoshidae, I write about JJCouple, Myungyeon, Myungzy, Kaistal and others. Please check them out and support them! Thanks!