Chapter Five

Hunter or Hunted?

 

“Let us welcome our new student, Kim Myungsoo!” The teacher began to clap, and after a moment of silence, the other students followed half-heartedly.

The new student, Kim Myungsoo, just acknowledged the welcome with a nod. Jiyeon eyed the guy. He seemed really arrogant.

The teacher finally stopped clapping, and cast his gaze around the classroom, “All right, then, you can sit…”

“I want to sit next to the cute girl.” Myungsoo interrupted. The teacher blinked, “I’m sorry?”

To Jiyeon’s horror, Myungsoo pointed right at her, “I want to sit next to her.” He gave Jiyeon a wink, and she rolled her eyes. What a complete playboy.

Myungsoo strode up to JB and asked rudely, “Do you mind? This is now my seat.” JB, however, just looked up at him calmly, “Find your own seat, Myungsoo.”

Jiyeon blinked, startled by the familiar way that JB addressed the new student. Myungsoo glared at JB, “I said move.” But JB just ignored him completely, paying him no attention. After a moment, Myungsoo looked up at the student sitting on the other side of Jiyeon, “Move it, kid.”

The student was much more easily intimidated by Myungsoo. After a moment, the student meekly stepped out of his seat, letting Myungsoo sit down in it. Myungsoo grinned at Jiyeon, “Hello there.”

Jiyeon rolled her eyes again. Oh, dear god.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyomin was startled to see Jang Wooyoung languishing on a sofa at the site of the photoshoot. When she turned to the head of the magazine that had hired her, however, he just pointed at Wooyoung and said, “That’s the model you’ll be working with. Jang Wooyoung. You should know him, he’s a popular comedian.”

Wooyoung had noticed Hyomin and stood up, a sneer on his face as he said, “Look who it is, the girl who just can’t mind her own business.”

Hyomin glared at Wooyoung, “You shut up.”

Before Wooyoung could come up with a retort, the makeup artist called him over, “Come on, Wooyoung-sshi, we have to get you ready for the photoshoot. Stop arguing with the photographer.”

Wooyoung stared at Hyomin, “You’re a photographer?”

Hyomin rolled her eyes, “Duh. Why else would I be carrying a camera?”

Wooyoung smirked, “You could be a stalker. I think that would fit you better.” He ducked, laughing, as Hyomin took a furious swipe at him, and hurried towards the makeup artist.

Hyomin huffed, “I’ve never met a bigger jerk that him! God! Just my luck!”

Wooyoung was smirking to himself as the makeup artist started putting makeup on him, “I bet I got on her nerves this time. Hah. Serves her right for trying to interfere in my affairs.”

His manager, Jo Kwon heard what he laughed to himself and hit him on the back, hard, “Yah, are you playing with another girl again?”

Wooyoung gave his manager an impatient look, “Of course not. That girl is really annoying. She accused me of treating my previous girlfriend badly when I broke up with her in public. Like, hello, she was the one cheating on me. Do you know how embarrassing it was for me to be challenged by someone in public? It totally ruined my reputation!”

His manager snorted, “Sounds like an exaggeration to me. I bet you’re just attracted to her, that’s why you’re kicking up such a fuss.”

Wooyoung glared at Jo Kwon through the mirror, “Says who?”

“If you really wanted revenge, then you would just seduce her and then dump her and break her heart. Isn’t that like the most obvious method of revenge? You’re just attracted to her, so you’re trying to get her attention by pissing her off.” Jo Kwon replied, rolling his eyes.

Wooyoung opened his mouth to refute Jo Kwon’s words when all of a sudden, an idea struck him. “Why didn’t I think of that?” Wooyoung asked himself, a grin spreading across his face.

Jo Kwon blinked, “Think of what?”

Wooyoung leapt out of his seat, ignoring the makeup artist as he grabbed Jo Kwon by the shoulders, “That’s a great idea, Kwon. Thanks a bunch!”

Before the Jo Kwon or the makeup artist could stop him, Wooyoung had rushed over to Hyomin and grabbed her hand, “Go out with me.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jiyeon glanced over at the overcrowded table and rolled her eyes. As usual, all the insane JB fangirls had crowded around his table, trying to get his attention as he ate his lunch. She really didn’t get it. Honestly, she could kind of understand why JB had suddenly gotten so many crazy fangirls in the school; he was, after all, incredibly hot. However what she didn’t understand was the method which they used to get his attention. Didn’t they realize this would probably make him dislike them?

“Hey there.” Jiyeon jumped, startled, as JR suddenly popped up beside her. He swung himself into the seat beside her, throwing an arm around the older girl, “How’s life?”

Jiyeon tried to push JR’s arm away, irritated, “Stop acting like you know me, weirdo.”

“But I do know you. You’re my brother’s future girlfriend.”

Jiyeon stared at him, “What?”

JR grinned, “Please. It’s so obvious that you like my brother. Like, really, painfully obvious. I bet you were really glad when the teacher assigned you guys in the same group, eh?”

Jiyeon turned away from the hyper boy, “Don’t be ridiculous.”

“No, really. I can tell, you know. You’re attracted to my brother, aren’t you?” When she ignored him, he asked, “Have you met up with him about that project anymore?”

“Of course not. We’ve already finished the project, and it’s due in like, two months’ time. Why do we have to meet up again when we’ve finished it early?” Jiyeon answered, swallowing a spoonful of rice.

“God, are you dumb or what. If you want to get closer to my brother, then you’re obviously going to have to meet up with him more so you guys can develop a bond, right?” JR replied.

“Who said I want to get closer to him?” Jiyeon retorted. She glared at JR, but found herself unable to meet his gaze as she noticed the fact that JR had the exact same shade of storm-gray eyes as his twin brother. JR’s tone was triumphant as he took it to be a sign of admission, “See, I told you so. You like my brother. Or at the very least you’re attracted to him. Yes?”

Jiyeon was silent. JR shook his head. He pointed to his brother’s table, “See that? Honestly, I can tell that my brother is interested in you. Really. I know the guy. But he’s an introvert, so there’s no way he’s going to just come out and ask you out. But he does like you. That’s why he hasn’t accepted a single one of those crazy fangirls. Now, I know it’s probably uncomfortable for you to just tell my brother that you like him. So, I thought of a Plan B for you.”

Jiyeon looked up, unable to help herself, “Plan B?”

JR grinned. He pointed at Myungsoo, “There’s a boy who’s not afraid to show his feelings for you. Be good to him. Make my brother jealous. Then, we’ll have some action from him.”

“You say it like it’s really going to happen.” Jiyeon was not so sure about JR’s ‘Plan B’, but JR just clapped her on the back, “Trust me. Like I said, I know my brother. Do as I say, and he’ll confess to you in no time.” He glanced at his watch and whistled, “Oops, gotta go. Seul’s waiting. See ya!” He waved and dashed off, like a hyper little chipmunk.

Jiyeon hesitated for a moment. Then she called to Myungsoo, “Hey, want to join me for lunch?”

Myungsoo was startled by the sudden invitation. After a moment, a grin spread across his face and he smirked, “Why not?”

JB looked up as he heard Jiyeon’s voice. His eyes narrowed when he realised that she had been talking to Myungsoo. Then he scolded himself mentally, “Don’t be stupid, JB! She has the freedom of choice to sit with whoever she likes! It’s not like you’re her boyfriend or anything!”

But he couldn’t keep his eyes off the duo as they started to laugh and talk together. His hands clenched over his lunch tray, his jaw tight. After a moment, he stood up, ignoring all his fangirls, and stormed out of the lunch hall.

Jiyeon watched as he left in a huff. Could it be that JR had really predicted his introvert brother correctly?

----------------------------------------------

Here's the next update! Myungsoo joins in the fun in this chapter, although I kind of feel bad for him since Jiyeon is just using him to get JB's attention...oh well, he's a playboy anyway, so he can't really complain that she's playing him...Is JR right, though? Does JB really have feelings for Jiyeon, or does he just treat her as an acquaintance at this time? What do you guys think? And i totally loved writing about wooyoung/hyomin's part. They kind of have a love-hate relationship, and don't forget, Hyomin really hates men in general, so how will she handle Wooyoung now? 

I'll be updating more on the other pairings, but like I said before, Jiyeon/JB, Hyomin/Wooyoung and Eunjung/Taecyeon are my main pairings so the focus will always be on them, especially Jiyeon/JB since they are, in a way, the main characters.

Remember, comment and subscribe! I'll update as soon as I get a chance. (I really hate exams. Bleh.)