Chapter Seven

Hunter or Hunted?
JB opened his eyes as he sensed a presence hovering above him. To his surprise, it was not Myungsoo, but Jiyeon. Jiyeon sat down on the bench beside JB, "Are you skipping?"

JB sat upright, straightening his clothes out, "Obviously." He glanced at her, "Are you ditching too? Why?"

"It's music next, if you're not going, I might as well ditch too." Jiyeon answered. When JB didn't answer, she continued with another question, "Are you ditching on purpose? So you won't have to perform the song?"

JB scoffed, "Why would I be afraid of performing a song?"

"You're not scared of performing a song, of course...but you're scared of performing with me." Jiyeon observed quietly. JB didn't respond. Jiyeon smiled sadly, "I'm right, aren't I?" JB remained silent. Finally, Jiyeon asked, "What you said yesterday...did you mean it?"

JB finally spoke, "I meant everything I said yesterday."

Jiyeon hesitated for a moment. Then she reached out and took his hand, "I feel the same way."

JB breathed out, "Are you trying to seduce me now?"

Jiyeon snorted, rolling her eyes, "Why would I bother to do that?" JB looked at her for a moment, "Why are you suddenly so nice to me again?"

Jiyeon wanted to tell him the truth. She wanted to tell him that, after hearing his confession, after admitting her own feelings for him, there was no way she could be so cold to him anymore. She knew that he might be a Warrior, but now she didn't care anymore. She wanted to be with him, be damned the consequences. But she couldn't tell him any of that. Instead, she said, "Because I'm sick and tired of pretending to be someone I'm not. I'm sick and tired of denying what I really feel."

JB stared at her silently, a little startled by her sudden confession. He hesitated, and Myungsoo's words reverberated in his head.

"And if she is, then you will have to eliminate her. And if you don't...we will."

His storm gray eyes were serious as he stared at the girl before him. Myungsoo was right, he knew that. But...but...

JB reached out and hugged Jiyeon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyomin opened the door as the doorbell rang, and then rolled his eyes in exasperation, "What the hell, Jang Wooyoung! Are you stalking me? How the hell did you find out where I live?"

"I have my resources, of course. Don't forget, I'm a celebrity. So, will you go out with me?" Wooyoung asked, a playful smile on his face as he leaned against the frame of the door.

Hyomin gave a groan of frustration, "I've already told you ten times, no! I'm not interested in dating a selfish jerk like you!"

Wooyoung's face twisted momentarily at her words. Then his face rearranged into a smile again, "Aw, come on, you know you want me!"

"Get lost!" Hyomin shouted. She slammed the door right in Wooyoung's face and threw herself onto the sofa. Wooyoung shouted from outside, "I'll be back tomorrow. I'll wait everyday until you agree to go out with me!"

Hyomin buried her face into the pillow and gave a yell of exasperation. What a frustrating man!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nickhun studied his handsome face in his mirror, his expression colder than ice. After a moment, he reached into his coat, and his hand touched the cold razor blade of his knife. After a moment, he kept the mirror and rapped sharply on the door.

Kwon Yuri pulled the door open and smiled widely, "Nichkhun-oppa! You're here! Come on in." She pulled the door open for him, "I wrote a new song recently, you want to try it out?"

Nickhun chuckled, "I'm not a singer, Yul, I'm a model. Two very different things." He closed the door behind him and locked it.

Yuri pouted, "I know, but you're such a great singer, you should just debut as one!" She picked up a file of papers, looking for the song she had written.

Then there was a sharp, stabbing pain in her back. She gasped softly. Her head turned, slowly, to look at the taller model. Nickhun looked back at her with sad eyes, "I'm sorry, Yul, but you're an assassin. A murderer. You're one of the Creed. I have to do this."

"You...you're a Warrior..." Yuri croaked. It wasn't a question. She tried to muster the strength to draw the pistol hidden at her side, but Nickhun drew the blade back and stabbed again. Yuri slid to the ground, her eyes staring up accusingly at Nickhun. Nickhun's jaw tightened for a moment. Then he stabbed her in the chest, twice.

Yuri's body convulsed for a few moments. Then she lay limp, her eyes staring up unseeingly.

Nickhun stood up, breathing in deeply. He looked about the house. He hadn't touched anything, and he had worn the typical Warrior shoes that allowed one to leave behind no trace of footsteps. No one would know it was him.

There was a knock on the door and a voice called, "Yuri unnie? Are you in?"

Nickhun's head whipped around. That voice...it was...

"It's me, Qri! Yuri-unnie, I have something I need to discuss with you now, can you open the door?"

Nickhun cursed. It was her, that model girl. Lee Qri. He hesitated for a moment, then remembered what JB had told them the previous session.

"Lee Qri lives with the rest of them. This could very well mean...that she is a member of T-ara."

Could it be? Nickhun wondered. As Qri tried to turn the doorknob and realised it was locked, she began to hammer on it, calling Yuri's name. Nickhun didn't have much time left. He grabbed the knife and dove right out of the window, just as Qri knocked the door open and charged into the room. ----------------------------------------------------

So! Jiyeon and JB have finally gotten together. How will Myungsoo and the other Warriors react to this? Or will JB keep it from them? Wooyoung's really not giving up either, he really intends to camp outside Hyomin's house. And Nickhun is more dangerous than he first seemed...

Please don't be a silent reader, and remember, subscribe and comment!