Chapter Twelve

Hunter or Hunted?

 

Jiyeon staggered into class, almost falling over her own feet. JB, who was entering behind her, just managed to catch her and lift her up. He eyed her worriedly, “Yah, Jiyeon-ah, I think you should go home and rest. You look beat.”

Jiyeon could barely keep her eyes open, but she shook her head, “I’m fine.” JB helped her to her seat, “What the hell have you been doing, watching K-dramas all night long? You look like a panda.”

But Jiyeon didn’t even have the energy to get mad at JB’s words. She just blinked in an effort to stay awake, “I was out. Looking for someone.”

JB’s expression changed at her words. Jr, who was sitting at his seat behind them, looked down at his papers, unable to meet their eyes. There was a moment of silence as JB helped Jiyeon get into her seat without falling down. Then, all of a sudden, he hugged her gently, her hair.

Jiyeon was startled, but her lips turned upwards in a smile as she hugged him back, “What’s up with you today.”

There was a pause as JB slipped something inconspicuously into the pocket of Jiyeon’s jacket. Then he straightened up with a smile, “Nothing, just trying to make you happier. You seem rather down nowadays.”

Jiyeon managed a weak laugh, “Maybe you should do it more next time. I think that actually energized me.” JB patted her on the head and got into his seat next to her. His eyes met Jr’s briefly; Jr mouthed, “Is it in her pocket?”

JB nodded once. Then he turned back to his papers as the teacher entered the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As class ended, the teacher strode out of the classroom, and was quickly replaced by a taller figure. Ok Taecyeon strode straight to JB, his voice too low to be heard by others as he murmured, “Junho’s back.”

JB looked up in shock, “Then…Boram-sshi…?”

Taecyeon hesitated, “Tomorrow. We have to get Soyeon-sshi to safety by today. And we have to warn them. Did you give her the note?”

JB nodded, “I slipped it into her pocket. She’ll find it.”

Jiyeon rapped JB’s table, “What are you two whispering about?”

JB straightened up immediately, answering all too quickly, “Nothing!” Taecyeon shifted uncomfortably. There was a pause before he addressed Jiyeon, “How’s Eunjung been lately?”

Jiyeon raised an eyebrow, “You haven’t seen unnie lately?”

There was another uncomfortable silence before Taecyeon replied, “I’ve been busy with work. So no.”

If Jiyeon sensed something was wrong, she gave no hint of it, “She’s been really tired lately. We’ve all been exhausted.” She didn’t explain further.

JB and Jr tossed their books into their bags, “We’re ready.” And then they were gone, striding to Taecyeon’s car. Jiyeon stared after them curiously. Then she shook herself. She had to get back home and continue the search for Soyeon. As she pulled her jacket off, a piece of paper suddenly fluttered to the ground. She frowned, startled. When had that gotten into her jacket? She picked up the paper, scanning through it quickly. Then her eyes widened in shock:

Address

If you want to see your comrade again, bring the other five with you to save her, in five hours time.

W

She stared down at the note, stunned. It was signed off with a single letter, W, and she could guess easily enough what that meant. Warrior. The Warriors really had Soyeon unnie.

Without another thought, she grabbed her bag and ran back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hyomin threw the note onto the floor, “It’s a trap. There’s no way this is real, which Warrior would be kind enough to give us a note like this?”

“Could be the truth.” Eunjung countered, “This is could be a chance to save Soyeon.”

“How did this get into your pocket anyway, Jiyeon?” Boram asked, turning to look at the maknae. Jiyeon hesitated, then shook her head, “I really don’t know. It just fell out while I was at school…”

“I think we should go anyway.” Qri said quietly, “This is a chance to save Soyeon, if we give it up, god knows what will happen to her next. We can’t waste anymore time.”

There was a pause as the leader considered Qri’s words. Then Hyomin sighed deeply, “You’re right. We have no choice. Let’s get ready and move out.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

JB and Taecyeon glanced about warily, their eyes scanning the surroundings. Chansung, standing behind them, whispered, “There’s no one around! Let’s just hurry!”

JB quietly opened the door; it creaked slightly but offered no resistance.

Park Soyeon was slumped in a chair in the middle of the rooms, unconscious. Her hair was dirty and matted, her face and fingers stained with blood and gore. One of her arms was twisted at a weird, inhuman angle and hung limply by her side.

Taecyeon drew in a deep breath; Junho, entering behind the others, swore softly, “Holy Christ.”

Taecyeon, JB, Chansung, Nickhun and Junho sneaked into the room, not making any noise at all. Junho glanced at Taec, JB and Chansung, “Are you guys sure you want to do this? She’s an assassin, it’s our job to kill her kind. There’s nothing wrong with it, we don’t have to feel bad and help her.”

“It’s not just about feeling bad, Junho.” Chansung interrupted, “She’s my friend. She’s not like the cold-blooded killers they always tell us about.”

“Not to you, maybe. But what about all those other people she’s killed? She’s nice to you because she thought you were normal. But now, do you still think she’ll be warm and kind to you?” Junho pointed out.

“It doesn’t matter. What matters is that we care for them, and we want to help them. How they treat us makes no difference.” JB’s voice was strained as he spoke. Junho’s eyes met his, and the older man shook his head, “You sound like a lovesick puppy, kid.”

Taecyeon interrupted, “JB is right. We want to help. You don’t have to do this if you don’t want to, you and Khun. It’s not your fight, and we won’t blame you if you want to stay out of this.”

Khun and Junho hesitated, glancing at each other. Then Khun shook his head, “We’re staying. You guys are our comrades, our brothers. We’re not leaving you to do this alone. Besides,” he grinned, “I think that Qri girl is actually pretty fun.”

Junho nodded in agreement, “What the heck man, we’re in too.”

The five of them grinned at each other. Then they set to work freeing Park Soyeon from her bonds.

A few hours later, JB was carrying Soyeon as they got down Taecyeon’s car. They looked about at the abandoned warehouses, and Junho raised an eyebrow, “You sure they’ll come.”

“Jiyeon won’t give up a chance to rescue her sister.” JB said confidently. As if on cue, they heard the rumble of another engine; Khun’s eyes narrowed, “They’re here.”

“Do you guys want to come clean now and tell them who we are?” Taecyeon asked, looking at the others. There was a silence as JB hesitated.

Junho broke in, “Frankly I think that would be really stupid. It would destroy your relationships completely. Let me bring her there alone. They don’t know me at all, so they won’t know I’m connected to you.”

The others hesitated, then JB nodded in agreement, “All right. We’ll cover your back. Be careful.”

Junho nodded. He took Soyeon from JB and strode into the designated warehouse.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The T-ara members entered the warehouse warily; a man was already waiting for them at the end of the warehouse. He was rather short, but his body was strong and muscular, his short black hair cut in a short crewcut. He was dressed completely in black, and on his back he carried Soyeon.

Jiyeon took a step forward involuntarily; Qri grabbed her, “Careful.”

“Bring her over.” Hyomin demanded. She drew a short blade from her belt, “This better not be a trick, or I’ll kill you right now.”

Junho remarked sarcastically, “Well, you certainly are the trusting soul, aren’t you?” Slowly, he carried Soyeon over to them. As Eunjung took Soyeon from Junho, the other members gasped when they saw the extent of Soyeon’s injuries, “What the hell did you people do to her?!” Hyomin shouted in fury.

Junho’s eyes were cold, “At least we didn’t kill her like you killed our people. And besides, interrogations hurt. Your friend should have thought of that before choosing to defy us.”

Eunjung’s fists tightened in anger.

Boram was the only one in the group not shaking with fury as she asked quietly, “Why are you doing this? Is this a trap?”

“None of your business.” Junho answered rudely. He turned to leave, expecting the other T-ara members to leave quietly as well.

There was a pause as the T-ara members glanced at each other.

Then, silently, Jiyeon drew her own knife from her belt. Hyomin and Jiyeon readied themselves, and they stalked up to Junho like silent ghosts. Both knives rose at the same time, and stabbed downwards…

----------------------------------------------------------------

OMO! Junho! What's going to happen to him? Will he die? Will he realise the danger and ninja-duck? Revealed in next chapter XD

Warriors finally make a move to save Soyeon; full extent of Soyeon's injuries will be revealed. I loved how Junho and Khun were so loyal to their bros; it's none of their business but they'll still help them! 

Wooyoung returns in the next chapter, along with two mystery characters. Can anyone guess who they are? Hint: One (female) is in a popular nine-member band, and the other (male) is a popular and awesome solo singer.

On a sidenote, like i mentioned in my blog, i will not stop writing about t-ara, nor will i write hwayoung out of my story. I hope my readers can continue supporting this story even though they may no longer be fans of t-ara; if, however, you believe in t-ara, then i hope you will support them along with me.

Remember, comment and subcribe!